If coconut oil is healthy or not is one of the most discussed topics in the healthy eating world. Someone says it is bad because it contains saturated fatty acids while others say it is one of the healthiest oils to cook with.
I’m on that side who say it is healthy, and the reason is simple. Just have a look at those tropical countries where this it is mostly used for cooking. They are lean and healthy. And once they turn to other oils to cook with the well-known problems such as obesity and other related diseases appear.
On top of that, several studies have proved the health benefits of coconut oil.
On the other hand, I have to warn you to only purchase organic extra virgin coconut oil! There are refined, processed products that have lost a lot from their nutritional value.
Here are the main reasons why it is so healthy and why you should use it instead of others.
It doesn’t turn to fat
The biggest problem with other common oils such as the vegetable ones is that they force your body to store fat. It is because they are built up from long-chain triglycerides (LCT). The problem with LCT is that they are turned to fat in your body quickly.
It boosts your metabolism
Just like olive, it also increases the metabolism of your body. It is one of the greatest natural metabolism boosters. As you probably know higher metabolic rate supports fat loss because your body can break up nutrients faster and more efficiently. It burns more calories, and that leads to weight and fat loss.
As it was mentioned before it contains medium-chain triglycerides that can be converted to energy fast. During this process, a lot of heat is generated.
A study has proved that MCT burn three times more calories than LCT.
As it contains beneficial fats and easy to absorb, it gives a lot of energy and boosts your metabolism. The best is that you do not gain weight while you can enjoy all these benefits. It supports weight loss efficiently.
Natural Skin and Hair Medicine
It is not only an optimal choice for cooking, but it also helps to keep your skin and hair healthy. It is a natural treatment for skin problems. It also protects your skin since it contains various antioxidants plus vitamin E. It makes your skin smooth, and it can be used for massage.[easy-tweet tweet=”I use it as a moisturizer. I put it in my hair when I want a kind of greasy look. – Lykke Li” user=”@fitbodybuzz”]
Best for Cooking
The problem with other oils for cooking is that if they are heated and they reach a high temperature, several harmful chemicals are generated which can cause diseases such as cancer.
It has very high smoke point, higher than olive, which means it keeps its healthy structure even if it is heated to high temperature. You can cook a lot of types of foods with it.
Buy organic extra virgin coconut oil
- RAW COCONUT OIL: Our unrefined coconut oils are not hydrogenated, bleached, refined, or deodorized
- ORGANIC COCONUT OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, RAW, Certified Vegan, Pareve MK Kosher, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- MADE FROM FRESH, ORGANIC COCONUTS - Cold-pressed from fresh, organic coconuts, Viva Naturals Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil delivers rich flavor and aroma that's nutrient rich and naturally delicious.
- PERFECT FOR COOKING, FRYING & SPREADING - With a naturally high smoke point (350°F/177°C), coconut oil is perfect for baking, frying and sautéing. Spread it on muffins or toast for a delightful and delicious alternative to butter.
- NATURALLY EXTRACTED and NUTRIENT DENSE: Nutiva's all-natural cold press extraction process yields a pure, light-tasting, nutrient-rich oil containing 63% medium chain triglycerides and 50% lauric acid without the use of dangerous and harmful chemicals, hexane, or heat.
- PREMIUM DIET COMPATIBILITY: Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil is an ideal addition to vegetarian, vegan, raw, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets.
These are just a few health benefits of consuming coconut oil. I think it is the safest oil to cook with and it is a real superfood. If you want to lose weight and enjoy its benefits, include it in your diet.Did you like this post? Share with your friends!
Last update on 2019-04-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API