Getting fit and healthy is the new trend in the market, and everyone is running towards it. Starting from gyms, workout and yoga sessions to healthy meals and fitness challenges, everyone is into one thing or another.
There is a mass which prefers working out at their own home gym at their own convenient time and without getting into the hustle of traveling. This led to many machines which are easy, flexible and are a great source of workout at home. These tools don't need any trainer supervision and let the user work out on them anytime easily.
One of these many famous and trending tools are cable crossover machines for home. If you have friends or relatives who are fitness freaks or pursuing weight-loss these days, you’ll find this exercise equipment at their place for sure. For those who love machines to help to strengthen, a home cable crossover machine is a hell of awesomeness.
- 1 Top Rated Home Cable Crossover Machines in Town
- 1.1 PowerLine Cable Crossover PCCO90X Review
- 1.2 Body-Solid Functional Cable Cross Training Center Review
- 1.3 XMark Functional Trainer Cable Machine with Dual 200 lb Weight Stacks XM-7626 Review
- 1.4 FreeMotion Light Commercial EXT Dual Cable Cross Review
- 1.5 Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage with Linear Bearings Review
- 2 FAQ
Top Rated Home Cable Crossover Machines in Town
They are a one-time investment to your home gym but can be an expensive one. Though the benefits of this equipment are worth the expense. You should still do your research on which one will be best for you and which one you should buy.
If you’re making a good investment, at least buy something which has the best parts, and you don’t have to go around finding the broken parts of the machine in some months. We have compared five best machines from trusted manufacturers you should consider to give to your gym.
|Model||Features||Reviews||Price / Details|
BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
BODY-SOLID CABLE CROSS TRAINING CENTER
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
XMARK FUNCTIONAL TRAINER
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
FREEMOTION COMMERCIAL DUAL CABLE CROSS
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
MARCY DIAMOND ELITE
|CHECK ON AMAZON|
PowerLine Cable Crossover PCCO90X Review
Powerline helps you to achieve a body of total performer with its amazing features including pulleys with large diameters, adjustable handles for height which can be useful for those who have tall heights, option to use your own plates which is something everyone prefers the most and a size which is appropriate for typical room. This machine allows the users to perform as many exercises they want with the variability it offers.
- The machine is 88” tall with a width of 166” and a length of 39” which makes it best size for every room.
- The user is provided with two chrome cable handles excluding the weights which should be added according to the users’ choice.
- It also has a movement degrees of 180 which is an addition to the many features and allows the high and low pulley exercises.
- This cheap cable crossover machine has dual grips which are locked-down and has a large width spacing. This allows the user to do all the exercises involving extraction and contraction.
- Powerline provides an instruction manual which are so easy to understand, and the machine can easily settle up without help from many people.
Body-Solid Functional Cable Cross Training Center Review
Body Solid is a little more expensive than the other home cable machines here but adds to the features with that expense. The size of this machine is smaller than the other crossovers while this one has weight stacks included of about 160 lb. which is the usual stack used by people. The crossover does let you change the weight stack as you wish for.
- The best thing about the machine is its pulley system which moves 180 degrees with a bigger ratio on it. This feature allows the user to go further more with the plates. The resistance of the pulley moving is minimum, and this makes the machine incredible as the exercises go with a perfect flow.
- The chart provided with the machine helps you understand clearly on what is this equipment able to do.
- The handles of the machine have a good grip and are comfortable too. The nylon strips on the outer grip make exercising and holding easy yet strong.
- The load you want to put on the machine, and yourself does vary too, and you can work on with about 210lbs per side which are more than enough for athletes too.
- The cost of the machine is quite reasonable depending on the features which are provided.
- The design of the device is sleek too as it’s not very big like the other models available and doesn’t ruin the look of your home gym too.
- It comes with a pull up bar that is essential to make the most efficient bodyweight back exercises such as the pull up and chin up.
- Measurements: L 72.5" (1843mm) X D 42.3" (1074mm) X 83.8" (2128mm)
XMark Functional Trainer Cable Machine with Dual 200 lb Weight Stacks XM-7626 Review
XMark Functional Trainer is one of its kind highly adjustable cable crossover machine which is different from the other ones as it has additional features which the typical crossover machines exclude.
- Just like the other crossovers, XMark also has a flexible pulley system, but this one has 19 adjustable settings which make it more flexible, resistant and adds more to the exercising routine. The user can fit the size of the pulley according to their preferences and size.
- Moreover, this cable includes 2 hand straps and 2 long strap handles too which makes it similar to the other gym exercising machines.
- The machine also has a triceps rope, short and long bars which make these easy to handle and operate with different forms. For the legs, the machine has proper leg extension and leg curl.
- All the cable crossover machines let the user play with different angles and exercising methods, but this particular crossover gives proper straps, ropes and handles for various exercising method making it even easier for the user. The long handles, long bars, and straps are a great addition to the upper body while the leg extensions are a great addition to the lower body parts.
- There are 200lb weight stacks available which mean around 100lbs of resistance per side which is quite good for an average person. In case, you want to have more weight; the machine allows you to change that.
- The equipment is kind of heavy and therefore, you should get hold of the individual pieces first in moving and then set up the whole thing where you want it to be. The body is made of steel mainframe heavy duty construction. The scratch resistant coat lets it work around for a larger time than the standard models.
- Hands down the XM-7626 is the most versatile piece of equipment for your family's home gym. Easily adjusts for anyone in your household, whether young or old, short or tall.
