Last Updated on
In case you are searching for a fitness equipment for home to develop strength and endurance, a plyometric box is a good option for sure. With the help of it, you can perform a wide range of bodyweight exercises that are proven to be efficient for fitness and health.
Here you will find the reviews and comparison of the best plyo boxes for sale, learn why this kind of workout is so efficient and how to buy the right box for you.
Top Plyo Boxes Reviews & Comparisons
Stamina | X Adjustable Height Jump Box
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- No Assembly
- Four different heights: 12"|16"|20"|24"
Rep 3 in 1 Wood Plyometric Box
- Puzzle box design
- Made from highest grade plywood
- Sizes: 30/24/20, 24/20/16, 20/18/16, 16/14/12
j/fit Plyometric Jump Boxes
- Heavy duty steel construction
- Rubber stoppers on the bottom
- Heights of 12", 18", 24" and Sets up to 30"
1. Stamina | X Adjustable Height Plyometric Box - Quick Height Setting
1. Adjustable to four positions
This adjustable plyo box is designed to allow a person to perform a number of exercises both body weighted and weighted because it can adjust to four angles i.e. 12, 16, 20 and 24 inches. It allows you to progressively increase the intensity of your workouts and provide a challenge to your performance goals. It's the best training tool for athletes who want to work on their explosive jumps and speed. The different heights are easy to adjust, and while working out, you will become faster, quicker, stronger and more explosive than before.
2. Has a heavy duty steel construction with a durable non-slip jumping surface
It has a sturdy and compact frame which gives it stability at all heights. The durable non-slip jumping and landing surface makes it possible that it doesn't move as you exercise. So, you wouldn’t have to worry about any accidental slips. The top surface is made of rubber providing a perfect combination of cushion, traction, and stability. It weighs about 53.8lbs which makes it a bit heavy and the maximum body weight is 300lbs.
People who have bought this gym equipment say that it is a remarkable piece to invest in. It allows them to adjust the height depending on the type of exercises. Perfect for people who want to do CrossFit workouts or cross training because Stamina X is non-slip and sturdy, hence making it safe while exercising. As you adjust the height, it securely locks at the edges for stability and safety too.
A bit pricey, but worth the money because it is more stable and durable, unlike other boxes. This product is perfect for homes because it saves on space.
2. Rep 3 in 1 Wood Cheap Plyometric Jump Boxes - Classic Design & Cheap
1. Strong support structure
This wooden plyo box set is made of solid plywood with internal bracing which interlocks well giving it a strong middle support. Hence it will not bow when you land forcefully. Rep 3 in 1 is hard, but very light in weight and split resistant. Hence it will last for long extended periods of use. It comes in two sizes, i.e. 20” x 24” x 30 and 24” x 20” x 16”. So, it gives the user three different jumping heights that he can choose from either 20, 24 and 30 inches depending on their skill level.
2. Safe sides
Unlike other products, which don’t have complete sides, this model, has complete sides which make it safe. This is especially important when you don’t complete a jump because your feet will simply slide down outside the box instead catching your shin. The panels are sanded before assembly. The corners and edges are sanded after assembly which eliminates the chance of wood splinters for users and provides comfort too.
Very easy to use because all you need is to push the box to the side height that you want. It is a convenient choice because it eliminates the need of having much gym equipment. You can use the 3 different heights to perform jumps and other routines.
The shipping is done when it is flat but with pre-drilled holes and instructions so it will take about 15 minutes to assemble it. It has labels on all three sides which show the height.
These are cheap plyo boxes compared to other products available, and Rep 3 in 1 is sturdy enough so I would recommend it rather than building one yourself.
3. j/fit Plyometric Jump Boxes - Very Robust
1. Indestructible heavy duty steel construction
The frame of this jump box is made from a high-quality material which guarantees you that it will last for a long time. The frame allows one to do various dynamic workouts safely. It comes in 4 different sizes, i.e. 12, 18, 24 and 30 inches, which are suitable for step ups, jump squats, burpee box jumps, plyometric training and any more.
The design offers great stability and easy jumping. Hence they ensure that you develop the strength, agility, and power required in most athletic sports. The boxes have a red coating for aesthetics and also scratch-proof quality.
2. Nonslip tapered platform and stoppers
It has a platform that is tapered to ensure greater stability and ease while jumping. The rubber stoppers on the base of all four edges are well screwed for maximum safety and ensure that the boxes don’t slide or make you fall off or slide as you exercise. It doesn’t have any screws or welded sides that will cause scrapes or scratches as you exercise.
