Working out is no more a trend of the society but part of our lives. The amount of fast food we consume has brought us to the point that we need to add regular exercising to the list of our routine daily activities.
To stay healthy and fit, walking or running some miles and shedding some sweat has become just too necessary. Though gym is no more a trend, a home gym is quite cool. People are moving towards buying home fitness equipment and using them at their own time and convenience.
An essential equipment in any home gym is the treadmill without which we can’t imagine our gym. Many times, this is the only equipment which people buy for their home workout as this easy to use and can be used by anyone in the house.
Buying a treadmill is expensive as well it has the risk to buy something which is worth your money. You don’t want to spend a month’s salary on the equipment you’re buying but not save 200$ to buy something of no use.
Below are some of the best treadmills under $1000 that are well-rated by customers.
What is the Best Treadmill for Home Use Under $1000
Typically, the market price for a good machines will run someone around more than $1000 but with this guide, we list some of the cheap treadmills you can consider for your home. Before buying any product, it’s crucial that we look forward with their positives and negatives and which features are being offered by it. Because the investment is big, you should consider making it correctly.
1. Lifespan TR 1200i Treadmill
The Lifespan Fitness TR 1200i folding treadmill brings you with some unique features that won’t be available on other models you will see.
Pros & Features
- It is big with a good space to run which is about 20-by-56 inch running area.
- Even though it is big and has a lot of space to run, this would not need a lot of space to fit in. It can easily be folded to settle somewhere.
- The motor used in TR1200i is 2.5 horsepower continuous motor which is reliable and stable and is a technological advance.
- The machine bottom part is comfortable and has compression shock absorbers too. This makes sure that it provides enough cushion for exercising, running and jogging and gives no pain to the joints.
- Like mentioned, it can be folded easily due to the hydraulic motion used in the system for safe handling and folding.
- It also provides 21 exercise programs which are explained in the book provided and can be played around with.
- The buttons and the screen are clear and provide all the data which is useful to you.
- It gives you an option to save your data on your USB so you can use it in the future for comparison. Now you can keep a track of your miles ran and calories burned after the month.
- It also provides an option of goal tracking so you can now set your goals and manage on how far you have achieved with the treadmill. So this not just a running machine but your coach and a pal which is trying to help you lose your weight.
- Its safety stop button is also a fantastic feature which is great usage when in times of some emergency.
- Lifespan TR 1200i does include some cons when it comes to honest review. Some machines don't have the USB port for data storage so you should check it once you receive it.
- Secondly, the speaker’s sound is not very good and loud, so you should consider that too.
The customer service can be contacted if you have any missing element.
2. NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill
This is the most technology advanced treadmill you can buy under $1000 and it is among the best treadmills for running.
Pros & Features
- It has a touch screen which enables you to play with all the functionalities on a touch of your thumb. Because we are so used to touch screens on mobile, you will feel the ease of touch in the feature of this quality model.
- The screen is also connected to the web so you can surf the internet for your topics and stay updated while using it. You can also connect it with Google maps and run in real time locations.
- Moreover, NordicTrack C 990 has an inbuilt library of training courses which can be accessed while you’re working out on it.
- It has an average size, and you can fold it if you feel it convenient.
- It also provides with the option of inclination which helps you to lose more weight in less time. The inclination times of C 990 is quite quick, and you can change the incline grade from 0% to 12% very quickly. A better technology also helps you to set the inclination according to the route you selected in the Google Maps.
- Additionally, you can adjust the feel of the trek by yourself. You can effortlessly change the feel to cushion or to a hard road which makes you strong and gets running difficult but worth. The custom cushioning feature is a new addition to the lines of the treadmill.
All in all, NordicTrack C 990 is quite technologically advanced, and if you love tech, you will enjoy these features.
- Apart from all these features, there are some complaints about the online connections. The claims say that it doesn’t easily connect but lose information too. This creates more hustle for some people.
- There are some technical issues in the machine too as it doesn’t slow down below 2.5 mph. This can be a problem if you want to us it for walking.
3. Xterra Fitness TR6.6 Treadmill
Pros & Features
- As far as the features are concerned, Xterra Fitness TR6.6 takes over many. It is the most comfortable and cushioned model which is easy to use with a good instruction manual. It is huge with a size of 20" x 60" which gives you allot of space to run and move.
