A Body Solid home gym is undoubtedly an excellent choice whether you are a beginner or pro who want to work out at home.
Body Solid models are well-known for their durability, backed up by a lifetime warranty, and versatility. You can find cheaper weight lifting machines out there but not as robust and powerful ones.
I know, picking such an expensive product is not an easy decision, but we are here to help you to decide.
Do not forget a good machine can help you to shape your body and be stronger without going to the gym. In the long run, you save a lot of money and time, even if it seems to be a huge investment right now.
Comparison of Models
EXM3000LPS Double Stack
THE MOST PROFESSIONAL!
It is the ultimate machine for home with all the functions you will ever need to have strength training at home. It has leg press and rowing function. Suitable for both beginners and pro users. It is an all in one machine.
Provides fewer functions but still a complete home gym for a total body workouts at home (supporting +30 exercises). Robust structure and smooth usage why users like it.
The most simplest model with less functions but at an affordable price. Although, for an average user it is still a powerful equipment to workout with at home.
How Did We Come With This List?
I was fortunate enough to try these machines, but we also checked out several muscle building forums and reviews on various stores. We put together the discussions, recommendations and those reviews to pick the best three models.
Body Solid EXM 3000 Home Gym Review
Well, if you are searching for an all in one commercial fitness equipment to have strength training at home, EXM300LPs is probably the best machine you can get. It comes with everything you need to have a full body workout, and it is suitable even for a pro user. It is the only Body Solid home gym with leg press.
- It has a high pulley; lat pull down station that provides exercises to build the muscles of your triceps, shoulders and back. This function provides smooth motion, and because of its unique system, it fits every size user without the need of adjustment.
- It cannot be a complete home gym without the low pulley/seated row function. As you probably know rowing machines are excellent equipment to train all the muscle groups at once, plus it is an efficient cardio workout as well. Hence, you do not need to buy a separated machine.
- Also, with the low pulley station you can do several additional exercises such as cable curls, leg abduction, upright rows, and many other exercises.
- It has an ergonomic multi-press station that is entirely adjustable and provides a full range of motion. This way you can perform the movements more correctly, and that leads to better muscle stimulation.
- Do you want to train your abs using weights? This professional gym equipment lets you do that as well. Just use the ab crunch/mid pulley station to strengthen and tone your abs and oblique.
- Want to develop your legs? Use the leg extension and curl station to build your hamstring and quads. Want to put on big muscles on your legs? Use the leg press and calf station to turn your chicken legs into giant pillars.
- There is no man in the world who does not want attractive and big chest muscles. With the help of the pec station, you can build your chest. This function can be adjusted in several ways and biomechanically designed to get the most from the exercises.
- Keep in mind we are talking about a pretty big machine, so you will need space to use and store it comfortably.
- And of you are not so good at assembling things, well, ask for help. It is going to be a big work.
Is it for you?
Well, if you can afford it is surely an all in one weight training equipment that comes with everything you will need to build muscles at home, so there is no need to go to the gym anymore. It provides everything even a pro user wants.
Customer Review & Price
If you check out the clients'reviews here, you will see that the users love using Body Solid EXM 3000, and they get what they wanted. A few of them although complain about the assembly.
Body Solid Strengthtech EXM2500s Home Gym Review
If you found EXM 3000 too expensive or you do not need so many features, then this model is maybe a better solution for you. Not as featured-rich as the previous one but it is still a powerful strength training equipment for home that has been labeled as “best buy” by a few customer magazines.
The good news you can still use it for rowing because it has a lower pulley station, but it does not come with a leg press.
- An important feature of EXM2500s is how smooth it is while we use it. Well, this machine is particularly loved by users for its smooth action.
- It has an adjustable seat which is important to perform the exercises correctly.
- As you see, it uses cables that handle the resistance. Those military cables are able to withstand over 2000 lbs, so they are very durable. You do not have to afraid of broken cables; that can cause severe injuries.
- The selectorized weight system allows you to increase or decrease the resistance smoothly with the selection key. So, you can quickly go from one exercise to another making your workout continuous.
- It is a real multifunction home gym set that lets you do over 30 types of activities to train each of muscle groups.
- This machine is made from 12-gauge steel providing durability and safe usage. The frame is covered with powder coat finish making it scratch resistant. So, your machine will look like new for a long time.
- And we should not forget, like other Body Solid Models, it comes with a lifetime warranty!
- Again assembly seems to be a problem from a few customers who are not so techie. Although, a lot of useful assembly suggestions have been shared here.
- Keep in mind that it is still rather big so you will need space.
Is it for you?
In case you are searching for a robust, professional exercise equipment for home, then EXM2500s is a good choice. It provides you so many exercises to do and long-lasting.
Customer Review & Price
If you check the Amazon reviews here, you will see that it is almost a 5-star product. Users love for the numerous exercises they can do with it and for its still work.
Body-Solid EXM1500S Home Gym Review
This is the little brother of the previous two that is cheaper and obviously provides fewer functions. But this does not mean it cannot be an excellent weight lifting equipment for an average Joe.
It still provides enough possibilities to have a full body workout at home, and it is as sturdy as previous ones.
- It is a compact exercise equipment since it has 36x83x49 footprint making it a better option for those who has less space to use and store.
- Customers like it for its smooth operation and its ergonomic design. This way they can work out safely and more efficiently.
- It comes with five workout sections. These are a high and low pulley, leg curl and extension, chest press and a crunch. So, you can train all the main muscle groups.
- Also, the most important accessories such as the lat bar, low row bar, utility strap and a useful workout poster are included.
- It also comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Again assembly is pretty hard for a few users.
- Also, a few users found the cable attached to the weight stack is too short, but the manufacturer provides a D-link for that.
Is it for you?
In case you have not so much space and need a basic yet reliable strength equipment at an affordable price, EXM1500S can be a right choice for you.
Customer Review & Price
If you check out the customer reviews here, you will see that users satisfied with this model, just the assembly was a little bit of problem.
Other home gym systems from Body Solid?
While these are the products that we recommend, there are two other models you may want to check out. Body Solid G1S home gym that has similar features and Body-Solid Freeweight Leverage Commercial Gym Package in case you prefer bodyweight and free weight workouts.
What look for when buying?
I do not want to go deep into this topic, as we have a guide here, but here are some things you need to pay attention to:
- Smooth action
- Warranty (the longer, the better)
- Durability (frame, cables)
- Measurements to know if you have enough space to store and use.
- Customer reviews.
Did you like this guide to Body Solid home gyms? Share with your friends!
Last update on 2017-09-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API