Are you searching for a fitness equipment that lets you strengthen your muscles, burn fat, improve your stamina and cardiovascular system and even joy to use? Then, start working out with kettlebells.
It seems to be unbelievable that this simple equipment has so many advantages, but you will see that there are tons of benefits of kettlebell training exercises. It is truly an all in one solution who want to get fit and healthy.
This type of training is perfect for both men and women, any fitness level, and it is even recommended for rehabilitation.
What is a kettlebell?
Before talking more about the kettlebell benefits, let’s see its history. Did you know that this equipment is from Russia and it is one of the earliest workout equipment?
Anyway, they look like a ball with a handle, and they come in various sizes. Adjustable hand weights are also available these days that allow you to change the amount of weight with a pin. Hence, you do not need to buy ones in various sizes. This way you can save money and space.
You can buy kettlebells at best price here in different size and color.
From the infographic below you can learn more about it.
List of Kettlebell Benefits
I found an excellent video in which a professional kettlebell trainer talks all the advantages. But before I would like to share with you why I like.
- The main reason I use it is that it combines strength and cardio training. That leads better endurance and in less amount of time I can get better results. That is why athletes use in various sports for conditioning.
- It is more enjoyable than running or even pumping iron. I was fed up with the same old types of workouts. When I tried a kettlebell workout, I was so surprised how fun it was. The 30 minute flew away quickly.
- To tell the truth, I’m not the biggest fan of cardio, but I can substitute it with this equipment. It is a killer aerobic workout but not as dull. Furthermore, this type of training does not hurt my joints, which I experienced with running.
- It supports weight loss efficiently. Since, most of the kettlebell movements are dynamic compound ones; several muscles work together at the same time. This way I can lose more calories in less time. It is my favorite fat burning method.
- One of the reasons I started using it was that I used to have problems with my posture and lower back. That was because my core muscles were weak. Almost all the usual kettlebell exercises strengthen the abs, oblique, lower back and spine muscles. After one month almost all of these problems disappeared. Besides, kettlebell core exercises have helped me a lot to flatten my stomach and to improve the balance of my body.
- It is very versatile. I use them to strengthen and tone all my muscle groups plus as I said I use them for cardio. That is why I say it is an all in one tool for those who do not want to go the gym. If you do not have much money to spend on exercise equipment, then get one. It does not cost an arm and leg.
- Finally, I love it because it develops functional strength that we need each day and even the flexibility of the body.
These are just a few advantages of kettlebells. Watch the video below for more details.
Best kettlebell exercises
Now you know the benefits, so it is time to learn which are the most important exercises. Most of the people think it is only good for swinging and that it only works shoulders. Far from it!
From the flowing video, you can learn the best basic moves.
Now you know the basic movements, so the next step is to create a workout routine from them. Here is a great example from Kelly. It is about 30 minutes so get prepared that you are going to sweat like a pig. You can find a lot of other programs online.
What size kettlebell for beginners?
Kettlebell weight selection is critical if you want to have a safe and powerful workout. So, pay attention to the tips within the following video.
As you see, there are tons of benefits of kettlebell training for weight loss and strength development. If you want to try something different or your are fed with your cardio, barbell or dumbbell workouts, then it is time to catch kettlebells. Snatch the secret training weapon of the Russians to get in shape faster than you think.
Did you find it useful? Share with your friends!