- Xterra Fitness TR6.6 consists a 3.0 horsepower grade powerful motor which is provided with a lifetime warranty. This motor is so amazing that you don’t hear any sound of it and can enjoy running while watching TV.
- Whether you’re old or young, the LCD display is so wide and clear that you can read the stuff and numbers clearly. The buttons on the treadmill include manual setting, preset, and heart rate control programs.
- The cushion and the material used makes sure that minimum pressure is exerted on the joints.
- The part I love about this model is the audio jack speakers for the MP3 player and the cooling fan. I have always loved running on a treadmill with music, and this machine helps me to do that easily. Plus the cooling fan is another perfect addition.
- It will be shipped very fast to your place, and assembling is very clear and easy so you can easily do it on your own without wasting any money on that.
- The machine is excellent, but it is HUGE, and you really would need to spare a large part of your space to this fitness equipment. Handling and moving it is quite challenging and so is the working of it.
- Moreover, there are some of the complaints about the speed being more than it says on the screen.
- It also responds a little late to the change in speed.
4. ProForm 505 CST Treadmill
Pros & Features
- This is a short version of your treadmills with about 73.3L x 35.74W x 68.11H size which is quite small. If you’re looking for a compact treadmill which doesn’t take much space, get this one on board. It is small, you can easily carry it and can fold it to save the space even more. You can set it up whenever you want and get moving.
- It has a 6-inch display screen panel which you about your miles walked and calories burned too. The features also include some unique inbuilt workout apps which are fun to explore.
- The other similar functions of the machine have the options to speed up to 10MPH and a heart rate monitor.
- It also has a music system which is compatible with your iPhone so you can go on with music and your playlist.
According to the price range on which Proform 505 CST is available, the features and the functionality of it is excellent. I even tried watching Netflix while running on it and was able to do that easily.
- Though there are some issues you could face with it. When it arrives at your place, it will not be assembled at all. All the assembly has to be done by you alone. Plus the instructions to assemble is not easy and would require some major time of your day to get it done.
- There are a few complaints of machines to stop after 1.5 miles, but the customer service is ready to work on that part too. There are some additional features that are not available with it, and you would have to buy it separately.
An enhanced version with more function is Proform Power 995i
5. Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill
Horizon Fitness T101-04 is rated as the best value buy and is just have a limited stock available so you should give it a good try. The machine is powerful with a sleek design and solid and quiet motor. The speakers for T101-4 are good, unlike other models we see. The company has made sure that the frame is sturdy, so it’s comfortable for you and doesn’t shake while running.
Pros & Features
- It is light weighted with easy assembly and the easy to fold.
- The LCD screen is big enough to show you the numbers correctly, and the fan provides sufficient cooling.
- It gives you options to set some challenges for yourself and set up goals. Once the goals are achieved, you can track it further.
- It is not something which offers the something out of the world but is famous for doing things right for what it does.
The issues in the machine are not much stated, and the reviews are good too. Mostly you will find good reviews about it, but some of the customers have also complained about the machine processing getting slow with time.
Otherwise, Horizon Fitness T101-04 is a good buy for the money you’re paying with not many features but sufficient enough to achieve the core purpose of the equipment.
The issues most customers are facing is not with the product on a whole but with the delivery. The parts delivered at first are not always new for some reason, so you really need to check the box and then take the delivery back.
What to check in the best treadmills under 1000?
To buy a treadmill at a discounted price is still an issue. To decide whether to purchase the product which is for sale or to buy the running machine which is basically priced low. We understand that we all want many different features in a limited amount of money, but we should never forget about what are the core purpose of the purchase is.
While buying a machine first check on to what are the major features and read the reviews for them. If you’re going for something which is providing you something different from the typical features, do a better research for it.
One problem which you might face while you buy a cheap treadmill would be maintenance. It is usually noted that the machine which is ordinarily below $700 are those who requires a lot of maintenance cost after some time. They would get ruined easily, or their motor won’t work. You should check on what is the warranty provided by the manufacturer and how is their customer service dealing.
Buying a treadmill is quite of an expense for most of us and therefore, while buying one make sure your research is very detailed and you check things when they arrive.
(The prices and ratings may differ since the data is updated once a day.)
Did you find the best treadmill under $1000 for you? Share this guide with your friends.
Last update on 2018-11-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API