So, you are searching for a home gym under $1000 to train at home? Recently, one of my friends was in your shoes, and well, it is was not easy for him to pick equipment since there are so many models out there.
That is why I decided to create this list in which I would like to show you which are the best models you can buy under $1000.
In this list, you can find only those gyms that are rated at least with 4-stars on Amazon and have at least 10 customer reviews. So you must be sure that no matter which you will buy, you are going to get a quality equipment that does what is said about it.
Anyway, if you have $1000 to spend, for that price you can get an almost gym quality machine that comes with all the functions to strengthen your body at home. I mean, they are suitable for pro users as well.
OK, let’s see what are the best home gyms under $1000.
|Powerline BSG10X Home Gym, Short Assembly, 160-Pound Weight Stack||74 Reviews||$769.00||BUY ON AMAZON|
|Bowflex Blaze Home Gym||262 Reviews||$721.80||BUY ON AMAZON|
|Total Gym XLS – Universal Home Gym for Total Body Workout||373 Reviews||$850.00||BUY ON AMAZON|
|Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym||156 Reviews||$689.12||BUY ON AMAZON|
|Body Solid EXM1500S Single Stack Home Gym||67 Reviews||$899.00||BUY ON AMAZON|
|Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym||682 Reviews||$466.99||BUY ON AMAZON|
|Marcy 150-lb. Multifunctional Home Gym Station MWM-990||76 Reviews||$409.99||BUY ON AMAZON|
|Marcy Diamond Elite Smith System with Linear Bearings||263 Reviews||$999.99||BUY ON AMAZON|
|XMark Powerbase Power Tower with Assisted Lift XM-7632-34||7 Reviews||$849.00||BUY ON AMAZON|
Powerline BSG10X Home Gym
If you are searching for a durable and versatile equipment, then you should consider picking Powerline BSG10X.
- 90% already assembled, you can assemble it even if you are not a techie guy.
- It is fully adjustable helping you to do a wide range of exercises.
- Iron stacks making it even more durable.
- You can easily set it to another exercise and change the amount of weight, so your workouts will be more constant.
- It has a rather small footprint, so you can use it even in a small room.
A few users complain about late shipping.
Bowflex Blaze Home Gym
Bowflex Blaze Has been on the market almost for 10 years now, and it is still one of the most popular and trusted equipment available today. It has a unique technology called Power Rods that enables smooth and continuous resistance. And we should not forget that it comes with all the functions to have a total body workout at home.
Total Gym XLS
I’m sure you have already seen the promotional of Total Gym XLS by Chuck Noris. If he gives his name to this equipment, it would not be a bad one, wouldn’t it?
- Provides a total body workout.
- It has 6 different levels of resistance, so it suitable for both beginners and advanced users.
- Instructional DVDs are included to learn the exercises and follow workout routines for various purposes.
- You can do over 80 types of exercises for each muscle groups. You will never get bored with it.
- Because of its system, it is suitable for physical therapy programs to regain strength.
- Upgraded comfort system and smooth moves.
A few users complain about broken units.
Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym
PR3000 is the big brother of Bowflex Blaze with more functions (for example vertical bench press) and increased resistance. It has the same Power Rod technology and more sophisticated features.
- Very quiet while you use it.
- It can be adjusted in several ways to make it comfortable to use for different sized people.
- No too much floor space is required.
- No need to make cable changes so your workout is going to continuous.
- Smooth motion.
- Easy to assemble.
A few users complain about broken units.
Body-Solid EXM1500S Home Gym
It is another “classic” machine from Body Solid that has been around for over 10 years, but users like it for its smooth and quiet usage.
- It has an ergonomic design that helps you to have correct body position while you do exercises.
- It has a small footprint, so you do not need so much space to store and use.
- Unbelievable lifetime warranty.
- Its 5 sections provide all the functions to have a full body workout at home.
A few customers found it pretty hard to assemble.
Since this Bowflex gym was introduced in 2008, it is one of the most popular models out there. People like it since it provides a full body workout, and the price is not bad at all, far under $1000.
One feature I especially like about this exercise machine is the inbuilt rowing machine. Rowing is a great cardio exercise that trains the entire body, plus burns a lot of calories rather fast.
This way PR1000 is perfect for both strength and cardio training.
What kind of exercises can you do with this machine?
All kind of bench presses, shoulder presses and raises, rows, pull downs, low back extension, triceps pushdowns, curls and even various abdominal exercises. And these are just a few of the activities it provides.
If you want to know more about this inexpensive home gym check out our detailed Bowflex PR1000 review here.
Another cheap home gym that should be listed here is the MWM-990 that provides 30 exercises for strength training. It gives a wide variety of functions to strengthen all your muscle groups. It comes with 150 lb selectorized weight stack that is enough for an average trainee to build and strengthen muscles.
- It features a dual functioning, chest press arm and vertical butterfly that provide independent motion. Useful for home chest training.
- You can have excellent lower and upper body exercises with the low and high pulleys.
- Leg workout is also possible with its leg curl /extension developer.
- The overhead lat station is ideal for back training, but it can also be used for triceps and abs exercises.
If you want to know more about Marcy MWM-990, read our review here.
Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage (Best Buy!)
Note: I included this gym because it has been at discounted price for several months now, that is why I listed here. For how long this low price will be available, I do not know.
If you are searching for a PRO machine, then Marcy Diamond is probably the best buy at under $1000. It is an all in one equipment that lets you do workouts both with free weights and cables. If you have this gym at home, you will never need anything else!
I have already written a detailed guide on Marcy home gyms here, so you can check the detailed review here.
XMark Powerbase Power Tower with Assisted Lift
Do you prefer doing bodyweight exercises instead of using weights or other machines? Do you want to start calisthenics? Then a power tower is certainly the most beneficial equipment you can have at home.
Bodyweight exercises such as chin ups, pull ups, push ups, dips, etc. are perfect workouts to strengthen your entire body, lose weight and develop your functional strength.
However, if you are new to bodyweight workouts, you may find it hard to perform the pull-up sand chin ups correctly, but with this power tower, you can get help since it comes with assisted lift.
(If you can already do these moves correctly, just get a traditional workout station. You can read the review of the best power towers here.)
- Pull up bar with assisted lift to develop your arm, back and shoulders.
- It supports narrow parallel, narrow and wide grip pull ups.
- Leg raise station for shaping your abs.
- Dip station to develop your triceps and shoulders.
- Gym quality, ultra stable structure.
The price is rather high.
Not available currently
There are cheaper models, even under $500, that still provide powerful functions to train at home. However, they are maybe better for beginners or an average user. You can check out more home gyms here.
(Please, keep in mind that the prices and details are updated automatically once each hour, so they may vary when you visit Amazon.)
Did you find the best home gym under $1000 for you? Share with your friends!
Last update on 2017-11-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API