- Your training possibilities are unlimited with the dual 200 lb. weight stacks, quick adjust pulleys with 19 settings spaced at 3.5" each and easily interchangeable accessories.
FreeMotion Light Commercial EXT Dual Cable Cross Review
The FreeMotion EXT Dual is an entirely different type of cable workout machine than the ones we were discussing. This is a nice and small piece which is extraordinarily good when it comes to the strengthening of the body. This equipment is made keeping in mind the functions of the cable crossover and lets the user take advantage of the premium features easily while also working out on all the different body parts. The equipment is safe and easy to use.
- This commercial cable crossover machine has a pulley system which is swivel making it less resistant than the other crossovers. The swivel design also allows the users to move around practically with the machine in different motion directions and still get no resistance. The adjustable arms in the Dual Cable Cross rotates to around 12in vertically and 9in horizontally which again helps in the movement of the body.
- This machine not only focuses on different muscles but different body type sections needed to be an expert in various sports.
- The machine also has an ankle cuff which is padded inside the product. This makes the exercising safe and comfortable for the user.
- One important feature of this cable cross is its multi-functionality. Unlike other models, in this one, two people can work out on the same machine at one given a point of time. The weight stacks are placed in such a way that it lets more than one person to workout.
- This machine is easy, fun and has complete precision on the exercises you can do one with this one. The features and design are outstanding, and I can easily workout on this one for an hour and never feel the need to leave. The machine is made professionally by a good name in the equipment industry.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART STRENGTH TRAINING EQUIPMENT- Step up your fitness routine with the FreeMotion EXT Dual Cable Crossover constructed out of sturdy 7 and 11 gauge steel tubing for outstanding durability and can support up to 350 lbs. Plus, it is electrostatically powder-coated for added resilience. Dual Cable Cross Dimensions: 60 L x 113 W x 84 H inches / Weight: 925 pounds.
- VERSATILE AND DURABLE DESIGN - Its durable and versatile features can withstand frequent heavy use to ensure optimum exercise. This well-designed system is ideal for a full-body exercise that improves strength, tone, and stamina. Each arm rotates vertically in 12-Inch setting and horizontally in 9-Inch setting to accommodate nearly any movement pattern. Arms are counterbalanced for easier positioning.
Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage with Linear Bearings Review
Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage is a blast of features for those who love workouts and strengthening their core. The machine is one stop for all the exercises combined and is made after keeping in mind the routine you go through and which things would you need during your workouts.
- The features of this equipment included linear bearings including the ultra-glide and the press bar. The machine also has a dual function leg developer available for the ease.
- The pulley system of this machine is the low side which is a perfect one when workouts for foot and row exercises. Keeping in mind the movement needs, its pulley systems are operated with different motion system which helps to keep the resistance low and exercise precise.
- This smith machine with weight pulley system is better than a traditional one because it lets you sit on or move according to the need of the exercise you’re performing.
- Moreover, the multi-functional bench provided gives you support to perform the other functions smoothly and with a focus on the muscles only. The total leg developer and bicep preacher curl give you a great boost to work on both your legs and hands at the same time.
- The weights included in this equipment is much more than those provided by the other players. It provides with 600lb of weights in total which can vary according to you.
- Along with the cable pulley machine, included is the Olympic weight plate pegs which are a great addition for an athlete or a gym-freak.
Above mentioned five products provides you with a single piece of equipment with exercise goals of the whole body. If you’re planning to get your exercising goals high and get ready for your summer body soon, get ahead with deciding on which product would you prefer more out of these and why would you buy it. All these five products have their own features and focus on different functionalities, and you got to decide on which feature suits you the best.
Why have one at your home gym? What muscles are worked?
Why is it so important to add the cable crossover machine in your daily exercise routine? Here are some of the reasons worth considering.
- This machine is equipment which lets your workout from different angles using all the muscles of the body. With you want to work on legs, arms, knees or center muscles, all this can be done by exercising on one strength training equipment.
- It lets your workout on one side of the body at one time which strengthens the focus on both the sides without getting too tired with the exercises.
- It lets you work on all the muscles of the body without wasting time on different machines and equipment.
- They let you put more pressure on your core when you exercise and lets you strengthen the body and muscles better than other machines.
If you are tired of exercising since ages on your old treadmill and cycles, this fitness equipment will be a good addition to old treadmill and cycles. It will be an excellent addition to your room to shape your muscles and for bodybuilding.
List Exercises You Can Do With Cable Machines?
This big machine confuses many about what can be done with it.
- They can be used for shoulders and triceps while working as alternating cable shoulder press where you use force to move the hands upward with the cable.
- You can use this for lower back and middle trap by doing bent over low-pulley side lateral where you use pull forces.
- You can also use cable chest press which is an exercise done for chest, shoulders and triceps.
- Moreover, this machine can also be used for lower body exercises for knees, legs, abdominals, and other body parts.
There are many video guides available on the internet to understand how to use and the exercises you can do with this equipment. A range of options for exercising is available which can be used differently depending on your workout plan.
No serious maintenance is required, just don't forget to use lubricant on the cables and attachments depending on the how often you use it.
I cheaper and more compact alternative is the lat pulldown machine, but it provides a far fewer opportunities to work out.
Did you find this buyer's guide to cable crossover machines useful? Share with your friends!
Last update on 2017-09-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API