A commercial sit up bench is an enhanced version of a traditional ab bench mainly made for commercial gyms. That means they have higher weight capacity, more robust frame, more durable cushion, and maybe more adjustments. But, because of these enhanced features, they cost more. Sometimes twice as much as the standard items. If you get one for home use, you will surely enjoy it for a long time without any problems.
Within this post, I will review and compare 5 commercial sit up benches that users like.
1. XMark XM-7608 Adjustable Decline Ab Workout Bench
- ADJUSTABLE: With 12 levels of decline adjustment on a 43 inch rail using a pop-pin and a leg holder, XMark’s top-of-the-line Adjustable Ab Bench will target your ab muscles and challenge anyone from fitness novices to the most dedicated of athletes
- CONVENIENCE: Features a bullhorn handlebar for easier and safer mounting and dismounting of the ab bench. Rear transport wheels make moving this bench a breeze. Easily position it in any area of your workout space or roll it out for easy storing
The XM-7608 adjustable sit up bench has 12 positions of decline settings thanks to the 43 inches long rail. Hence, it’s suitable for beginners as well as advanced athletes. You can adjust the angle of the board with the help of a pop-pin.
The sit up board is padded with 3 inches thick Duraguard vinyl cushion, which is durable and moisture resistant. Hence, the board gives a comfortable feeling for the back while doing sit ups. The ankle support and the knee holder is also thickly padded with 8 inches by 4.33-inch foam roller pads fixing the leg conveniently.
The Xmark Fitness XM-7608 has a robust framework made of 11-gauge steel, making it a very sturdy piece. The maximum volume is 500 lbs, so it’s suitable for weighted sit up bench exercises.
- 12 adjustments
- High maximum user weight
- Comfortable leg rollers and backrest
- Sturdy steel build for durability
- Good for all level of fitness
- Reverse crunch handle
- Not folding design for storage and needs space.
The Xmark XM-7608 is a high-end bench that is comfortable and versatile. It’s a perfect decision for an abs workout.
2. Titan Fitness Adjustable Decline Bench
This Titan Fitness bench is multifunctional equipment that you can use as a workout bench for flat and incline exercises like the bench press. But, you can use it as an adjustable sit up bench as well.
It has an adjustable seat (7 posts) and backrest (10 posts). When you want to do incline ab exercises such as chest presses, you raise the seat up and adjust the board to the required position. A great feature is that the seat can be changed over horizontal, so you don’t slip off while exercising. Also, the leg support attachment is removable, so it won’t disturb your incline and flat bench workouts.
When you want to do decline sit ups, you adjust the seat to flat and backrest to required resistance and fix your feet and knees between the foot rollers. Since there are 10 locations, everyone can find a suitable degree angle.
The manufacturer also included a gap pad with the machine. A typical problem with adjustable workout benches is the gap between the seat and the backrest when we set the bench into a flat position. With this useful attachment, we can get rid of it, so we can lie on it comfortably.
The Titan Fitness decline bench is very sturdy and stable construction. Unlike other products on the market, it has a double frame. So, it doesn’t wobble even if you exercise at a high decline angle.
Not just the special design makes it a commercial bench, but its high weight limit. The maximum load it can handle safely is 600 lbs. So, it’s the right option for heavy lifters and professional athletes.
- Very versatile (exercise bench and adjustable ab bench)
- Robust and stable
- High weight limit
- Easy adjustments
- Easy transportation
Summary: Reviews say that Titan Fitness is an excellent alternative to the Rogue AB-3 Adjustable bench. But it costs less than half of it. It’s a versatile bench for all kinds of strength training and ab workouts.
3. Body-Solid SAB500 Proclubline Ab Bench
- DESIGN: Four-point base eliminates any rocking that can occur during workouts while transport wheels and handle make moving the bench a breeze
- ADJUSTABLE: Gas-assisted adjustments (0 to 35 degrees) make transitions between exercises both painless and fast
This Body Solid commercial ab bench is made for heavy daily usage and has a compact footprint. Hence, it’s a good choice for small commercial or home gyms.
The oval frame is made of 11-gauge 2″x4″ steel making it an incredibly sturdy item.
