If you like me who do not like running but know cardiovascular exercises are necessary to burn calories and be healthy, then cardio kickboxing is for you! This type of activity is the ultimate way to shape your body, and it has many other advantages. There is a reason fighters look so perfectly.
In this post, you will find everything you need to know how to start if you are a beginner, its benefits and find the best cardio kickboxing workout at home for you.
Cardio kickboxing training workout benefits
- It is a total body workout that engages all the muscles groups. You also need to do complex moves. It leads to efficient calorie burning since your body needs a lot of energy. If you want to melt fat this activity is the way to go.
- With it you can strengthen and tighten each of the muscles of your body.
- It is perfect for improving your cardiovascular system. Making your heart and lung healthy.
- Do you live a stressful life? Get rid of it with it! Those punches and kicks release stress like nothing else.
- You can do it at home since no equipment is required. Although, by using a bag you can boost the efficiency of your workouts.
- Are you bored with running? You will not be with kickboxing fitness.
- It is one of the best exercises to develop your endurance.
- Perfect for both men and women.
Equipment for kickboxing heavy bag workout at home
Learn more: Buying guide for boxing bags.
Learn the fundamental kickboxing moves for beginners
It seems to be a simple activity, isn’t it? We just need to punch and kick here and there. But if you want to get superb results, then you have to learn those motions.
The basic punches are the jab, cross, hook and uppercuts. There are higher and lower kicks and knees. To get the most from your workouts and do various combinations you should learn how to do these moves correctly.
Within the following video, you can learn kickboxing techniques for beginners.
Other tips to boost your kickboxing workout routine
- Find music with good rhythm. For example, I listen to classic rap songs during my boxing cardio workouts making my routine more continuous and my combinations more efficient. Find music that motivates you and help to keep the intense of your workouts.
- Do jump roping if you do not like running. Jump roping increase your endurance and develop your rhythm.
- As you get better at kickboxing fitness, invest into a heavy bag. There is a big difference between hitting the air or the something hard. A heavy punching bag boosts your training, and it is more exciting.
Now, you know the whys and hows so here are the best cardio kickboxing routines.
Recommended: How to build your home boxing gym.
Kickboxing at home for beginners
Let’s start with a shorter routine to study the key moves. Within this video skipping rope move is combined with the basic kick and punch combinations. Perfect for you in case you have not done this type of training before.
25 Minute cardio interval workout
This is a bit more intensive routine in which more complex combinations are used, but that is why it is going to melt more fat! And that is what you want, don’t you?
37 minute fat melting kickboxing routine with abs exercises
For most if us the hardest is to get rid of that stubborn belly fat. This routine is the cure for that. In 30 minutes you are going to get rid of a lot of calories plus because of the added core exercises, you will shape your belly as well.
Kickboxing exercises with light dumbbells
If you are at a better fitness level, and you are familiar with the punches, kicks and combos, then it is time to use light dumbbells to add extra resistance. This routine helps not only to burn tons of calories but strengthen each of your muscles.
Cardio kickboxing workout with bag
This video demonstrates that how better is to train with a heavy bag. Plus, you can hear the instructions of the trainer that helps to learn the kickboxing combos on bag.
More kickboxing circuit ideas
What is next?
It is your turn now to start training. No matter if your aim is to lose weight, be stronger or develop your endurance this type of workout is going to help reach your goal. I hope this guide help you to learn how to kickbox at home.
Did you like these cardio kickboxing workouts? Share with your friends.
Last update on 2021-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API