Last Updated on
Kettlebell training is among the most effective and versatile workout types to exercise at home. It’s good for both cardio and strength training. The only problem is that we need multiple pieces of kettlebells for different exercises. So, we need some space for storage.
Adjustable kettlebells are the solution for people having only a little space at home. The adjustable kettlebells substitute many pieces of kettlebells. We can switch between the different weights quickly, and they require only a minimal place to store.
Within the guide, you will learn about the following:
- We review the best adjustable kettlebells available on the market today with different resistance.
- Give you buying tips on what to look for when purchasing adjustable kettlebells.
- Answer the frequently asked questions.
- Workout advice on how to get the maximum from the kettlebell workout.
Top Adjustable Kettlebell reviews
1. Rogue kettle gryp
A kettlebell grip is a tool that we can attach to the handle of a dumbbell. This way, we can use them as kettlebells. The Rogue Gryp can be used up to 55 lb dumbbells, so it’s suitable for even advanced athletes.
It’s made of durable plastic. It grips the handle securely, and it’s easy to use. Also, it’s lightweight and portable. It’s compatible with standard dumbbells that have at least 4.5″ bar length and minimum 1.5″ thickness. Typically, the handle length is 6″, so adaptability isn’t a problem.
The downside is that standard kettlebells are weighted at the handles as well. So, the symmetry isn’t the same, so it takes time to get used to it.
- A cheap solution to use dumbbells as kettlebells.
- It can be used up to 55 lbs.
- Hold the dumbbells safely.
- A reliable brand makes it.
- Because of the lightness of the handle, the balance is different from the standard kettlebells.
Who is it for?
Somebody who already has a set of dumbbells and wants to save money on weights. Also, the kettle gryp is a good option if someone has a little space at the home gym.
2. Powerblock Adjustable Kettlebell
The Powerblock kettlebell is designed to provide the same feeling as a real solid iron kettlebell. The handles and bell have almost the same appearance, which leads to the right balance.
The different weights are inside the shell and can be selected with the help of a selection pin. Just pull out and push it back to get the required load. The magnetic lock makes the usage safe. The unnecessary weights are unattached and left on the floor.
We can choose from 4 weights: 18, 22, 26, and 35 lbs. Hence, it suitable for somebody with different levels of fitness.
The downside is the price since it costs far more than buying individual kettlebells, but the quality and workout experience is perfect.
- Excellent balance and provides the same feeling of regular kettlebells.
- Adjust the weight quickly with a pin.
- Durable construction.
- Magnetic lock for safety.
- Weight range: 18-35 lb
Is it for you?
The Powerblock adjustable kettlebell is well-built, easy to use, and safe home gym equipment that works perfectly. It’s pricey, but we get a quality product that lasts forever and makes the at-home workout routine convenient.
Kettlebell King website is the best source online to learn everything about the kettlebell workout. They know this topic inside out. The product they developed is based on long years of experience and knowledge.
Their adjustable kettlebell substitutes seven pieces of items. The available weight settings are the following: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, or 40 pounds. The 5-pound increment is comfortable. We can adjust the weight range with a dial at the top.
The kettlebell looks the same as a regular item with the same type of handle.
- Kettlebell professionals make it.
- Weight options from 5-40 lbs.
- The same as a usual kettlebell with the same shape.
- Easy adjustment.
- Lifetime warranty.
- The plates aren’t signed.
Kettlebell King has put together excellent workout equipment, that provides excellent workout experience. If you need a professional unit, get this model.
4. Rep Fitness Adjustable Kettlebell
The Rep kettlebells come with a sort of dialing weight change. We need to push the dial at the top and turn it to the required load. The unnecessary weights inside the shell are left on the floor.
Rep Fitness sells the kettlebells in three sizes: 17.6 lb to 35.2 lb (8-16 kg), 35.2 lb to 53 lb (16-24 kg), 20 to 40 lbs (9-18 kg). Dialing with pounds and kilogram options are available. Each kettlebell comes with 5 different settings.
