We can use free weight to work the lower arm, fingers and wrist or to strengthen the grip. However, there are some useful hand grippers and exercisers you can use as well. These are specially developed equipment that let you have quick yet efficient hand workouts. They come with different resistance level, sizes and forms.
What are the hand grippers benefits?
- Typically they are small equipment so you can use them when and wherever you want.
- They train your fingers, hand grip, and forearm effectively. That leads to better workouts, and you can avoid several injuries.
- We can choose from various resistance levels. There are ones for beginners as well as for advanced users.
- They are affordable.
Comparison & Review of the Best Hand Strengtheners
3 - 8.5 lbs per finger
3 - 9 lbs per finger (various versions available)
60 - 365 lbs (various versions available, also complete set can be purchased)
20 -90 lbs
Can be adjusted in several levels. Maximum is 2000 lbs!
The Most Professional!
Captains of Crush Review
It is a traditional hand exerciser equipment that works. It is even recommended by bodybuilders. Simple, yet efficient, even for those who are on the advanced level.
- We can choose from many sizes from easy ones to brutal hard. There are 11 levels from 60 lbs to 360 lbs.
- Durable structure. The string is made from high-quality steel, and the handle is made from aluminum.
- Made in the USA by IronMind.
- Some users find the handle a bit uncomfortable because it tears in the skin of the hand.
- It is not recommended for beginners since existed strong grip is needed even for the easiest one.
SideWinder Pro XTREME Review
It is surely a unique grip and forearm strengthener having many positive reviews. It works the fingers, grip, hand and forearm muscles with different moves. This wrist roller comes with various versions based on the resistance.
How to use it?
You control the resistance by turning the built-in calibrated tension gauge. When winding the handles, twist them with one hand or both. Alternate hands after each set using both clockwise and counterclockwise motions. All SideWinders twist smoothly and quietly.
- Very solid parts.
- We can adjust the resistance level in many ways.
- It keeps the resistance level no matter how many reps and sets you have done before.
- 2 inch grip size to have more efficient workouts.
- It is pretty heavy, so it works other body parts as well.
- It is a rather pricey product, but there are versions that are more affordable.
- It is big and heavy so it is not portable.
Finger Master Hand Strengthener Review
It comes at an affordable price. Most of the customers talk about that it is a useful tool for fingers, hands, wrists, and forearms training.
If you are used to hand strength training, you may find it a bit easy to use, but for a beginner it is definitely useful.
- It is adjustable. We can set the tension from 3-8.5 pounds. Therefore, it is suitable for beginners.
- Its small size makes it suitable to use anywhere and anytime.
- It is a durable product. The metal parts are made from copper.
- It is covered with soft, comfortable and durable rubber for efficient and comfy usage.
- It comes with five finger pistons which allow us to strengthen fingers separately. With a simple tool, we can lock fingers if we want.
- Ergonomic design.
- Some fitter buyers found it too easy to use compared to other grippers.
- Some find the bottom a part of it a bit uncomfortable.
Gripmaster Hand Exerciser Review
The price is not bad, and buyers enjoy using it, seeing good results. During their workouts, they feel the benefits in their fingers, hand, wrist, and forearm.
There is no question that Gripmaster products are useful equipment. There are various versions based on the amount of tension.
- The compact design lets us use it whenever we want.
- It comes with separate finger buttons so you can use it several ways.
- It comes with several variations. You can choose from easy, medium and advanced versions.
- The resistance can be tweaked from 3 pounds to 9.
- Some users find it a bit uncomfortable to use, especially the fingertips.
- Others with bigger hands found this hand exerciser too small to use efficiently.
Grip Strengthener Review
If you are searching for equipment with medium resistance then, this hand gripper is for you. It has a different shape than the others which is maybe more suitable for most of the people.
- Ergonomically designed and it fits well for all hand sizes.
- The level of the resistance can be adjusted easily.
- We can choose from various levels from 22 pounds to 88 pounds.
- Its design provides a wide range of motion which works and build the muscles more efficiently.
- Foam handles for comfortable usage.
- High quality, long-lasting spring.
- A few users find the handle too short.
Hand Exercise Squeeze Balls
Need something cheap? Then, get a squeeze ball. They are not as efficient as the equipment mentioned before, but they work. I recommend them for women.
- We can choose from various resistance levels from easy to harder.
- Made from durable thermoplastic rubber
- We can choose from various colors.
- We can bring them everywhere.
- The diameter is 2 inches which is optimal for hand training.
- Good for rehabilitation activities.
- Some people find the size too small.
Prices may differ as they are updated once every hour.
How to buy hand grip exercise equipment?
The most important factor you should keep in mind is the level of the resistance. If you have not had hand workouts before, you need to pick one with low resistance maximum 10 pounds. If you have some working out background or if you know that your grip and forearm is already strong you can buy harder ones. If you are used to lower arm and grip training, you can choose the most difficult one to get the results you want.
Learn why these equipment are useful to have hand grip workouts.
And you can learn hand gripper exercises from the following video.
Did you like this hand grippers guide? Share with your friends.