Has it ever happened to you that you decided to work out to get in better shape, signed into the nearest gym, went training for a month and then gave the whole thing up because of having no time and energy to go there? Or because of being stuffed big huge guys or being expensive?
Here is the solution!
Wouldn’t it be better to train at home without disturbing things? At you own pace, listening to your favorite music and working out whenever you want.
A home gym machine lets you focus on nothing else just on your workout. With the help of it, you can strengthen and tone all your muscle groups at home. No traveling, no uncomfortable situations.
- You can choose from numerous exercises to build muscle in different ways (some of them support over 50 activities and even come with cardio functions). And all you need is just a small place at home.
- You can increase and decrease the resistance easily. No matter if you are a beginner, someone who is familiar with strength training or a senior, you can set it to your level.
- The best all in one home gyms comes with a lot of functions to train all your muscles groups arm, chest, back, legs, etc.
There is no question that a compact home gym is among the best home exercise equipment if you want to get in shape and be strong without going to a gym. Also, they are suitable for any fitness level and they can provide a workout possibility for anyone in your family.
Below you can see the best gym machines for home on the market that are loved by users. Most of the products here are on top of the list for many months, so you must be sure that you buy a beneficial and high-quality model for the price. What is even better a few of them are always on sale (so don’t miss this great opportunity to save money.)
- 1 Best Rated Home Gym Machines According to Amazon Customer Reviews
- 1.1 1. Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S – Most Versatile Stack Machine
- 1.2 2. Marcy MWM-990 – Best home gym equipment on a budget
- 1.3 3. Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine – Best complete home gym to Lift Weights & Build Muscle
- 1.4 4. Bowflex PR1000 – Best Home Exercise Machine for Beginners/Seniors & Women
- 1.5 5. Bowflex Blaze – The Best Buy Bowflex Gym
- 1.6 6. Bodycraft Galena Pro Home Gym – Space Saving Design/Great Workout Experience
- 1.7 7. Powerline BSG10X – Easy-Assembly
- 2 FAQ
Best Rated Home Gym Machines According to Amazon Customer Reviews
1. Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S – Most Versatile Stack Machine
EXM2500S is a decent and versatile multi-station gym that provides a full body workout. The resistance is generated by the 210-pound steel weight stack which is enough for most of the people who want to work out at home.
Body-Solid has an excellent reputation for making high-quality strength training equipment. This machine is a heavy duty construction and comes with a lifetime warranty. Some users have been using for 15 years without any problems.
How does it provide a total body workout?
For chest workouts, there are the chest press and chest fly stations. The machine comes with a high, middle and low pulley system. This way, you can perform almost endless number of exercises for muscle groups. For example, lat pull downs and triceps extensions with the high pulley or leg abductions with the low pulley. It also has a leg developer for even better lower body training. The system comes with all the accessories you need such as straight and lat bar, utility/ab/triceps straps.
To sum up, it is a very versatile and reliable home gym machine for total body training. Although, it requires a dedicated space since it is big and heavy.
2. Marcy MWM-990 – Best home gym equipment on a budget
This affordable stack home gym machine supports 30 strength training exercises to build muscle. The maximum resistance is 150 lb which is enough for an average level person. Stronger guys may need something heavier to workout with.
You can shape your chest with chest press and pec fly exercises with the dual functioning press arms. For lower body strength training, you can use the dual-functioning leg developer. The MWM-990 comes with high and low pulleys to strengthen every part of your body. A useful extra is the removable preacher curl pad that you can use for bar or dumbbell biceps workouts.
This is a compact home gym. With that, people higher than 5.8 feet may not find it comfortable to use. They cannot get a full range of motion which is vital for effective resistance training.
3. Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine – Best complete home gym to Lift Weights & Build Muscle
The best way to build muscle and get strong is by lifting free weights besides machine exercises. Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage is a complete solution for that. It is like having all the vital strength training equipment in one machine.
Firstly, it is a Smith machine which lets you perform bench press, squat or seated military presses in a controlled and safe way. But, you can also use it as power rack thanks to bar catchers on the front uprights. On top of that, the system comes with an adjustable weight bench to perform flat, incline or decline presses. These functions alone would be enough for effective strength training at home.
But, it also has a cable routed pulley system which makes it even more versatile. You can use the upper pulleys, for example, for lat pull down or cable chest exercises. And, the lower pulley system comes with row plate letting you perform rowing exercises as well.
You can do about 100 types of exercises with this machine thanks to these functions. It is an excellent substitute if you cannot afford going to a commercial gym. MD-9010G combines 3 different types of strength building machines: cable crossover, power rack, Smith machine.
By the way, the weight bench comes with removable total leg developer and bicep preacher curl. And, it supports 600 lb load. (The bench is handy for dumbbell exercises as well.)
Finally, the maximum weight capacity of the rack, Smith, and cable system is 600 lb which is enough for even the strongest lifters.