The shape of the kettlebells is very similar to the standard ones, so the balance is good. The powder-coated finish gives a secure grip. But, the handles are quite narrow, so guys with big hands may don’t have enough room inside.
For safe and quiet use, the weights inside the shell are secured with special nylon fasteners made of thermoplastic materials.
- Simple weight change with a dial.
- Quite and safe usage, no rattling.
- Bells are available in 3 weight ranges.
- Good balance.
- Secure grip
- The handles are quite narrow.
- The heavy items are expensive.
The Rep Fitness kettlebells are durable, easy to use, and quality pieces that are the perfect purchase from beginners to advanced professionals.
5. Bowflex Selecttech Adjustable Kettlebell
Bowflex Selecttech adjustable dumbbells are among the most popular compact weight sets for a home for their quality and easy usage. The same is true for this adjustable weight.
It comes with many 6 weight settings: 8, 12, 20, 25, 35, and 40 lbs. That is useful since we can gradually increase the resistance. However, the maximum 40 lb weight makes it a limited item for pro athletes.
The handle is wide and gives a secure grip thanks to the ergonomic design. We can change resistance with the help of a dial, and the unnecessary cast iron weight plates inside are left on the floor. The bell is quite big, but it has a flat bottom, so it’s stable.
The Bowflex adjustable kettlebell also put together a workout guide for beginners from which they can learn 24 kettlebell exercises.
- Six resistance settings to choose from (weight adjustments 8-40 lb)
- Easy adjustment by turning the dial.
- Access to kettlebell exercise tutorials.
- The handle is wide enough for two hands.
- It substitutes 6 kettlebells.
- Large bell.
The Bowflex adjustable kettlebell with its multiple weight settings, extended handles, and comfortable use is a perfect choice for home kettlebell training. Bowflex is also a famous manufacturer giving excellent support to customers.
6. Apex Adjustable Heavy-Duty Kettlebell Set
The Apex bell doesn’t come with a particular system to change the weights. The standard cast iron weight plates with 1″ hole can be attached to the handle with a locking pin that we need to turn in. The handle is 15 lbs.
This adjustable kettlebell doesn’t come with its plates. We should use the ones at home. It’s recommended to use 5 or 2.5 lb usual plates. In case we want to create a lighter kettlebell, spacers available to stack it full for tightness. If we load it with 5 lb plates, the maximum resistance we can get is 50 lbs.
The handle is broad, so it’s suitable for exercises that require two hands.
- It works well with standard 1-inch hole weight plates (2.5, 5, 10 lbs)
- 50 lb maximum resistance
- Solid construction.
- Extended handle.
- Cast iron weight plates aren’t included, just spacer disks.
- Bulkier shape than a standard kettlebell.
If you already have standard plates at home, you can get a strength training equipment that substitutes many pieces of kettlebells. Save money and workout space.
7. NewMe Fitness Adjustable Kettlebell Handle
The Newme kettlebell handle is the best answer for home gym owners who already have standard weight plates with 1″ holes. Considering the size of the plates, it works well with 2.5, 5-pound weights, but 10-pound ones may fit as well.
It has a large handle with plenty of space inside, so suitable for double-handed kettlebell exercises. The number of plates that the bar can hold depends on the thickness of the weights. The handle holds 6.25″ total. The weight capacity is 660 lbs, so safety and durability isn’t a question.
The plates are tightened together with two nuts, but the lower one should be checked out carefully before usage because little unscrewing is experienced during usage.
- High weight capacity.
- Compatible with standard plates.
- Large handle.
- The handle is big for shorter people.
- Weight plates aren’t included.
If you are looking for a cheap adjustable kettlebell at home and you already have standard plates, then look no further. This item is excellent for both beginners and heavy lifters. No unique adjustment mechanism, but it works well.
8. Brute Force Kettlebell Sandbag
This unique exercise equipment lets us combine kettlebell and sandbag training. Both of them are excellent techniques to develop functional strength.
