Power Rack, also commonly known as Power Cage is an exercise equipment designed for performing weight training fitness routines. They allow free weight workout sessions that include barbell but avoids the restrictions that otherwise are seen while using the Smith Machine.
A squat cage has 4 vertical poles or posts and contains two adjustable horizontal bars on every side. The frame takes the shape of a cage, hence the name. It also has bars on the exterior that allow exercise like chin ups and pull ups. These are immensely beneficial for body building and muscle training.
It is large, spacious, rectangular-cubical shaped strength training equipment. It is usually made from steel and is finished using proper coatings that make it a lot more durable and sturdy for continuous usage. It is used for heavy duty workouts and is very efficient.
If you are joining a gym and are planning to do intense training, then your commercial gym must have at least one. If it doesn’t, then I suggest you look somewhere else. Or you could simply get one for yourself at home. A home gym is the new cool and is a good way to make use of your basement, garage or other spare rooms. It saves you a lot of time and energy and also the precious money!
Are you planning to buy a power rack for commercial use or your home? Here are a few models that are on sale at Amazon and are excellent for use.
Best Power Racks Under $500
It may seem a low price for such an essential equipment, but you can buy a quality rack under $500. A few models cost only around $300. If you are on a tight budget and you do not want to lift extremely heavy weights, one of the products below will do for you. For lifting 300-400 lbs each of the power racks below are suitable.
What is the best choice at this price range?
Well, considering the price, the features and the customer reviews Titan T-2 is the winner for me. Besides using it for barbell exercises, you can do bodyweight moves such as dips, pull-ups, and chin-ups. Also, you can store you weight plates on it.
Rating & Reviews
Details & Current Price
About 600 lbs
47 x 63.5 x 82 inches
About 500 lbs
44 x 82 x 46 inches
Floor space- 59" x 48"
48 x 48 x 83 inches
(D x W x H) 46 x 50 x 85
55 x 49 x 81 inches ; 190 pounds
(Prices may differ as they are updated once a day.)
Valor Fitness BD-7 Review
Are you looking for the ultimate power rack to add to your gym or home exercise unit? Amazon has the best deal for you by Valor Fitness. It is an excellent product for intense training to build up your muscular body and strength. It is designed specifically to help you bulk up more in a sophisticated fashion. The steel made product makes your exercise experience a lot more enjoyable, comfortable and very sturdy. You can rely on this machine to help maximize the productivity and achieve your bodybuilding goal efficiently.
Many people have claimed that it intensified their athletic side. It made their target easier to reach and assisted them in getting a ripped physique in no time.
- It is a 2” x 2” mainframe model that comes with a Lat Pull Attachment.
- It consists of four strong 8” plate storage pegs, 2 steel made safety bars, and 4 steel weight bar supports that can be adjusted as you like.
- It comes with a Valor Fitness MB-A BD-7 handle accessory set & Champion Cable Attachments Pack.
- This machine weighs up to 89 pounds.
- The measurement is as follows: 82” (h) x 63.5” (w) x 47”(d).
- You can take up to 200 pounds of weight on Lat Pull.
PowerLine PPR200X Review
Powerline is a renowned name when it comes to athletic gear and gym equipment because of its unique quality and par excellence performance. Powerline PPR200X is the epitome of class that will make your entire fitness regime much more exciting and fruitful. This equipment is now available on Amazon for free shipping at a very affordable price. This product is specially designed for gyms and home and is safe to use.
- Weightlifters find it highly efficient and convenient. They can perform intense workouts with it much more enthusiastically.
- It has a wide walk-in area that makes movement very much easier, and you can do plenty of side to side movements.
- It measures 44W x 82H x 46D and weighs up to 40 lbs when it is delivered to your doorstep via shipping.
- This machine allows you to get in charge of your fitness with more confidence. It lets you do military presses, squats, flat and incline/decline along with shrugs and calf-raise.
- It comes with secure and safe saber style rods as well as 2 heat tempered liftoffs. They keep your workout routine simple yet efficient letting you perform 18 different positions.
- You can purchase the CAP barbell and Prosource puzzle exercise mats along with it for a unique training experience.
- The frame comes with a 10-year warranty.
A superb exercise equipment in your gym or home fitness area not only makes your target achievement a lot easier but even more enjoyable as well. Are you searching for an excellent equipment for a unique athletic regime? Get Atlas that comes with a deadlift cage as well as bench racks.
- It a solid 1” round steel made, highly safe and secure home gym rack that is chrome plated and contains a lock on design.
- It has up to 28 holes that are 2” apart from each other for easy adjustment.
- It is available in a striking black color. This design is the ultimate epitome of high quality that many other companies intend to copy.
