If you are searching for a piece of fitness equipment for home to develop strength and endurance, a plyometric box is a good option. With its help, you can perform a wide range of bodyweight exercises proven to be efficient for fitness and health.
Here you will find the reviews and comparisons of the best plyo boxes for sale. You’ll learn why this kind of workout is so efficient and how to buy the right box for you.
- 1 Best Plyometric Jump Boxes – Top 5 Choices
- 2 Buyer’s Guide for the Best Plyo Boxes
- 2.1 How can it help you?
- 2.2 What features to look at when buying a jump box?
- 2.3 What are the different types of plyo boxes?
- 2.4 How do you know which box is right for you?
Best Plyometric Jump Boxes – Top 5 Choices
|JFIT Plyometric Boxes||
Power Guidance 3-in-1 Wood Plyometric Box
Stamina | X Adjustable Plyometric Box
BalanceFrom 3-in-1 Plyo Box
Yes4All Foam Plyo Box
1. JFIT Plyometric Jump Boxes – BEST OVERALL
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Indestructible heavy-duty steel construction. The frame of this wood plyo box is made from a high-quality material, guaranteeing you durability that will last for a long time. The frame allows you to do various dynamic workouts safely. It comes in 4 different sizes: 12″, 18″, 24″, and 30″, which are suitable for step-ups, jump squats, burpee box jumps, plyometric training, and any more.
- Reliable design and finish. The design offers great stability for ease of jumping. Hence, they ensure that you develop the strength, agility, and power required in most athletic sports. The boxes are made with scratch-proof quality and a red coating for aesthetics.
- Non-slip tapered platform and stoppers. It has a tapered platform to ensure greater stability and ease while jumping. The rubber stoppers (located on the base on all four edges) are screwed enough for maximum safety and ensure that the boxes don’t slide as you exercise. It doesn’t have any screws or welded sides that will cause scrapes or scratches as you progress.
The fact that they come in four different sizes means that you will save money by not buying much equipment to do your workouts. With JFIT plyometric jump boxes, you can have fast and efficient ways of enjoying total body workouts while improving stamina and balance.
All people, i.e., men, women, and children, can use it to tone up the whole body, burn calories, work on your muscles, and improve your stamina.
JFIT is a great addition to your home gym, hockey training facilities, college facilities, and CrossFit sessions, and they are easily stored because the boxes stack on each other.
- PLYO BOX SET: 12", 18", 24" and 30" set with no assembly required
- INDESTRUCTIBLE DESIGN: Heavy-duty steel construction, durable non-slip vinyl landing surface, and non-slip rubber pads on all 4 corners guarantees safe and dynamic workouts for years to come
2. Power Guidance 3-in-1 Wood Plyometric Jump Boxes – BEST VALUE
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Well-constructed wood. This wooden box set is made of solid plywood with internal bracing that interlocks well, giving the box strong middle support. It will not bow down when you land forcefully. Rep 3-in-1 is hard but very lightweight and split-resistant. It will last even with extended periods of use. It comes in three sizes: 20” x 24” x 30″, 18″ x 20″ x 24″, and 12″ x 14″ x 16″.
- Safety features. Unlike other products that don’t have complete sides, Power Guidance jump boxes have complete sides, making them safe. This is important to know because your feet could slip outside the box instead of catching your shin. The panels are sanded before assembly. Meanwhile, the corners and edges are sanded after assembly, which eliminates the chances of wood splinters and provides comfort too.
Very easy to use because all you need to do is push the box to a certain height dimension that you want. It is a convenient choice because it eliminates the need for having much gym equipment. You can use 3 different heights to perform jumps and other routines.
The shipping is done when it is flat, but with pre-drilled holes and instructions, so it will take about 15 minutes to assemble it. It has labels on all three sides which show the height.
These are cheap plyo boxes compared to other products available, and Rep 3-in-1 is sturdy enough, so I would recommend it rather than building one yourself.
3. Stamina | X Adjustable Height Plyometric Box – BEST QUALITY
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Adjustable to different positions. This adjustable plyo box is designed to allow a person to perform several bodyweight exercises because it can adjust to four angles: 12″, 16″, 20″, and 24″. It allows you to progressively increase the intensity of your workouts and provides a challenge to your performance goals.
- It’s the best training tool for athletes who want to work on their explosive jumps and speed. The different heights are easy to adjust, and while working out, you’ll become faster, quicker, stronger, and more explosive than before.
