If you have ever seen athletes starting their training, one thing that each of them do is warming up. There is good reason for that. Warming up is crucial not just to avoid injuries but it has several other benefits as well.
What are the benefits of cardio warm up?
- It increases the temperature of the body and with that the muscles. This leads to better strength, speed and reduces the possibility of having injuries.
- While warming up not only your muscles but your joints are activated. So, you will be able to do a full range of motion which is vital for efficient working out.
- Your blood vessels also dilate, and the heart rate raises so that the oxygen-rich blood can flow easier to the muscles.
- For me, it is a sort of mental preparation for the workout. I plan what I’m going to do and how. I imagine the complete training.
- While you do it, various hormonal processes start that are responsible for controlling the energy production.
Now you know why it is important. No matter if you do strength or cardio training start your routine with it.Recommended: How to Avoid Workout Injuries
Of course, it does not have to be long. 5-10 minutes is enough, especially if you do a cardio warm up. A few simple bodyweight exercises will do. No equipment is required.
Here are a few a routines with the best cardio warm up exercises.
5 minute warm up exercises
A simple 5 minute cardio warm up including running in place, squats, front kicks, inch worm and some light stretches. It will prepare your entire body.
7 Minute Total Body Warm Up Cardio
A bit longer cardio warm up routine that can be good as a quick cardio workout as well. You will not need any equipment for it as well.
Easy Low Impact Routines
If you need something not so intensive than this routine is for you.
And here is another routine from fitnessblender.
More warm up cardio exercises
Finally, here are a few more exercises you can do.
I hope you liked these cardio warm up ideas. The next time you want to train, pick one of them. You will see how better your workout will be.
Did you like these warm up exercise routines? Share with your friends.