Has it ever happened to you that you decided to work out to get in better shape, signed into the nearest gym, went training for a month and then gave the whole thing up because of having no time and energy to go there? Or because you felt frustrated among those huge guys? Or because it was stuffed or expensive?
I also felt the same when I joined the local gym many years ago. I went home at 5 o’clock in the afternoon, ate something quickly, jumped on my bike, rode for 25 minutes to the gym. When I arrived, I was tired and frustrated because of wasting my time. I quickly put on my training clothes and ran to the machines… and I saw that huge guys were using the workout machines I needed (and two others were waiting for it). 🙁
Once, I got access to the equipment, I started working out quickly. However, I could not focus my training, since I was thinking about how I would get access to the next weight machines. Not to mention the guys standing next to me to get the tool I was training on. And the worst it cost me so much money. :xf
To make a long story short, the one-hour workout was always more than 2 with waiting and traveling. I was always thinking about “I wish I worked out whenever and however I want and without those disturbing things”.
I think, this situation is not new for most of the people who have ever started going to the gym. Gyms are great, but there is almost something annoying.
But here is the solution!
Wouldn’t it be better to train at home without disturbing things? At you own pace, listening to your favorite music and working out whenever you want.
A home gym machine lets you focus on nothing else just on your workout. With the help of it, you can strengthen and tone all your muscle groups at home. No traveling, no uncomfortable situations.
- You can choose from numerous exercises to build muscle in different ways (some of them support over 50 activities and even come with cardio functions). And all you need is just a small place at home.
- You can increase and decrease the resistance easily. No matter if you are a beginner, someone who is familiar with strength training or a senior, you can set it to your level.
- The best all in one home gyms comes with a lot of functions to train all your muscles groups arm, chest, back, legs, etc.
There is no question that a compact home gym is among the best home exercise equipment if you want to get in shape and be strong without going to a gym. Also, they are suitable for any fitness level and they can provide a workout possibility for anyone in your family.
Below you can see the best rated home gyms on the market that are loved by users. Most of the products here are on top of the list for many months, so you must be sure that you buy a beneficial and high-quality model for the price. What is even better a few of them are always on sale (so don’t miss this great opportunity to save money.)
(This list is updated once a day so the prices may differ.)
Best Exercise Machines for the Money
- Consumer Magazine's Best Buy Home Gym!
- 210lb. Selectorized Iron Weight Stack in 10lb. Plates
- PREMIUM STEEL CONSTRUCTION - This home gym system is made with heavy-duty steel tubing and reinforced with guard rods that hold weight in place during workouts.
- WEIGHT STACK LOCK - This gear comes with a 150-pound selectorized weight stack that can be customized according to your skill level to avoid the stresses of loading and unloading weight plates with a safety lock that prevents unauthorized use of equipment
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Off the floor base frame design provides increased stability
- Get a total body strength workout with affordable home gym, includes rowing machine rail
- Provides as little as five or as many as 210-Pounds of resistance
- Assembled dimensions: 91L x 73W x 83H inches
- Versatile workhorse offers many different exercises
- Get a total body strength workout with affordable home gym; no cable changes needed between sets -
- Provides as little as five or as many as 210 pounds of resistance via Bowflex Power Rods (upgradeable to 310 pounds)
- Over 60 full body exercises
- Standard with 210lbs of Bowflex power rod resistance (Upgradeable to 310lbs or 410lbs)
- Compact home gym offers chest press, dual-function pecdeck, leg extension, leg curl, lat pull and more.
- Low pulley station is easy to access and provides plenty of room for exercises such as leg kicks and more.
How to buy one?
There are a few things you need to keep in mind. Firstly, the money, it is almost always true that the more expensive a model is, the more functions it provides and the more durable. So, if you want to train at home seriously, it is perhaps better to invest in professional equipment. There are good gyms on a budget under $500 or even $300. But the best ones are around $1000 that come with many extras such as an adjustable weight bench, leg press and they are more than just a lat machine.
The next is what your aims are and your fitness level. In case you just want to have a little bit of moving and strength training about 3-4 times a week, then, it is maybe enough to get a cheaper, less feature-rich model. On the other hand, if you are a power user you should get one that provides more functions. So, get a full body workout multi station machine.
If the machine comes with a pulley system, you should check out the carrying capacity of the cable system. Obviously the higher, the better.
Another thing you need to pay attention to is the size of the product. Check the footprint and the height of the machine to know if you have enough space to exercise safely and comfortably. This is especially crucial if you live in an apartment or if you have a low ceiling.
If you need more buying tips check out this post.
Are home workouts better than going to the gym?
As I said at the opening of this article, I used to be a gym goer, but I was fed up with traveling and the other problems. In one year, I set up my training room with all the equipment (barbell, dumbbells, bumper plates, etc.) that I need to have full body workouts.
To tell the truth, I have as good results as if I went to the local gym, but I enjoy freedom. On the other hand, if you are that kind of person who needs motivation by watching others, going to a gym might be a better option to you.
Free weights vs Machines
For bodybuilding or Crossfit you should include free weight exercises (bench press, squat, deadlift, etc.) in your workout routine. However, if you just want to be stronger and shape your muscles, a machine will do. Lifting weights required many equipment such as a weight set, barbell, a power rack/ squat rack, adjustable bench, and so on. Obviously, that costs a lot more.
Another alternative is if you do bodyweight exercises, for that the best equipment is the pull up dip station.
Can I lose weight using these machines?
Well, if your main goal is weight loss, it is better to buy cardio equipment like a treadmill and or a rower. They also provide an efficient leg workout. You can also get a punching bag for full body training.
What are the best brands?
There are many manufacturers. Here are a few companies making best quality home gym equipment.
What accessories will I need?
Quality rubber floor mat is not only important to prevent scratches on the floor, but also to avoid moving and wobbling of the machine. You may also place mirrors, posters or use a fan to make your workout more enjoyable.
Where to buy workout equipment for home?
You can check out stores around you, but I prefer shopping at Amazon since the prices are the lowest, and there is free shipping.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask below.
Did you find best home gym equipment you were looking for? Share with your friends.
Last update on 2018-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API