- Heavy-duty steel construction with a durable non-slip jumping surface. It has a sturdy and compact frame which gives it stability at all heights. The durable non-slip jumping and landing surface makes the equipment non-movable as you exercise. So, you wouldn’t have to worry about any accidental slips.
- The top surface is made of rubber, providing a perfect combination of cushion, traction, and stability. It weighs about 53.8lbs which makes it a bit heavy, and the maximum body weight is 300lbs.
People who have bought this gym equipment say it’s a remarkable piece to invest in. It allows them to adjust the height depending on the type of exercise. Perfect for people who want to do CrossFit workouts or cross-training because Stamina X is non-slip and sturdy, making it safe while exercising. As you adjust the height, it securely locks at the edges for stability and safety.
A bit pricey but worth the money because it is more stable and durable, unlike other boxes. This product is perfect for homes because it saves on space.
- Durable non-slip jumping surface
- Adjusts to four different heights: 12"|16"|20"|24"
4. BalanceFrom 3-in-1 Plyo Box – Runner Up
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Comes in two styles, including a regular style that weighs 16 pounds and a heavy-duty style that weighs 60 pounds. It is a three in one plyo box option, making it adjustable. You can rotate the box to get 20-inch, 24-inch, and 30-inches.
- Anti-slip materials. The surface is made with a slip-free material with an anti-slip texture, so you can be sure to have the best stability with every single set of jumps you make. It is also a durable, high-density foam material that won’t cause any injury.
People are using this plyo box for Crossfit, and some are working their way up to women’s RX box jumps, making this foam plyo box the best option for this kind of practice. Users also like that the box is generally lightweight but still durable. It is used regularly for step-ups, single-leg lunges, dips, planks, and box jumps and holds up without much wear and tear.
This 3-in-1 box comes at an affordable price. Some feel it doesn’t offer as much stability as other plyo boxes, but it gets the job done when engaging in HIIT and Crossfit workouts.
- Two styles - Regular style weighs 16 pounds, heavy duty style weights 60 pounds
- Three in one - Simply rotate the box to get 20-inch, 24-inch and 30-inch
5. Yes4All Foam Plyo Box – Second Runner Up
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Has strong and sturdy construction. The Yes4All foam plyo box is made with a durable vinyl cover that is wear and tear-resistant, even with heavy use. The PVC covering also makes it easy to clean off dirt and footprints.
- Excellent build strength. This plyo box is ideal for plyometric and HIIT exercises and MMA workouts. It offers three different height settings so you can control the difficulty of your exercises.
- Can be used for various exercises, such as push-ups, step-ups, box squats, squats, lunges, dips, and more.
- Adjustable and safe design. Its three-sided design offers three different height options. The PVC leather-covered surface prevents slipping and makes it easier on your shins when you miss.
According to customer reviews, this soft plyo box is versatile training equipment essential for anyone interested in strength training. It can be used for traditional jump box exercises and push-ups, sit-ups, and more. It increases your jump ability, agility, cardiovascular endurance, total body strength, and power.
The high-density foam protects you from injuries but remains firm when jumped on. It offers a stable height with a non-slip surface. Some reported that it could also be used on top of a yoga mat to help keep the box from sliding around when it is in use, although this is not recommended. There is very little give when it is jumped on.
Others felt this soft plyo box was unsteady and too light in weight for their Crossfit workout. However, you can choose between light and heavy-duty options.
- STRONG AND STURDY CONSTRUCTION: The thick, durable vinyl cover resists wear and tear while remaining firm even after heavy use. You do not have to worry about dirt & footprints as PVC covering allows you to wipe clean the box quickly & conveniently
- BUILD STRENGTH AND EXPLOSIVE POWER: Perfect for plyometric & HIIT exercises, MMA workouts, 3 different height settings let you control the difficulty levels for push-ups, step-ups, box-squats, squats, lunges, dips and many more
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Plyo Boxes
How can it help you?
- Plyometric workouts are explosive training sessions that consist of fast, powerful movements usually used by athletes to improve their sports performance. They are best done with plyometric boxes or stool-like equipment that comes in different sizes and heights.
- They are formed with solid square frames and provide a big solid landing area with a thick covering to reduce the impact on joints. There are different types of plyo jump boxes made from various materials.
- They are great home gym equipment because you can perform a lot of exercises such as cardio, jumping, and stretch exercises with just one box, and they also don’t take up a lot of space.