- The entire product weighs up to 800 pounds, and its steel design makes it a lot more durable and heavy.
- A flat bench and FID is also available with Atlas.
- This machine allows you a new experience that you have never had before. It gives you a lot more workout space and extra features besides the rack.
- It will allow you to perform squats, bench press, shrugs, curls, military press a lot more with a simple yet efficient and solid built design.
- The machine is safe to use with its plate holders that allow greater stability and gives more room for storage.
- With its new look, you can now be assured that this home gym tends to take your workout to a whole new level. You can also purchase a flat bench, incline decline bench, bumper plates, etc. with this machine.
- Atlas also offers weight holders, safety bars, dip, HD J Hooks, safety bars and lat attachments along with this rack to purchase.
Titan T2 Review
Titan has gained its name in the industry of fitness equipment with its high-quality gym exercise machines. Titan would be an excellent addition to your home fitness routine or your gym.
- Titan comes with 2” x 2” steel tubes of T2 series, which weigh 700 pounds and allow you to perform various exercises during your workout routine.
- Titan Power has solid steel J Hooks that are 1” round.
- Titan Fitness prioritizes your comfort and safety while designing the gym equipment. Therefore, this cage is built to help you achieve maximum benefits within affordable range.
- This power cage has a chin up bar as well that is 1.25” in diameter and weighs 107 pounds. The pull-up bar is 80” x 83” and the depth is 48”.
- It is spacious and allows multiple movements, including side to side exercises freely and easily.
- It is a new and enhanced design that has been elegantly modified to make your workout routine a lot more enjoyable and comfortable. You can now perform squats, military press, shrugs, calf exercises, curls, bench press and a lot of other moves more efficiently. It helps you boost your confidence and make the body building regime more powerful.
- With a total of 28 different positions to try, Titan not only creates a more stable and durable environment for your workout session but makes it possible to achieve your targets more quickly.
- The steel body makes it a lot more durable, and there is no danger of accidents or breakage.
Cap Barbell Squat Rack Exercise Stand Review
Are you looking for new equipment to add to your personal home fitness area or your public gym? Amazon has the perfect deals and excellent discount offers on a number of gym exercise machines for you. The Cap Barbell squat rack is one of its kind; elegantly designed while keeping your needs and requirements in mind. It helps in achieving your bodybuilding targets more efficiently with increased benefits and features.
- It is made up of durable steel that allows more stability and increased safety to its user.
- The specifications are 46”D x 50”W x 85”H and have up to 14 steel gauge thicknesses. The upright structure is double-gusseted which makes it stronger and reliable to use for longer periods of time. Your comfort and security while performing movements is their priority. So, Cap Barbell ensures that your workout experience stays enjoyable and memorable.
- You can also purchase the required plates, bars and bands along with it and ensure that your exercise yields the desired results.
- It has an extra 3 step powder coating as a finishing that makes it even more durable.
- It is available at a mega discount offer on Amazon and includes free shipping to your house. The entire equipment and its parts to be assembled are shipped carefully with proper coating and seal.
- The bar holder consists of ABS sleeve that makes the storing and removal of the bar very comfortable.
- You can now do immense weightlifting exercises as well ass curls, squats and dead lifts with this excellent Cap Barbell rack.
Deltech Fitness Power Rack Review
The Deltech Fitness power rack or squat rack gives you everything that you need for an all-around workout. It enables you to perform different kinds of exercises much safely. It is constructed by the use of a heavy gauge material which is designed to last a lifetime.
This equipment is versatile as it can be used to work your shoulders, arms, legs, back by doing several exercises such as squats, bench press, deadlifts pull ups and other large muscle group exercises. It gives you the option of doing various workouts that you want so to be able to diversify your workouts without worrying about equipment.
When you are working out, and the muscles get exhausted, there is a possibility of having muscle failure, which could lead to you being trapped under the bar or you will have to dump them behind you. At times this causes stress and strain on the body which leads to injury.
With this home gym equipment, this is sorted because it has a spotter which allows one to work out safely by setting the safety bars to the appropriate height and this means that you can use heavier weight much safely and for better results.
- It weighs 190 lbs. and has a capacity of 750 lbs.
- Its dimensions are 81" H x 48" W x 54" D on the outside and 77" H x 44" W x 26" D inside.
- It is zinc plated with durable black and white powder coat paint.
- Welded to American Welding Society (AWS) specifications.
- Catches have ½’’ pull pins where the front catches are designed with hooks on the inside and outside of the rack.