The bag is made of durable fabric and handles. It can be filled up to 45 pounds with sand. It has double-wall protection to avoid spiling. But to improve adjustability, it’s better to make small sandbags to change the resistance quickly.
- Cheaper than mechanic adjustable dumbbells.
- Combination of sandbag/kettlebell training.
- High-end durable materials.
- Versatile since we use sand as load.
- The handle isn’t the same as kettlebells have.
- Small sand bags inside are required for quick adjustability.
Is it for you?
If you don’t want to stick to the feeling kettlebells, but need a versatile strength training equipment this sandbag is worth to buy.
9. Kamagon Water Filled Adjustable Weight Kettlebell
This product comes in two sizes with 9 and 14 inches diameter, so they are quite large. With the help of the level signed on the sides, we just need to full the ball up, and it’s ready to use. Since the water inside moves during the exercises, it gives an even more instability for the kettlebell, engaging the muscles even better.
The water-filled kettlebell also has two wide handles, which makes it even versatile. Since it’s made of softer materials, it doesn’t hurt the skin or damages the floor when we drop it. Various colors are available.
- Comfortable usage.
- The 9-inch version can be set from 2-13 pounds, the 14-inch version from 1-14 lbs.
- Replace many pieces of kettlebells.
- It’s easy to fill.
- To change weight, we need to add or remove water.
This water kettlebell is good fitness equipment if we workout with the same weight since changing the amount of water is complicated.
What to look for when buying an adjustable kettlebell?
The features of the handle
If you are taller than average and with that, you have larger hands, you should get a kettlebell with a wide handle. The same is true if you want to do exercises that require two hands, such as kettlebell swings. The handle should also feature a secure grip and comfort.
Generally, adjustable kettlebells are larger than traditional pieces. That is particularly true for Bowflex and water/sand filled kettlebells. The bulky design disturbs someone, for example, when pressing exercises are done. If the size matters for you, you’d better get a traditional kettlebell set.
Typically, an adjustable kettlebell with a dial or pin has a 5-55 weight range, which is enough for average level users. But, professionals need a much higher load for their training. For them, plate loaded kettlebell handles are much better options since they have a much higher weight limit.
The other feature is weight increments, which are usually 5 lbs. That amount is acceptable and safe when we want to increase the resistance for a given exercise.
Generally, there are three types of adjustable kettlebells:
- Ones with weight changing mechanism (dial or pin). We can quickly adjust the resistance. The unnecessary plates are left on the floor. The maximum weight they give is about 50 lbs. These are the most expensive.
- Kettlebell handles that can be used with standard weight plates. We need to replace the plates manually. They have a higher weight limit, even over 100 pounds. They are cheap but require standard plates to have. Also, they are the right choice if you are on a budget.
- Water or sand-filled. Cheap items but gives the least kettlebell feeling. Increasing or decreasing resistance is complicated.
The brand isn’t everything, but typically well-known companies provide a more extended warranty and better support for their products. Bowflex, Rep Fitness, Rogue, and Kettlebell Kings are manufacturers that sell the best adjustable kettlebells.
Adjustable kettlebell vs. standard
The biggest problem with standard kettlebells is that we need more than one piece for a home workout. That means they need space to store 5-8 pieces. Plus, buying each individually is quite costly.
With an adjustable kettlebell, we can replace multiply pieces, which means we can save money and space. A quality bell functions almost the same as a standard one, plus we can quickly modify the resistance, although they are usually bulkier and have weight limits.
In my opinion, someone who is mad with kettlebell training should by a kettlebell set with individual pieces because he won’t regret it. Otherwise, adjustable bells will do for most of the people who want to workout at home.
How to use adjustable kettlebells?
After setting the required load, the usage is the same as standard ones. Check out the video below how comfortable it is to work out with. Learn more about the kettlebell benefits.
In this article, I tried to show you various items, and I hope you found the best adjustable kettlebell for you. If you have no space at your home gym and want to save money, you won’t regret your purchase. Kettlebell training is effective conditioning to build functional strength.
If you have any questions related to adjustable kettlebells, feel free to ask below.