Most of my friends who start training want to know which are the best beginner ab workouts.
There is no doubt that having a flat stomach or building six pack abs is one of the main aims why people start working out.
The fact is that the abdominal workout you do is not as important as it seems. If you want to get rid of belly fat you need to focus on your diet and do cardio exercises to burn calories. That will make your abs visible.
By eating calorie-rich foods and doing hundred reps of core exercises, it is almost impossible for most of us. In my opinion, the rule is 70% nutrition and 30% working out.
Related: Tips to Lose Belly Fat
Then why we should have strength training
Core workouts will help you to strengthen and tone the muscles of the midsection. That means you transversus and rectus abdominis, internal and external obliques and lower back.
A strong core is crucial for healthy balance and posture. It takes part in almost every move you make. A weak core is one of the main reasons why people suffer from lower back pain and other injuries while working out.
What You Should Pay Attention to
It not hard to find ab workouts for beginners online. But how do you know if they are efficient or not? What should you focus on during the workout? What is a good routine? Follow the rules of the following list.
- A good routine targets all parts of the core muscles.
- You should learn how to perform the various moves correctly to get the best stimulation and avoid injuries.
- Always warm up before your training, especially your back.
- Do not do only crunches. Several studies have proved that crunches are among the least efficient abdominal exercises.
- Do compound exercises such as burpees, planks and mountain climbers. These moves not only make your core firm but also boost your heart rate since almost all the muscles work together. That leads to higher calorie burning.
- Do not stick to one particular program for a long time and try various exercises. After some time, your muscles get used to the same movements, and they will not be stimulated as much.
- Once you get familiar with the beginner abdominal exercises increase the reps and the sets.
- There is no need to train your abs every day as it is suggested by some fitness gurus. The muscles of the midsection needs resting and time to recover as well. 3-5 times a week is enough.
- If you want to build flat stomach you need to train all other muscle groups.
- Discover what works you the best. Try various beginner core exercises for beginners, there are a lot of out there. What works for others, it is not sure it is going to be efficient for you.
- There is no need to go to the gym since there are workouts without equipment you can do at home on the floor. You may need a mat or a stability ball, but that is all. Anyway, there a few abs workout equipment that are really beneficial.
- Your training does not have to be long but intensive. Even a 5-minute abs workout can be enough if it is well-planned.
The Best Beginner Ab Workout Videos
Based on the mentioned rules above I have collected the best beginner ab workout videos in this playlist that I think include the most beneficial ab exercises for beginners.
If those videos were not enough here are some other easy ab workouts that work fast.
What is next
Now you can choose from a many beginner core workouts, but do not forget the key to get flat stomach is eating well and do cardio that support weight loss. I hope you will be able to shape your midsection with the help of these tips.
What are the best lower abdominal exercises for beginners?
Various leg raises on the floor. If you are a total beginner just lift one of your legs, and as you get better lift both. Focus on your abs and do the moves without momentum.
Did you like these easy ab workouts for beginners? Share with your friends.