Ladies like to focus on their abs, butts and legs, and they usually neglect their shoulders. However, having toned, a bit wider and round shoulders look great if you wear a dress or a top. They make your hips and waist look thinner.
In addition, they are required to make your body more symmetrical, and since your deltoids are used in almost every exercises, it is important to strengthen them.
It is never too late to develop the deltoid muscles. You will find many powerful shoulder workouts for women below that help you to transform your upper body in no time.
What are the best shoulder exercises for women?
Before talking about the most beneficial moves here are some tips to avoid injuries and to get the most from the movements.
- Firstly, and this is crucial, you need to warm up your shoulder muscles before the training. Spend about 5-10 minutes on warming up your entire body and focusing on your deltoid.
- For most of the exercises, you will need to use free weights. There is no need to use heavy weights since you will not be able to perform the motions correctly and do the number of sets and reps. On top of that, using too heavy weights may cause injuries as well. Pick ones that are heavy enough to challenge your muscles.
- To get the most from your workouts, you need to pay attention to performing the exercises correctly. Do the motions slowly focusing on your deltoids. Avoid swinging and twitching while you do weight training.
- Finally, after your training spend some time with stretching.
Now you now what you should focus on during your workout, now let’s see the most beneficial exercises to shape the shoulder muscles.
For most of the exercises, you will need one or a pair of dumbbells that you can buy for some bucks if you have not got yet. This way you will be able to do the workout routines at home without going to the gym.
I think, the best shoulder exercises for women are the following ones:
- Dumbbell shoulder press (can be done in seated or standing positions)
- Side lateral raise.
- Front dumbbell raise.
- Bent-Over Lateral raises with dumbbells (can be done in standing or seated positions or with cable machine.)
- Bodyweight moves: push ups, pull ups and dips.
Since there are great tutorials online, I put together a playlist in which you can learn how to perform these exercises correctly.
Now you know the best moves and how to perform them. The next step is to pick a workout plan. Here are a few good shoulder workout routines for women.
Intermediate Shoulder Routine for Girls
This is an excellent routine with some compound exercises with free weight and bodyweight moves. It is maybe better for those who are familiar with working out.
Shoulders & Arms Routine for Women
It is a combo routine to strengthen and tone your shoulders and arms together presented by Jillian Michaels.
Sexy Shoulder and Back Workout For Women
In this video deltoids and back are trained together.
Won’t I look bulky and muscular if I do shoulder workouts?
That is what my wife asked when I put together her routine. My answer is NO! To have such huge deltoids like the bodybuilders have, a lot of work and proper nutrition is required.
How to get rid of shoulder fat?
To burn fat, you should focus on your nutrition and do cardio training. With a shoulder workout for women, you can make your muscles toned and strong, but they cannot be seen if they are covered with fat.
I do not like lifting weights? Are there any bodyweight moves?
Yes! I have put together a list here.
Get Equipment to Train Your Shoulders at Home
Did you like shoulder workouts for women? Share with your friends!