If coconut oil is healthy or not is one of the most discussed topics in the healthy eating world. Someone says it is bad because it contains saturated fatty acids while others say it is one of the healthiest oils to cook with.
I’m on that side who say it is healthy, and the reason is simple. Just have a look at those tropical countries where this it is mostly used for cooking. They are lean and healthy. And once they turn to other oils to cook with the well-known problems such as obesity and other related diseases appear.
On top of that, several studies have proved the health benefits of coconut oil.
On the other hand, I have to warn you to only purchase organic extra virgin coconut oil! There are refined, processed products that have lost a lot from their nutritional value.
Here are the main reasons why it is so healthy and why you should use it instead of others.
It doesn’t turn to fat
The biggest problem with other common oils such as the vegetable ones is that they force your body to store fat. It is because they are built up from long-chain triglycerides (LCT). The problem with LCT is that they are turned to fat in your body quickly.
It boosts your metabolism
Just like olive, it also increases the metabolism of your body. It is one of the greatest natural metabolism boosters. As you probably know higher metabolic rate supports fat loss because your body can break up nutrients faster and more efficiently. It burns more calories, and that leads to weight and fat loss.
As it was mentioned before it contains medium-chain triglycerides that can be converted to energy fast. During this process, a lot of heat is generated.
A study has proved that MCT burn three times more calories than LCT.
As it contains beneficial fats and easy to absorb, it gives a lot of energy and boosts your metabolism. The best is that you do not gain weight while you can enjoy all these benefits. It supports weight loss efficiently.
Natural Skin and Hair Medicine
It is not only an optimal choice for cooking, but it also helps to keep your skin and hair healthy. It is a natural treatment for skin problems. It also protects your skin since it contains various antioxidants plus vitamin E. It makes your skin smooth, and it can be used for massage.[easy-tweet tweet=”I use it as a moisturizer. I put it in my hair when I want a kind of greasy look. – Lykke Li” user=”@fitbodybuzz”]
Best for Cooking
The problem with other oils for cooking is that if they are heated and they reach a high temperature, several harmful chemicals are generated which can cause diseases such as cancer.
It has very high smoke point, higher than olive, which means it keeps its healthy structure even if it is heated to high temperature. You can cook a lot of types of foods with it.
Buy organic extra virgin coconut oil
- Sourced From Fresh Coconuts for Added Potency - Our oil is sourced from coconuts grown in the fertile volcanic soil of the Philippines. The soil imbues our oil with compounds that support skin, hair, and immunity.
- Purest Form Preserves Nutrients - Each jar is unrefined, organic, and cold-pressed in order to preserve MCTs, silky texture, and pleasant tropical aroma of the coconut.
- Sourced From Fresh Coconuts for Added Potency - Our oil is sourced from coconuts grown in the fertile volcanic soil of the Philippines. The soil imbues our oil with compounds that support skin, hair, and immunity
- Purest Form Preserves Nutrients - Each jar is unrefined, organic, and cold-pressed in order to preserve MCTs, silky texture, and pleasant tropical aroma of the coconut. Free of pesticides, bleach, hexane and trans fats
- Pure, cold-pressed, organic, non-GMO extra virgin coconut oil, Non-GMO Project Verified
- USDA Certified Organic, unrefined, unbleached, hexane-free and gluten-free
These are just a few health benefits of consuming coconut oil. I think it is the safest oil to cook with and it is a real superfood. If you want to lose weight and enjoy its benefits, include it in your diet.Did you like this post? Share with your friends!
Last update on 2018-10-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API