- It is very useful as it allows one to use their muscles to the maximum force within a short period. It also improves the reacting fast-twitch muscle fibers through the whole body.
- It helps boost an athlete’s vertical jumping ability and increase foot speed, leg strength, cardio endurance, explosiveness, and health.
- You will also get to improve your balance because exercises performed on the plyometric boxes involve transferring your weight, which requires a well-balanced level.
- If you are doing fat loss training, use these boxes to incorporate exercises that will help you.
What features to look at when buying a jump box?
- The structure should be solid and compact to allow you to perform any exercise without it bowing or breaking down despite the intensity when they are exercising. Stability is important to minimize accidents and injuries.
- The corners should be rounded or sanded to ensure one’s safety. It also reduces the risk of getting scrapes and will not hurt anyone.
- Best to get an adjustable plyometric box because it will allow you to increase its height as you progress on your exercises without having to buy another item. It also allows you flexibility in your training schedule because you can upgrade or downgrade your routine. Adjustable equipment is also a space saver in your home gym.
- The edges and bottom should be non-slip to ensure safety, and the landing area should be of non-slip rubber. This makes them easy to clean, and they will not cause one to slip or fall and hurt them as they exercise.
- All screws should be countersunk and not protrude to ensure that they don’t hurt someone when they are exercising.
- They should be lightweight so that the box is easy to move around.
What are the different types of plyo boxes?
A plyo box is an incredibly simple piece of equipment you can include in your home gym, but there are still a few different types you want to familiarize yourself with before making a purchase.
3-in-1 plyo box
These plyo boxes come in varying heights and have a rectangular design. These boxes can be rotated so you can jump train and do box squats at different heights. They are a suitable plyo box option for both beginners and those who are more experienced with box jump exercises.
Stackable boxes don’t have a flat face covering their edge. Instead, stackable boxes are made with a heavy-duty steel frame with surface padding. You can purchase stackable boxes for jump training in sets of four to six individual boxes, each a differing height option. They can be stacked for easy storage.
Wooden plyo box
A wooden plyo box is typically made from wooden boards, solid wood, or plywood material. They also have puzzle interlocks and bracings for durability and stability, offering solid construction.
Foam plyo box
A soft plyo box, like the foam plyo box, is made from a high-density foam material and rubber that covers the surfaces of the jump box. Foam plyo boxes are great for beginners as they are soft and you will not become injured when doing your training exercises with them.
How do you know which box is right for you?
It’s important to note that the best jump boxes for training have been designed to ensure safety as long as you are using them correctly.
There are various types of boxes to choose from. It would be good not to be carried away because of the color, design, or physical quality; rather, get a product that will serve its purpose.
Some things that you need to consider when buying plyometric boxes include:
Box size and dimensions
If you are a beginner, get a box with adjustable height so that you can start with low height and keep on progressing as you get comfortable. Adjustable boxes start with 12 inches and raise to 24 inches, and buying one will cost you less than buying boxes with fixed heights. Get one that is of moderate height to easily jump without hurting yourself.
The height will depend on what you want to use the box for since various exercises require different heights. It would be good to get a singular plyo box if you only do step-ups and push-ups.
If you’re a beginner, start with a small box and keep on adjusting the height as soon as you get comfortable. Most women start with a 16-inch box, while the men start with a 20-inch box. The width of the jumping landing should be at least the size of your hips.
Your budget determines the material of the box that you get. Most boxes are made from strong and durable material and can be used for a long period while withstanding the extensive training sessions.
There are boxes made of metal but adjustable, and others are made from wood. The wooden plyometric boxes are aesthetically pleasing as they have paint on them and nice designs but are non-adjustable.
Don’t choose plastic boxes because they can break down easily. Steel boxes are more expensive than wooden or plastic boxes. Additionally, where you will be working out matters when choosing the weight of the box.
Some models made from steel are heavy, but a wooden box is best if you are going to be doing plyometric exercises in different places in your house. This is because they are light in weight hence easy to carry around.
The available space also matters when buying a jump box. Some products have adjustable height, making them easy to store, especially if you have limited space. Most wooden boxes are not adjustable, so it would be difficult to store them.
The type of floor you will be working out on will determine the kind of equipment to get. Most boxes have non-slip surfaces, but for the wood plyo boxes, they don’t have. Jump boxes might move when one is exercising if placed on a slippery floor. It is worth investing in this equipment because you can use it in fitness training and exercises.
Did you like this list of the best plyo boxes? Share with your friends!
Last update on 2022-05-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API