Do not forget this is not a weight stack machine, so you must have weight plates (and a barbell if you want to lift without the help of the Smith system.) If you do not have plates yet, here are the best Olympic weight sets.
4. Bowflex PR1000 – Best Home Exercise Machine for Beginners/Seniors & Women
The PR1000 is the first model of the Bowflex home gyms. Each of the machines come with a power rod technology that generates constant resistance both in the positive and negative phase of the movements. The different Bowflex machines support less or more exercises and can be upgraded.
The Bowflex PR1000 home gym is the basic model that allows you to do 30 types of strength exercises for every major muscle groups. With the lat pulldown section, you can work your back, arms, and shoulders. You can do chest presses with the middle pulley. It has a leg extension/curl for lower body training. It also supports aerobic rowing which is a great way to add some cardio to your workouts.
The maximum resistance is 210 lb, but in reality, it does not feel like as much. Moreover, it is not upgradeable. Hence, it is suitable for beginners, ladies or seniors.
5. Bowflex Blaze – The Best Buy Bowflex Gym
As I mentioned before there are various Bowflex gyms, and based on the functions and price, I believe Blaze is the best buy.
Firstly, it supports 60 types of exercises. It has an enhanced version of mid-pulley for more sorts of activities. You can do squats with it which is the most beneficial lower body exercise. And, it comes with sliding seat rails for aerobic rowing as well. So, you have more than enough for full body workout.
Besides, the Bowflex Blaze home gym is upgradeable. Basically, it comes with 210 lb resistance, but you can easily upgrade it to 410 lb. This way it provides enough resistance in the long run or for stronger athletes.
Finally, it is folding, so it is a good option for people having only a small space at home.
6. Bodycraft Galena Pro Home Gym – Space Saving Design/Great Workout Experience
BodyCraft’s Galen Pro has an excellent space saving design. Even if it is packed with a lot of functions for working out, you can put it in the corner of the room.
This compact home gym machine comes with chest press, leg extension and curl, Dual function pec deck, low pulley, and abdominal crunch station. Hence, you can strengthen every muscle of your body.
On top of that, users love how this item works. It operates smoothly and very comfortable to perform the exercises. It provides an excellent workout experience.
Bay the way, it can be upgraded with various ways.
However, since it is a compact machine, it is not recommended for people taller than 6 feet.
7. Powerline BSG10X – Easy-Assembly
If you like me who is very bad at putting things together, then BSG10X is an excellent choice for you. It comes 90% assembled, you just need to tighten 8 bolts. And, it is ready to use.
It is a compact item being just 70 x 42 x 80 inches but is packed with a lot of functions to exercise. It has high, mid and low pulleys, leg developer station and eight position adjustable press arms. With that, you can do over 40 types of strength training exercises with it. Thanks to the adjustable seat, it is suitable for users of all sizes. The leg press is also an optional attachment.
What to check when searching for the best home gym weight machine for you?
There are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- Firstly, the money, it is almost always true that the more expensive a model is, the more functions it provides and the more durable. So, if you want to train at home seriously, it is perhaps better to invest in professional equipment. There are good gyms on a budget under $500 or even $300. But the best ones are around $1000 that come with many extras such as an adjustable weight bench, leg press and they are more than just a lat machine.
- The next is what your aims are and your fitness level. In case you just want to have a little bit of moving and strength training about 3-4 times a week, then, it is maybe enough to get a cheaper, less feature-rich model. On the other hand, if you are a power user you should get one that provides more functions. So, get a full body workout multi station machine.
- If the machine comes with a pulley system, you should check out the carrying capacity of the cable system. Obviously the higher, the better.
- Another thing you need to pay attention to is the size of the product. Check the footprint and the height of the machine to know if you have enough space to exercise safely and comfortably. This is especially crucial if you live in an apartment or if you have a low ceiling.
Are home workouts better than going to the gym?
As I said at the opening of this article, I used to be a gym goer, but I was fed up with traveling and the other problems. In one year, I set up my training room with all the equipment (barbell, dumbbells, bumper plates, etc.) that I need to have full body workouts.
To tell the truth, I have as good results as if I went to the local gym, but I enjoy freedom. On the other hand, if you are that kind of person who needs motivation by watching others, going to a gym might be a better option to you.
Free weights vs Machines
For bodybuilding or Crossfit you should include free weight exercises (bench press, squat, deadlift, etc.) in your workout routine. However, if you just want to be stronger and shape your muscles, a machine will do. Lifting weights required many workout equipment for home such as a weight set, barbell, a power rack/ squat rack, adjustable bench, and so on. Obviously, that costs a lot more.
Can I lose weight using these machines?
Well, if your main goal is weight loss, it is better to buy cardio equipment like a treadmill and or a rower. They also provide an efficient leg workout. You can also get a punching bag for full body training.
What are the best brands?
There are many manufacturers. Here are a few companies making best quality home gym equipment.
- Gold’s Gym
I hope you find the best home gym machine for you, if not feel free to ask below for more advice.
Last update on 2023-11-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API