- Heavy duty spotters
- Heavy-duty Side Gussets for Added Stability
Customer reviews and conclusion
For people who have used this rack, they have said that it is of high quality when compared with the price it goes for. It is also easy to set up, has a solid steel rod for support, and the sides are welded instead of being bolted for added support.
One con is that you will need to buy the extra equipment such as rods, bench, and weights separately. But this should not stop you from getting the power rack because you can use them separately for other different workouts when you don’t want to use the rack.
Best Power Racks Under $1000
Rating & Reviews
Details & Current Price
82" H x 49" L x 46" W
4 x 82 x 60 inches (W x H x D)
48.9" W x 51.4" D x82.5”H
Body-Solid Pro Power Cage Review
Get the Body Solid Pro from Amazon at an incredible rate for your home exercise room or your gym. It is a traditionally designed power cage that has a wide walk in design. It allows great side to side movements during training and is a lot more spacious that many other workout racks. More space makes it easier to perform multiple routines more efficiently. The exercise routines are made efficient and beneficial with this simple and safe design.
- It has 20 adjustment levels that are situated at a 3” space from each other along with a 41” wide chin bar.
- The lift-offs are heat tempered, and saber styled. That help keeping your workout routine safe and secure yet highly effective for bodybuilding regime.
- The dimensions of the rack are 82” H x 49” L x 46” W and it can bear the maximum weight of 800 pounds.
- The heavy duty structure has 11 gauges that have superb high tensile strength frames that are welded on all 4 sides.
- The power coat has been electrostatically applied to ensure that it doesn’t get chipped off from constant use. The steel frame is also scratch resistant.
- It is a lot stronger and bigger and totally worth the money you spend.
- It is user-friendly, and customers immensely enjoy their workout sessions with Body Solid Pro in their gyms.
Powertec P-PR Power Rack Review
In case you are searching for a "bare-bones" type power rack, than this model from Powertec is for you.
It is a real minimalist product that just come with the standard dip and chin up bars. However, it has such a robust structure that it can be used in a professional fitness center as well.
- It is made from the very best 2” x 2 structural steel that is powder coated for scratch prevention. The bars are also made from sturdy stainless steel protecting you no matter how heavy weight you want to use.
- There are no unnecessary parts, no distractions. Everything is designed to contribute directly to your workouts with everything else left out entirely.
- The real killer feature is the integration of those “fall bars”, a safety mechanism that too terribly many power racks all but ignored.
- You can customize Powertec rack with various accessories to get the custom tailored solution you want. Though, you need to buy them separately.
- Lifetime warranty on frame
I do not think it is a problem but this power rack does not come with extras whatsoever.
BodyCraft F430 Review
To get fit and build strength requires you to have the right equipment that will enable you to work every part of your body to the maximum. This involves lifting weights mostly, and at times it becomes a bit dangerous because it can cause stress and strain to the arm muscles, shoulders and back. It is hard to get a platform that will allow you perform some exercises at once with or without other equipment.
The BodyCraft F430 Power rack is a rack that is built for the people who would wish to push their bodies to the limit. It delivers a powerful workout performance, and it is ideal for lunges, squats, and other exercises. It has adjustable spotter arms and bar catches which makes it safe to do solo workouts and lifting of weights, and the rugged construction makes workouts enjoyable and quick. You can use it together with other equipment for strength training such as a cable crossover attachment, dip handles, low row station and incline/flat/decline bench.
Has a solid design- it is heavily built with a stable shape that gives stability when you one is lifting weights. With this design and stability, the cage allows you to reach the maximum performance. You are also able to lift more weight up to 1200 lbs. in a sufficient space and safely too.
It is safe to use while doing any workout. It has adjustable safety spotters which will help you avoid injury when doing workouts and you can easily adjust them to accommodate a wide variety of weight lifters preferences and sizes.
- Has a capacity of 800 pounds
- 12 gauge, 2x3 steel tubing designed or heavy lifting
- 2 inch spacing between each adjustment point to promote efficient, safe and customizable workouts.
- Chin up bar to be used with bands and other accessories.
- Durable rubber on the bar hooks and safety bars to prevent scratching.
- Triangular Gussets in corners
- At all joints, there are 0.75 inch hardened steel bolts and has an extra wide platform.
- Constructed and engineered for extreme rigidity.
- Its dimensions are 48.9" W x 51.4" D x82.5”H
- Comes with a lifetime warranty which applies not to the normal wear and tear, but any defects in materials and workmanship.
Customer reviews and conclusion
There have been positive reviews from people who have used this rack. It is well built, and the superior parts are heavy duty which means that it was created to last for an extended period. The rack is highly customized to fit into your home as the height fits in most homes and the size is ideal for squatting with deeper front to back and narrow side to side dimension.
