Last Updated on
In my opinion, the cookie diet is one of the best ringing weight loss plan. Who else does not like cookies? However, this is just another excellent business idea which uses the desire of people to lose weight. At the end of the post, you will understand why this is far not the most optimal way to lose weight.
What is it?
It refers to a low-calorie diet based on meal replacement in the form of a specially formulated cookie. There are a number of cookie diets currently on the market, such as the Smart for Dr. Siegal’s, Hollywood and others. All require 4 to 6 cookies per day, sometimes in addition to other food, such as one meal of six ounces of meat in the case of the Siegal diet.
The low calories mean only 800-1000 calories per day. The basic idea is to have the specially-made cookies, which are high in protein, for each of the meals except dinner. The aim is to control the calories with cookies throughout the day. For dinner, dieters can consume ordinary foods, but they should be rich in protein.
There are several versions of this regime.
What I think about it
The problem is that you should eat the products of the manufacturer, and all the elements are not revealed. Anyways, they say 60% of the ingredients are natural. But what about the other 40%? What are those? How much fiber, protein, carbohydrates and other nutrients those products contain?
Another, for me strange thing is that, this sort of meal plan does not recommend eating fruits, and only a little vegetables daily. Where the heck can we get the vitamins, fiber and minerals and other useful nutrients if not from veggies and fruits? These are crucial for proper nutrition. It is one of the reasons I would never follow this plan. However, they recommend taking vitamins and other supplements.
It is also advised to get 1000 calories or less per day. That is nothing! The idea behind such few calories it is that the body will burn those extra pounds in order to get the energy, which is true, but only for a short time. Yes, you can lose weight, but you will not enjoy it for long! Why? Since, your body simply starves the level of the metabolism is slowed down which causes weight gain.
And, what a boring diet is this? Who wants to eat the same things day by day, over and over again? I know there are various ones with different tastes, but they are still cookies!! I also have to mention that packs for a month are pretty expensive. Depending on the products they cost from $100 to $200 per month.
There are far better plans which let us consume delicious, healthy foods that support weight loss and contain all the goodies that the body needs.
Finally, there is no need to do any exercises to achieve weight loss. It is maybe good news for many people, but in my opinion for long term weight loss regular working out is crucial, not to mention its health benefits.
But, I’m not alone with my opinion, other cookie diet reviews are also rather negative (unless they are told by marketers.)Related: There are far healthier ways to lose weight, read the following posts.
- The Best Weight Loss Tips That Are Easy to Follow
- Tricks That Will Speed Up Your Metabolism
- Best Foods that Boost Metabolism
I’m not the fan of low-calories and regimes which suggest me to eat the same things over and over again. And if it does not provide the right quality and quantity of nutrients for my body, I keep myself far away from it.
Overall, the cookie diet plan can bring short success, you may drop some pounds, but since it has numerous side effects, I would not recommend them. I may have been too critical of it, but this is how I feel. However, it inspired me to make my healthy biscuits for snacking.
Here is a nice recipe about how to make diet cookies easily, but if you still interested in you can find cookie diet recipes online.
Did you like this post? Share with your friends.
Short Term Weight Loss
Long Term Weight Loss
Easy to Follow
Because of the lack of nutrients, works for short time and boring.
User Review( votes)