If you have are interested in healthy eating you know how beneficial the antioxidants are. Several studies have proved that the antioxidants support the immune system, prevent cancer, slows the aging processes and they have several other beneficial impacts on health. Therefore, it is crucial to consume foods and drinks which contain these components.
The primary sources of antioxidants are mainly vegetables, fruits, and other plants. Hence, you should consume more of these. Unfortunately, most if us do not eat enough of them daily, and that is one of the principal reasons why so many people suffer from various diseases.
Nutritionist recommend eating at least three servings of veggies and fruits every day, but the more you have, the better.
You may think now that is too much and it you are going to get bored with so many plants, but it is easier than you think.
Below I would like to share some tips on how you can get more antioxidants everyday without changing your eating habits drastically and what are antioxidants good for.
What do antioxidants do?
From the following picture you can learn what antioxidants do in your body and why they are so important.
List of Antioxidants
Within the list below you can find information about the benefits of antioxidants and what are the best sources.
Healthy Eating Tips to Consume More Daily
1. Wholesome Breakfast
As you know, breakfast is the most essential meal of the day, but most of us only gulp down a cup of coffee and get toast. However, this is the time of the day when your body needs the most nutritious foods with antioxidants. It is easy to add some goodies to your breakfast even if you have no time. Have an apple, banana, a citrus or any other piece of fruits, and chew it while you run to work.
Don’t like them as they are? Slice them up and mix with some yogurt or put them into the blender and make a delicious smoothie or juice. That does not take some much time.
2. Healthy Snacks
Another important eating habit you should get used to is having a small portion of healthy snack between your primary meals. They help to have enough energy and increase the metabolism that leads to weight loss.
And snacking is an excellent opportunity to take in some antioxidants.
Again, have some fruits or mix them with yogurt. If you prefer to crunch on something have some veggies or nuts.
3. What about dinner and lunch?
For dinner and lunch, I usually have lean meat, seafood, and a salad. Or at least there is some veggies on my plate. The greener my plate, the healthier. You do not always have to make a salad, some pieces of tomatoes, paprika or other greens will do as well.
4. Healthy Desserts
A dessert does not have to be unhealthy with tons of sugar and fat. If I want to eat something sweet, I have some fruits such as berries or even a piece of dark chocolate.
5. Drink Goodies
If your main source of fluid daily is soda, you should get rid of it as soon as possible. There are many beverages that provide almost the same feeling and contain a lot of antioxidants. Have teas, especially black and green tea. Make a smoothie or juice from fresh fruits and veggies. You can even make healthy energy drinks which contain a lot.
6. Don’t Overcook Your Meals
Be careful when you cook your vegetables. If the veggies are overcooked, they lose most of their antioxidant content. Instead of boiling or frying, steam the vegetables.
Overcooked greens look pale, and they are not crunchy.
7. Have Your Garden
If you live in the rural area, make a small garden in which you plant your favorite vegetables. It is fun and a healthy physical activity. Those greens will be more nutritious and healthy than those you can buy from stores. In addition, it is more likely that you will eat more vegetables that are the best sources.
8. Learn How to Cook
Finally, which is maybe the most important factor, is to learn how to prepare your meals. One reason people take in too little antioxidants is that they consume too much processed food. They have little nutritional value and carry a lot of unhealthy ingredients.
If you cook your meals, you can choose what sorts of ingredients you will use and neglect, and how you cook them. As a result, you can prepare a whole food.
+ Natural Antioxidant Supplements
In case you do not have time and energy to follow the tips above, then you may want to use supplements to have the daily doses. There is no question that healthy eating is vital and cannot be replaced by any supplements. Therefore, focus on what you eat but here are the best natural products you may have.
- WHY SUPER ANTIOXIDANTS - Super Antioxidants Health Supplement may support healthy immune system and more energy for daily routine activities to fight against lethargic, tired and fatigue feeling by providing nutritional support with Natural Fruits as Goji Berry, Mangosteen, Pomegranate, Raspberry, Wild Black Cherry, Blueberry, Elderberry and more*
- LOVED BY CUSTOMERS - Improve Quality of Life by Adding healthy foods, daily exercises and the daily required water intake along with Natural & Herbal Super Antioxidants Supplement to support active lifestyle routine, sports activities and overall wellness*
- FORTIFIED WITH ANTIOXIDANTS VITAMIN C AND GREEN TEA: Nutrients that add layer of UV protection, help skin recover after sun exposure and fight and reduce the signs of aging for vibrant, younger-looking skin
- CHEMICAL-FREE: Nanoparticle-free Zinc Oxide provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection without irritating skin or clogging pores
- 300% BETTER ABSORPTION THAN REGULAR CoQ10 - Clinical trials have proven that no other CoQ10 health supplement absorbs better than Qunol. In fact, Qunol Ultra absorbs 3X better than regular* CoQ10.
- #1 CARDIOLOGIST RECOMMENDED FORM OF COQ10* - With superior absorption compared to regular  CoQ10, Qunol 100mg CoQ10 capsules can help you reach optimal levels of Coenzyme Q10 sooner, so you can experience the potential benefits faster.
Now you know what are antioxidants and what they are good for. As you see from the tips above in order to have more antioxidants there is no need to change your eating habits too much, just have more veggies, fruits, healthy drinks and prepare your meals. But you make an enormous step towards a healthier life, and you can avoid several diseases.
Did you find these tips useful? Share with your friends.
Last update on 2017-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API