The disadvantage is although there is a manual on how to assemble the rack, assembling is a bit complicated. However, you can always ask for assistance from a friend who has this type of rack or ask for professionals to assemble it for you.
Guide for Buyers
When you are working out, it is very vital to maintain safety no matter the type of exercise you are doing. To get the desired results, you also need to vary your workouts, and it requires the use of different kinds of equipment. Most gym equipment can only be used for one or two types of exercises, and this requires you to have various kinds of gym equipment which may be impossible if you have a small gym space.
It has a lot of advantages when it comes to strength training, and it has a lot of uses for gym enthusiasts. It allows a safe and secure place to perform free weight exercises. You can do bench press exercises by putting a bar on the chest of the user, allowing placement of maximum weights on the barbell and removing the possibility of crushing the chest in case of an accident. It is also used for limited range workouts.
It has innumerable benefits when it comes to a proper fitness regime, and some of them are as follows:
Peace of mind
The better your exercise equipment, the more you will feel more confident about your fitness session. Thus, you will be sure that you are doing your best. The choice of a home power cage should be made while keeping in mind your safety, comfort and your ultimate goal to be achieved. The best power cage will help you get nearer to your target with each passing day.
It is necessary for training because it improves your ability to perform within a particular range of motion. It is adjustable according to your safety, and it can be changed to any height to width that you like. They allow for precise training of certain body parts that you intend to work out on.
Variety of exercise
The best benefit of a power rack is its versatile use for fitness enthusiasts. There isn’t an exercise known to us that you cannot do using this equipment. You can lift heavy barbells, perform dips, chin-ups, curls, squats, military press, bench press and a lot more using this one strengthening exercise equipment. It allows you to do upright rows, rack pull, barbell bent over rows, rack lockout, overhead press, close grip bench press, inverted row and barbell curls as well.
If you have extra cash, you can purchase other equipment that will help you with other major additional movements for specific routines such as cable row, triceps pushdowns, cable crunches, straight arm pull down, cable face pull, cable pull through, lat pull down, biceps cable curl, etc.
Watch the video below to see why it is the most impornt equipment for a home gym.
What should you pay attention to when buying a power rack?
Since a rack is not a small piece of home gym equipment, you should check out if you have enough room to use it comfortably and safely. Keep in mind while workout you will move around, so not just the floor space is important to be checked out.
Also, when you do lifting exercises such as military press or pull-ups having enough height for the move is also vital. So check the specifications of the model, and compare it to space you would like to use. The more space you will have, the better.
Also do not forget that you have other equipment in the home gym such as dumbbells, benches, etc. that also need space.
Size of the Product
Most of the models are made for average users. So, if you are taller or shorter than usual, you should focus on the depth, the height and the width of the model. If a squat rack is too short or tall, or to narrow or wide for you, it will be not only uncomfortable to perform the moves correctly, but also dangerous.
Is it easy to adjust?
Most of the cages come with safety pins and pipe safety system, which is not the easiest to use in most of the cases. It needs time to set the height making your workout not so continuous. So, always check out the reviews how this function works for users.
The best fitness power racks come with straps or spotter arms that are more practical and safer. They cost a little bit more but worth the extra cost.
What kind of stabilizer does it have?
In most of the cases, power cages are anchored to the floor. However, some models come with a stabilizer bar that can be found in the backside of the rack at the bottom. This bar is necessary to keep the frame stable, so it must be made from sturdy materials.
Some models come with removable stabilizer bar while others not. In most of the cases, you do not use that area when you work out, so it is not so annoying.
What kind of accessories does it come with?
Cheaper models only come with the essential accessories. While the most expensive ones have almost everything you need. And usually, the difference between the prices are not big. Sooner or later, you will have to buy the required accessories, so it is maybe better to get everything at once even if it costs a little bit more.
Other Equipment You Will Need
Keep in mind that squat racks do not come with a barbell and weight plates. Hence, if you do not have them yet, you will have to buy those things as well. Quality Olympic weight plates and a barbell is not cheap, but you will be able to use them for a lifetime. Also, if you want to use it do bench presses, you need a weight bench as well.
The good news is if you have those things and rack, you will have everything you need to have complete strength training workouts at home.
A squat rack is not a light and small equipment, so most of the cases you have to pay for the shipping. However, on Amazon they give you free shipping in most of the cases.
Can you assemble it?
Well, I'm not a techie guy, but I could put my rack together with ease. All models come with instructions, but you will need tools for sure.
Have you got any questions? Need help? Feel free to ask below in the comment section?
Did you find the best power rack for your home gym? Share this guide with your friends!