The fact that they come in four different sizes means that you will save money by not buying many equipment to do your workouts. With it, you can have fast and efficient ways of enjoying total body workouts while improving stamina and balance. All people, i.e. men, women, and children can use it to tone up the whole body, burn calories, work on your muscles and improve your stamina.
j/Fit is a great addition to your home gym, hockey training facilities, college facilities and CrossFit sessions and they are easily stored because the boxes stack on each other.
How can it help you?
- Plyometric workouts are explosive training sessions that consist of fast, powerful movements and usually used by athletes to improve their sports performance. They are best done with plyometric boxes which are boxes or stool like equipment that comes is different sizes and heights.
- They are formed with solid square frames and provide a big solid landing area with a thick covering to reduce the impact on joints. There are different types of plyo jump boxes that are made from various materials.
- They are great home gym equipment because you can perform a lot of exercises such as cardio, jumping and stretch exercises with just one box and they also don’t take up a lot of space.
- It is very useful as it allows one to use their muscles to the maximum force within a short period. It also improves the reacting fast twitch muscle fibers through the whole body.
- It helps boost the vertical jumping ability of an athlete and also increase the foot speed, leg strength, cardio endurance, explosiveness, and health.
- You will get to improve your balance too because exercises performed on the plyometric boxes involves transferring your weight which requires a good balance level.
- If you are doing fat loss training, then use these boxes to incorporate exercises that will help you.
What features to look at when buying a jump box?
- The structure should be solid and compact to allow you perform any kind of exercise with it bowing or breaking down despite the intensity when they are exercising. Stability is important to minimize on accident sand injuries.
- The corners should be rounded or sanded to ensure one's safety, and they reduce the risk of getting scrapes and will not hurt anyone.
- Best to get an adjustable plyometric box because it will allow you to increase the height of it as you progress on your exercises without having to buy another item. It also allows you flexibility in your training schedule because you can upgrade or downgrade your routine. An adjustable equipment is also a space saver in your home gym.
- The edges and bottom should be non-slip to ensure safety and the landing area should be of non-slip rubber. This makes them easy to clean, and they will not cause one to slip or fall and hurt them as they exercise.
- All screws should be countersunk and not protrude to ensure that they don’t hurt someone when they are exercising.
- They should be light in weight so that the box is easy to move around.
How do you know which box is right for you?
It's important to note that best jump boxes for training have been designed to ensure safety as long as you are using it right. There are various types of boxes to choose from. It would be good not to be carried away because of the color, design or physical quality rather get a product that will serve its purpose.
Some things that you need to consider when buying plyometric boxes include:
The box size and dimensions.
If you are a beginner get a box with adjustable height so that you can start with low height and keep on progressing as you get comfortable. Adjustable boxes start with 12 inches and raise to 24 inches and buying one will cost you less than buying boxes with fixed heights. Get one that is of moderate height to easily jump without hurting yourself.
The height will depend on what you want to use the box for because different exercises require different heights. For example, if you will be doing only step ups and pushups it would be good to get a singular plyo box. If you are a beginner, start with a small box and keep on adjusting the height as soon as you get comfortable. Most women start with a 16-inch box while the men start with a 20-inch box. The width of the jumping landing should be at least the size of your hips.
Depending on your budget, then it will determine the material of the box that you get. Most boxes are made from strong and durable material and can be used for a long period while withstanding the extensive training sessions.
There are boxes made of metal but are adjustable, and there are others made from wood. The wooden plyometric boxes are aesthetically pleasing as they have paint on them and nice designs but are non-adjustable. Don’t choose plastic boxes because they can break down easily. Steel boxes are more expensive than wooden or plastic boxes.
Where you will be working out matters when you are choosing the weight of the box. Some models that are made from steel are heavy, but a wooden box is best if you are going to be doing plyometric exercises in different places in your house. This is because they are light in weight hence easy to carry around.
The available space also matters when buying a jump box. Some products have adjustable height, so it makes them easy to store, especially if you have limited space. Most wooden boxes are not adjustable so it would be difficult to store them.
The floor type
The type of floor you will be working out on will determine the kind of equipment to get. Most boxes have non-slip surfaces, but for the wood plyo boxes, they don’t have, hence it may move when one is exercising if placed on a slippery floor.
It is worth investing in this equipment because you can use it as a beginner and also an expert in fitness training and most can be used by the whole family.
Did you like this plyo boxes guide? Share with your friends!
Last update on 2020-07-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API