If you have no time to go to the gym but want to have full body strength training, then Bowflex Blaze home gym can be an optimal solution for you.
If you want to get real results you should train all parts of your body and for that you should buy several pieces of fitness equipment separately. If you add up the costs of the equipment, you must be sure that in the end they cost pretty much. Not to talk about the so much space they need.
Hence, if you want to save money and space, a home gym machine is definitely the most suitable solution for you.
There are a lot of models out there with less and more features and in various price range. Among these machines, one of the most popular, well-rated and recommended is Bowflex Blaze.
Total Body Workout
This total body home gym has been developed for those who want to have efficient and complete home workouts. It supports over 60 exercise options for all muscle groups.
Effective Resistance System
Blaze comes with a unique system called Power Rod Technology and cables that make the usage of Blaze even more efficient and comfortable.
The resistance rod system is 210 pounds, but it can be increased up to 410 lbs with a rod upgrade (extra weight).Therefore, it is suitable not only for beginners but also for those who are better fitness level.
If you have 30 minutes 3-4 times a week, you will see excellent results. With the help of it you can build muscles and even develop your cardio.
High-quality home gym equipment with 60 gym-quality exercises for the entire body. Useful workout chart for beginners. It is worth the price based on reviews. I think, it is the best Bowflex machine with compact design.
Pros of Bowflex Blaze
- Do over 60 types of home gym exercises to strengthen and tone you upper and lower body. It is equipped with the most efficient tools.
- Most of the other models do not allow you to have effective leg workouts. But with Bowflex Blaze home gym you can have efficient leg exercises thanks to the lower pulley system, squat bar/straps and the leg press belt. The leg extension and curl attachment lets add an extra boost to your leg workout. This way you will be able to train your hamstrings, glutes and quads totally.
- The angled lat tower power bar allows you to strengthen your shoulders and back muscles efficiently. The angled lat pulldown bar is ergonomically designed to perform the back exercises more naturally to avoid injuries. You will be able to also work you triceps with the help of this function.
- The sliding seat rail (rowing station) provides additional exercises for legs and back muscles. With the help of the multiple cable pulley positions, you can get aerobic rowing and with the leg attachment leg curls and extension (may substitute a cardio machine).
- Bowflex Blaze comes with an adjustable bench so it lets you strengthen your chest muscles as well. Use the inbuilt Power Rod Resistance Technology as resistance or your free weights for chest exercises.
- The maximum resistance that this Bowflex home gym provides is 210 lbs, but it can be increased up to 410 pounds with extra resistance rods. Such resistance upgrade is enough even for those who has intermediate fitness level .
Leg extension and leg curl attachment
- Its versatile features allow you to perform custom workouts. Perfect exercise equipment both for men and women at almost any level. One of the main reasons why customers like it is the so much functionality it provides.
- Foldable to save space. Excellent solution for those who live in small flat. You do not have to worry about the storage when it is folded.
- Since it supports compound exercises, you can build muscles, improve the cardiovascular system and lose weight.
- It comes with a free workout placard for the steps of 20 minute efficient training. this training manual also helps to set up your own workout plan if you are a beginner.
- The Bowflex Blaze home gym even helps to get good ab workouts. You can make abdominal exercises such as various crunches and trunk rotations with the lat tower.
- The Bowflex assembly instructions are easy to follow thanks to the manual. But, I’m sure you will find instructional videos online as well.
- The warranty on the power rods is 5 years, and 1 year on the mainframe.
- Included Accessories: squat bar, lat bar, triple function hand grip, ankle cuffs.
Bowflex Blaze dimensions:
- Dimensions: 90″ L x 38″ W x 83″ H (229 cm L x 97 cm W x 211 cm H)
- Folded footprint: 52″ L x 38″ W x 83″ H (132 cm L x 97 cm W x 211 cm H)
About the workout options
Check the user manual PDF below to learn about the Bowflex exercises. This way you can create your own workout plan.
Download the Bowflex manual here from which you can also check out what’s in the box and other useful tips on how to use it efficiently.
Bowflex Blaze instructional video.
The 20 Minute Full Body Workout
Perform 1-2 sets of each exercise at 10-15 reps:
- Bench Presses or chest fly
- Seated Lat Rows
- Let pulldowns
- Crossover Seated Rear Deltoid Rows
- Standing Biceps Curl
- Triceps Pushdown (triceps extension)
- Calf Raise
- Leg Presses
- Trunk Rotation
- Seated Abdominal Crunch
- Compared to other home gyms, Bowflex is bit more expensive. However, it provides more efficient types of exercises than the cheaper ones.
- Some users think the power rod resistance system feels lighter compared to weight resistance. Hence, I do not recommend this compact machine for strong guys who want to build serious muscle mass and strength. But for home workout, it is a good choice.
- Taller users find it a bit uncomfortable to use. The height of it should be a bit more.
Is it a folding home gym?
It is not fold up. Only the leg attachment can be moved upwards to save some space. However, we are talking about a compact home machine that does not require much workout area.
Can you build big muscles with it?
Blaze is mainly designed for people who want to strengthen and shape their bodies at home. The resistance is not enough, and the fitness machine drives the moves. If you want to build big muscles, you’d better lift weights.
Is it suitable for squats?
Of course, the squat station is much better than bodyweight squats since you can use the resistance of the machine. However, it does not substitute the barbell squats if you want to build massive legs.
Is Bowflex Worth It?
Based on hundreds of reviews of Bowflex, it is a very popular product on Amazon. It is among the most suggested strength training equipment available today.
This Bowflex Gym is a powerful compact machine for anyone who wants to have strength training at home. With the help of it, you will be able to tone and strengthen all muscles, lose weight and even increase your cardio. You can choose from a wide range of exercises and suitable for anyone at different fitness level. However, I do not suggest it for pro users since, they may find it too easy to use. For bodybuilding it is better to use free weights.
There are other versions. Check out our reviews on Bowflex home gyms here to find the comparison of Bowflex PR3000 vs Bowflex PR1000 and other machines for sale.
Did you find this Bowflex Blaze review useful? Share with your friends!
Are you interested in Bowflex Blaze alternatives?
Last update on 2021-10-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API