What makes it outstanding from the classic items is the four-point base that eliminates any rocking. It’s a typical problem that they move to sides more or less during the workouts.
Also, it has gas-assisted adjustment that makes the setting of the ab board convenient and fast.
The foam rollers and the board is covered with extra thick and dense Durafirm upholstery that keep your back and your feet at the right place while exercising.
- Easy adjusting
- Very stable
- Lengthy, suitable for tall guys
- Comfortable and ergonomic
- Transportation wheels and handle
To sum up: The Body Solid Club Ab Crunch Bench is a professional piece of equipment with a commercial warranty. It features everything that is required for a convenient and complete core workout.
4. Valor Fitness DF-1 Adjustable Decline/Flat Bench
- HEAVY-DUTY- Constructed of heavy-duty solid steel for strength and stability throughout the frame Steel frame measures 4” x 2”and 2” x 2”
- HIGH-DENSITY PADDING- Dual-layered, 3” thick, vinyl padding can withstand intense stress during workouts. Back pad measures 50.5” long and tapers from 16” to 10” allowing the shoulder blades to be free from obstruction during bench presses.
Valor Fitness DF-1 is a multifunctional workout bench that you can use for weight lifting and abdominal exercises.
It’s a very robust abdominal bench made of 4” x 2” and 2” x 2” heavy-duty steel frame. Plus, it has a double structure, which makes the sit up machine stable and robust. The maximum limit is 750 pounds.
We can adjust the board in 14 positions included flat. Hence, we can perform a wide range of strength training exercises with a barbell or dumbbells. Also, we can choose from many positions for decline ab bench exercises. When the bench is set to flat, it’s 21 inches from the ground, which is the optimal height for bench pressing.
Instead of foot rollers, it has a contoured angle behind the knees with shin support that provides a more comfortable and natural state for the legs. This way, we can target the abdominal muscles better.
The back pad is 50 inches long and tapers from 16 inches to 10. So, it’s lengthy enough for taller guys and gives more room for the shoulder blades during chest presses. The high density cushioning is 3 inches thick, supporting the back.
Not just the heavy-duty mainframe, but the off-the-ground rubber caps make Valor Fitness DF-1 a very stable decline bench.
- Very high capacity
- 14 adjustments including flat
- Ergonomic feet/knee holder
- Negative reviews on poor assembly instruction
Bottom line: DF-1 is a light commercial sit up bench that is versatile, comfortable, and sturdy. Considering its price and features, it’s an excellent purchase.
5. Fitness Reality X-Class Light Commercial Multi-Workout Abdominal/Hyperextension Bench
- Set Up Dimensions: 64” L x 28.8” W x 35” H; 36”L x 8-12”W tapered bench with 2.5” thick medium density foam
- 1 flat and 3 decline bench adjustments and 14 thigh support cushion height adjustments
The Fitness Reality bench is promoted as a light commercial item, but I think it’s better to get it for home. It’s a 3 in 1 exercise equipment which can be used as a weight, ab, hyperextension bench. But, because of that, it has limits.
When we want to use it as a decline sit up bench, we can choose only from 4 positions, flat and 3 declines. So, the resistance choice is limited.
With the hyperextension section, we can do 45-degree back extensions. The thigh support can be adjusted in 14 positions to find the optimal level to your height.
Since the maximum capacity is 650 lbs and there is a flat option, we can use it as a weight bench as well.
The bench is 36 inches long, with 8-12 inches tapering width. The manufacturer claims that it’s for people between 5′ to 6’4, but I think the board is short for such tall people.
The decline bench features broad stabilizers and rubber caps at the ends, so users experience just minimal wobbling.
- Affordable price
- High limit
- Easy to assemble
- Few adjustments
Verdict: I recommend the Fitness Reality X-Class bench for people who need reliable and versatile workout equipment for home. Without a doubt, it isn’t a professional slant board, but because of its versatility, it’s worth considering.
I tried to give reviews on commercial sit up benches in different price ranges. If you are a gym owner, you’d better pick a model that is more expensive as they come with an extended warranty. If you need an item for your home gym, you can get a cheaper model, which is still much better than the typical ab benches.
Last update on 2021-04-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API