There is no doubt that the push up is one of the most efficient bodyweight exercises that works the entire upper body. While it is mainly done for chest workout, it also trains the shoulders, triceps, back and even the abs. We can say it is an all in one movement.
There are hundreds of variations out there which make this exercise even more efficient, and there are a few excellent push-up equipment as well. With the help of them you can boost your home workouts.
On this page, you will find all kinds of information about these types of tools. You will see it is worth to shop one.
Below I have collected those products that are proven having a lot of positive reviews and at least rated with 4 stars. You can find the comparison of the most popular items here.
- 1 Detailed Reviews
- 2 Buyer’s Guide
Pushup Stand from Rush Sports Review
- Made from high-quality steel for long lasting usage.
- It is high enough to go deep.
- It comes with steady and wide rubber feet to avoid wobbling.
- Comfortable and safe rubber grips.
- Few customers complain about that the footpads sometimes come off.
- Purchase 2 Pushup Stands and Get Free Shipping!!!!!!!
- Very Stable Push Up Bar, No Wobble
Tony Horton’s PowerStands Review
- Ergonomic design to make perfect push ups and to eliminate stress on the wrists.
- Comfortable and safe foam grip.
- Made from heavy duty materials.
- The circular basis are covered with non-slip material for safe usage.
- A few users complain about that they got a plastic version instead of the steel one, but most of the buyers think that the plastic one is as sturdy.
- Others find it a little bit too short.
- Achieve the perfect push-up every time
- Ergonomic, heavy-duty push-up gear made of premium grade, heavy duty ABS plastic
Perfect Pushup Elite Review
There are a few versions that come almost the some features. You can read our detailed review of Perfect Pushup Elite here.
- It can be used up to 400 lbs
- Made from durable materials.
- Invented by the Navy Seals.
- Because of the design and material of the circular basis it works fine on most of the floors and provide smooth moving.
- It comes with a special workout plan that helps to learn a wide range of exercises.
- A few customers complain about the breaking of the handle.
- A few buyers experienced wrist problems.
- Pushup stand designed to rotate slightly, engaging more muscles and increasing strength and definition in arms, shoulders, chest, back and abs
- Ergonomic grips help distribute weight evenly, reducing pressure points and joint strain on wrists and elbows
Power Press Push Up Review
As you probably know by changing the width of your arms, the position of your hands and the posture of your body you can focus on different body parts. This equipment comes with a colored board that allows you target the various muscle groups. You can place the push-up stands into the right position.
- It lets you choose from many positions and angles, hence besides chest muscles you can target your back, shoulders, and triceps better.
- Portable, easy to assemble and store.
- Comfortable, safe and non-slip grips.
- It comes with a training DVD in which you can learn the exercises and find various workout routines.
- A few problems with shipping.
Definity HHP-001 Pair of Push Up Bars Review
A very popular and cheap push up exercise equipment.
- High quality and sturdy chrome holders.
- Rubber footpads for safe usage.
- Unique design to enhance press ups.
- A few buyers complain about shipping problems, missing screws.
Perfect Fitness Rip Deck System Review
With the helps of this equipment to efficient moves are combined. These are the rotating push-up and the chest fly. These two bodyweight exercises stimulate all parts of the chest muscles very effectively. However, you can lock the system in case you want to perform regular press ups.
- With the help of it, you will be able to engage more muscles because of the compound movement.
- Seven locking positions to adjust the range of motion, so it is suitable for beginners as well as advanced users.
- You can do 9 valuable movements to work almost your entire body.
- You can do abdominal training with it as well.
- Invented by the US Navy.
- It comes with workout plans and guide to do the exercises correctly.
- Beginners find it hard to use first.
Maximiza Push-up Bars Review
- Stable and sturdy structure. No wobbling at all.
- Extra comfortable, rather large hand pads suitable for everyone.
- Higher structure allows to go deeper stimulating the muscles better.
- Because of its special design training with it does not hurt your wrists, and there is less stress on joints.
- Portable and light
- Nothing serious.
What sort of push up equipment are there?
The first type is the push-up bar or push up stands. It is a simple, affordable fitness equipment that is sold in pairs. They let you go deeper while you do the moves. They come with non-slip handles and footpads.
Another type is those which come with circle pads that are smooth. This way it is harder to perform the press ups, but it works several other secondary muscles. Furthermore, you can spice up the push up move with other movements.
There is also some special fitness equipment that are designed to increase the efficiency of press ups. You will see a few examples above.
Finally, there are a few tools that are not specially made for enhancing the push-up move but they are beneficial as well. Stability ball that make harder to perform the push up since you have to keep your balance. Power towers that in most of the cases come with a press up and dip station.
Here I only talk about the products that are specially made for press ups.
- With the help of the mentioned equipment, you will be able to go deeper which stimulates the muscles more efficiently. It leads to better muscle and strength development.
- They allow you to perform far more types of exercises to train your chest muscles in different angles. In most of the cases, you can do harder exercises.
- You can use these tools anywhere and anytime. They are small and portable, and they do not need so much space to use.
- You can make a wide range of bodyweight compound exercises that stimulate not only the chest but almost all the other muscle groups. It is a proven fact that compound exercises are the best to burn calories and increase strength.
- Very affordable, most of the items cost only some buck.
What features to look at?
- Only purchase those products that are made from sturdy materials to avoid injuries. It will under your weight.
- Read the reviews if users find it comfortable to use, and it lets to perform the push movement naturally.
- It must have comfortable and non-slip handle.
- Check how much is the maximum weight it can handle. Usually it is about 300 lbs, but keep in mind that you may want to us it with a weight vest.
- Always read the customer reviews and learn its specifications and warranty.
- After checking out some online stores the best place to buy push up equipment is Amazon, the prices are cheaper and you can find huge discounts.
There are maybe more types of equipment out there which help to boost the push-up exercise, but I think these are the best ones. No matter which you are going to buy, it will be a useful part of your home gym.
Did you like this guide to push up equipment? Share with your friends.