Last Updated on
Are you searching for training that will help you to burn fat, make you stronger and boost your endurance? Are you fed up with lifting weights or boring cardio? Then, I recommend you to switch to kettlebell training.
What will you learn here?
- Various workout routines with kettlebells.
- What are the benefits of kettlebell training?
- Beginner’s guide on how to start.
- How to choose the right weight
1. 25 Min beginner kettlebell workout for weight Loss
If you are searching for an easy-to-follow routine with not so hard kettlebell exercises for weight loss and with excellent instructions, then just do this. It is not so hard and useful for learning the basics.
Buying guide: Best Adjustable Kettlebells for Small Space
2. Kell’s kettlebell routine for total body toning
This is 30-minute kettlebell training that works your entire body. From this video, you will see why it is such versatile piece of fitness equipment because there are a few not so typical moves.
3. Full body strength training
Only five exercises but those will strengthen your entire body. The last two are excellent moves to improve your core muscles.
4. 30 min kettlebell workout for strength training and fat loss (Hard!)
This list would not be complete without showing you a tough, high-intensity interval workout (HIIT). Within this routine, 25 types of activities are included that should be done for 45 seconds with 15 minutes rest, one after another. As you are a beginner, you can decrease the length of the sessions and increase the time of the rest. For example, 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off. It is an excellent workout to challenge yourself.
5. 8 Minute kettlebell ab workout
And finally, let me show you an ab workout with some abdominal exercises you can do with a kettlebell. This program works your entire abs, oblique, and hips, making them firm and lean.
What are the kettlebell benefits?
- This simple equipment provides tons of possibilities to strengthen your body and to burn calories fast.
- Thanks to its versatility, you can perform total body conditioning as well as ones for a particular muscle group.
- It is suitable for both strength and cardio training, and even better, you can combine the two that lead to incredibly useful activity.
- With the help of it, you can improve your flexibility and functional strength. That means you will perform better not just when you work out but during everyday life.
- Having cardio with it is fun, not like other activities like running or walking on the treadmill.
- Thanks to the nature of the movements you can perform with a kettlebell, you can burn more fat in less time compared to other similar activities. It boosts the heart rate quickly.
About Kettlebell Exercises for Beginners
If you have not done this type of training before, you should spend some time learning how to perform the moves correctly before starting a routine. This is important not only to get the best results but also to avoid injuries. Just look around on the web or Youtube, you will find tutorials for sure. And do not forget to warm up before.
With the help of the kettlebell, you can perform both isolated and total body drills.
Isolated moves are the ones that focus on one particular muscle group. For example, biceps curl or shoulder press with a kettlebell. You may learn these movements easier since they are similar to the ones you can do with a dumbbell.
But, why people love working out with the kettlebell is those total body exercises. These are moves that engage many muscles at once. This way, they enhance the power of the body as a whole. Plus, since many muscles work together, your body needs more energy to burn. Hence they are perfect for burning fat. Some examples are the kettlebell swing, Turkish get up, goblet squat, windmill, kettlebell clean, snatch, etc.
However, full-body exercises are rather complex movements, so you will need some time to learn the correct forms. If you find them hard to perform, if it is possible, you can break up the movements into parts.
If you have no experience with kettlebell training, check out the ultimate basic kettlebell exercises guide here.
What is the optimal beginner kettlebell weight?
It is hard to tell since it depends on your current fitness level. The rule of a thumb is that the weight should not be too heavy nor too light.
If it is too heavy you will not be able to perform the moves correctly, to have the right number of reps, even worse you may suffer from any injury.
On the other hand, if it is too light, it will not provide you enough resistance, so your workout will be not efficient.
So, pick one that makes you tired, and the last 1-2 reps are tough to finish. I mean, if you have to do 15 repetitions for one particular exercise, and the last two reps are easy for you, you picked a too lightweight. But if you cannot lift the weight after 5 reps, you have selected weight that is too heavy for you.
If you are a total beginner, and you just learn the moves, you can use a lighter weight, though.
I hope you like these guide and you will start this type of training. You will see how powerful it is for losing weight, developing your strength and endurance. Also, it is much more exciting than pumping iron or running.
What do you think? What are the best kettlebell exercises for beginners? Share with us below.