It is shocking, isn’t it? But several types of research have proved that it is true since lack of sleep leads to several mental and physical disorders.
Most of us know that for health, eating healthily and exercising frequently is important, but we do not pay attention to the amount and quality sleep we have. However, it is as vital as the first two factors.
In our world, in which we work a lot, and there are so many other tempting activities we can do instead of sleeping, sometimes it is hard to get enough rest. But it is a must!
To tell the truth, I did not use to care about having enough of it even after I changed my eating plan and started working out. I felt myself better in my skin, but I was usually tired.
Then, I read an article about how sleep is so important and then I changed my routine in order to have a lengthier bedtime. It was easy. I just got rid if watching TV late at night.
Nowadays, I have at least 8 hours daily.
The results are great, both mentally and physically. I’m more efficient at my work, least stressful and I’m even better at working out since my muscles recover faster and function better.
So, why is it important to get enough sleep? Read on to find the answer.[easy-tweet tweet=”Sleep is that golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.” hashtags=”sleep,health”]
What can sleep deprivation cause?
- There is a long list of negative effects. Here are the most shocking ones that sleep deficiency can cause.
- It makes your skin looks old and unhealthy.
- It causes inflammation in your body.
- One of the main factors of several mental diseases such as depression and being stressful.
- It has a huge impact on your emotions, mood and behavior.
- It increases the risk of diabetes, cancer, stroke and heart diseases.
- It has a negative influence on your brain. It weakens your creativity, efficiency and slows reaction.
- Sleep problems make your immune system and bones weak.
- Lack of sleep causes weight gain by disturbing the amount of various hormones in your body. In addition, if you tired you are more willing to eat something in order to compensate yourself somehow.
And these are just the top of the iceberg. Watch the video to learn more about what sleep disorders can cause.
How much sleep do you need?
Scientists recommend to have at least 7 – 7.5 hours per day, but the best is to have 8-9 hours. That amount is optimal for an adult to have energy for the whole day.
Of course, the amount depends on your lifestyle, age, and your personal needs.
The following infographic shows you how much sleep is required by age. You can also discover that at least third of the USA population do not have enough sleep.
How to Sleep Better
Not only the mount of sleep but quality of it is as crucial. Watch the video for some useful advice.
- Regular exercising helps to fall asleep easier and supports deeper slumber.
- The human being is the only mammal who delays sleep.
- It supports weight loss.
- The human body can never get used to shift work.
- People living alone suffer more from insomnia.
- You feel yourself more tired after lunch because tiredness peaks at 2 am a.m and 2 p.m.
- Because of the color television most of us dream in color.
- One of the main reasons why people do not have enough sleep is the internet that we can access 24-hour.
- We spend 1/3 of our lives with it.
Now you know why sleep is so essential for health and wellness. It is your turn now to change your lifestyle and pay attention to have enough rest.
I wish you long and deep sleeps with beautiful dreams.
Did you like this post? Share with your friends.