If you like me who do not like running but know cardiovascular exercises are necessary to burn calories and be healthy, then cardio kickboxing is for you! This type of activity is the ultimate way to shape your body, and it has many other advantages. There is a reason fighters look so perfectly.
In this post, you will find everything you need to know how to start if you are a beginner, its benefits and find the best cardio kickboxing workouts you can do at home.
Benefits of Cardio Kickboxing Exercises
- It is a total body workout that engages all the muscles groups. You also need to do complex moves. It leads to efficient calorie burning since your body needs a lot of energy. If you want to burn fat this activity is the way to go.
- With it you can strengthen and tighten each of the muscles of your body.
- It is perfect for improving your cardiovascular system. Making your heart and lung healthy.
- Do you live a stressful life? Get rid of it with it! Those punches and kicks release stress like nothing else.
- You can do it at home since no equipment is required. Although, by using a bag you can boost the efficiency of your workouts.
- Are you bored with running? You will not be with kickboxing.
- It is one of the best exercises to develop your endurance.
- Perfect for both men and women.
Are You a Beginner? Learn the Basics
It seems to be a simple activity, isn’t it? We just need to punch and kick here and there. But if you want to get superb results, then you have to learn those motions.
The basic punches are the jab, cross, hook and uppercuts. There are higher and lower kicks and knees. To get the most from your workouts and do various combinations you should learn how to do these moves correctly.
Within the following video, you can learn them.
Other Tips to Boost Your Kickbox Cardio Workouts
- Find music with good rhythm. For example, I listen to classic rap songs during my boxing workouts making my routine more continuous and my combinations more efficient. Find music that motivates you and help to keep the intense of your workouts.
- Do jump roping if you do not like running. Jump roping increase your endurance and develop your rhythm.
- As you get better at kickboxing, invest into a heavy bag. There is a big difference between hitting the air or the something hard. A heavy bag boosts your workout routine, and it is more exciting.
Now, you know the whys and hows so here are the best cardio kickboxing routines.
Kickboxing Workout For Beginners
Let’s start with a shorter routine to learn the key moves. Within this video skipping rope move is combined with the basic kick and punch combinations. Perfect for you in case you have not done this type of training before.
25 Minute Cardio Interval Workout
This is a bit more intensive routine in which more complex combinations are used, but that is why it is going to burn more fat! And that is what you want, don’t you?
37 Minute Fat Melting Kickboxing Routine with Abs Exercises
For most if us the hardest is to get rid of that stubborn belly fat. This routine is the cure for that. In 30 minutes you are going to burn a lot of calories plus because of the added core exercises, you will shape your belly as well.
Kickboxing Workout with Light Dumbbells
If you are at a better fitness level, and you are familiar with the punches, kicks and combos, then it is time to use light dumbbells to add extra resistance. This routine helps not only to burn tons of calories but strengthen each of your muscles.
Cardio Kickboxing Heavy Bag Workout
This video demonstrates that how better is to train with a heavy bag. Plus, you can hear the instructions of the trainer.
What is next?
It is your turn now to start training. No matter if your aim is to lose weight, be stronger or develop your endurance this type of workout is going to help reach your goal.
Did you like these cardio kickboxing workouts? Share with your friends.
Last update on 2017-08-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API