A dip station is a fixed frame with two bars that help people perform multiple exercises targeting various muscle groups and joint movements. It is used to do core body training, and work on upper-body muscle groups such as triceps, back, abs and chest.
The exercises done on the dip bars are called dips, and they are powerful and isolated moves where you use your bodyweight as resistance.
You don't need to do dips in the gym, but they can also be done at home as well. Here I will give you a quick overview of the best dip stations for home, and you will also find other useful information.
Top Dip Stations for Sale
1. Ultimate Body Press Dip Stand
It has a sturdy frame that provides stability and rigidity. Hence, it can handle up to 350lbs. It is made of a thick tubular 1.5-inch heavy gauge steel tubing and the frame and angled handles are best for working out the triceps and chest.
The design provides good performance for various exercises, including triceps dips, knee rides, L-sits and inverted pull ups.You can do assisted dips and include a dip belt for even more resistance
- Unique patented design with a coded color assembly.
- Stable and light hence can be moved around the home.
- Foldable hence you can carry it with you wherever you want.
- Angled grip which puts less strain on your joints.
- Easy to assemble as you don’t need any tools
- It is not good for tall people, i.e. above 6.5 feet tall.
People who have bought this dip stand love it because it is easy to assemble, portable, and you can perform various activities with it. The cost is worth this equipment, and it can be used at home. Hence, no need for gym membership.
2. Fuel Pureformance Dip Station with Rings
This deluxe made from thick steel with solid bolts and has a powder coating finish with blue and gray coloring making the equipment long lasting and durable. The sturdy frame can hold up to 300 pounds while remaining solid when in use.
It is designed to add versatility to your workouts. The angled grip design enables one to perform chest and triceps exercises efficiently. It also has two Olympic rings which are suspended from the handles. They help in performing suspended chest flies and movements that challenge the triceps.
- Easy to assemble
- Olympic rings which are removable
- Light enough with a sturdy design
- Angled grip bars to allow you perform a number of activities.
- People who are tall, i.e. above 6 feet may find it shorter for them to use.
- Not best for doing vertical knee raise
Most clients like this machine due to the availability of the rings as it offers significant benefits to their workouts. The price is worth the outstanding equipment which is made to last for a long time. Fuel Purformance an alternative equipment to be used at home, especially if you don’t want to go to the gym.
3. Yaheetech Heavy Duty Dip Stand
It is well built with a sturdy frame that holds up to 500 lbs. It is made of 2’’ by 2’’ steel, and good for tall people. Hence, it allows them to do alternative exercises why they can’t do with another dip bar. The dip stand has extra support under the arms, hence offers a rock solid feeling as you work out.
It has an angled design that is meant for all users, and they can perform any type of exercise targeting the shoulders, triceps, and delts without the need of adding weights.
- A sturdy frame
- Best for tall and bigger people as it has a larger size wit the bars wide apart.
- Has thick angled bars and oversized knurled grip for a comfortable hold and reduces slipping.
- Requires a lot of time to set up
- Short and lean people will have a difficult time making some moves due to the wide gap between the bars.
Most buyers say it is suitable home gym equipment and it was worth the purchase.
4. The Original Lebert Fitness Equalizer
It has two parallel bars which weigh 8 pounds and can support up to 400lbs bodyweight. It is possible to do more repetitions with high intensity without having to adjust the bars. They also help in doing self-spotting exercises where the user uses his legs to perform various training.
This is multipurpose fitness equipment that comes with a workout DVD, Lebert Equalizer Bars, and a Laminated Poster. The DVD helps you perform a lot of exercises that work on the core, arms, chest and back muscles and you use your own bodyweight as resistance. You can perform stretches, L-sits, pull ups and pushups too.
- Comes in four awesome colors i.e. black, yellow, green and purple, which give it a unique appearance.
- Can be stored anywhere because it doesn’t have a fixed frame and easy to stack.
- Light in weight hence can be carried anywhere.
- Suitable for all ages and levels.
- More versatile and easy to assemble
- Not suitable for tall people, i.e. over 6 feet.
Customers say that this is simple multipurpose equipment that is best for strength training and the DVD is also helpful to most people when doing their workouts.
5. Stamina Outdoor Fitness Multi-Use Station
In case you prefer working out outdoor, then you need equipment that is protected from the sun and the dust. This Stamina product is made with that in mind.
This stand is a versatile piece of equipment since you can do not only dips, but also traditional and incline push-ups, inverted rows, and knee raises.
What to Look for when buying
If you are considering buying a dip station for your home, it is important to check out for the following:
- Check on the overall load rating and make sure it can support your weight. A good dip station should have a high loading weight so as to be able to support the heaviest user and also if you are going to be adding weights in your workouts.
- It should have a solid support base to keep it steady and reduce toppling over as you do the dips. The base should be wider rather than narrow, and some will have stabilizers installed to allow it to remain stable on any surface. Instability will lead to injury.
- The frame should be made of heavy duty steel with a heavier gauge to ensure durability. The metal surfaces should have a corrosion resistant coating to prevent bars from rusting and make sure it lasts for a long time. Some bars have paddings but if the bars don’t have an adding buy weightlifting gloves to avoid blisters.
- Look for a dip station that will allow you to add extra equipment such as resistance bands, weighted belts to be able to perform different exercises and get the maximum benefits of strength training.
- It should be light in weight, which means that it is portable. Hence being able to take it wherever you want. You should also be able to store it easily after your workout. Some stations can be folded while others have to stack up for storage so choose whichever is suitable for you.
If you want to do more than dips power tower with dip station and pull up bar is maybe a better option for you. Although, it needs more space and a bit more pricey.
Dip Bar Exercises & Benefits
Dips have a lot of benefits if they are done in the right way. Some of the benefits of having a dip station at home include:
When doing dips, you are targeting the upper-body muscle groups, especially the triceps which helps in extending the elbow joint and when you push out, you work on the anterior delts and upper chest.
Other muscles worked on are the latissimus, levator scapulae and rhomboids which regulate the movement of the scapula. Working these muscles continuously results to firmer and stronger muscles hence building strength.
Perform compound exercises to engage a lot of muscles
With dip bars, you can do compound exercises that require movement of many muscles and these results to the development of multiple muscle groups. The muscles engaged are the chest, shoulders, and forearms and this starts from the time you lower your body and then raise it up as this provides excellent resistance against the gravitational pull your body experiences. Compound exercises are beneficial for strengthening and toning muscles.
Best for developing the V-shape
If you desire the V-shape on your back, then dip bars is the best equipment to work on. When doing dips, you are building the upper body physique and frame and also encourages the pectoral muscles to stretch themselves while lowering yourself.
You can move it around
A dip station is portable hence can be moved around quickly whenever you want to work out. There is no need of moving your furniture or a lot of space because a dip bar uses a small space and can easily fit in the corner the room after use.
A dip stand is cheap to buy, and a small piece of equipment that doesn’t require much work to assemble. Cost-effectiveness is also felt because you don’t need to pay gym membership which is usually a lot of money and you can perform the same exercises at home.
Dip stations can be used to do various exercises such as:
- Dips which emphasize on the triceps and chest muscles.
- Leg raises which focus on the legs and abdominal muscles.
- Modified pushups which focus on the triceps, chest and shoulder muscles.
- Modified pull-ups which target the lower back lat muscles, shoulder and biceps muscles.
Did you like this guide to dip stations? Share with your friends.
Last update on 2017-08-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API