Almonds are not only delicious but also among the healthiest foods. It can be entitled as a superfood. As you can see from the nutritional facts below it is rich in essential minerals, dietary fiber, vitamins, and protein. A handful of almonds is an excellent source of nutrients.
However, keep in mind that it is rich in calories since it is high in fatty acids. I usually have them as a snack.
Below you can learn the nutritional value of this nut.
Primary Benefits of Almonds
- It is rich in vitamin E which is an antioxidant. It helps to prevent cancer, heart diseases and does good for your skin and hair. An interesting fact is that 50 grams contain more than the recommended daily intake of vitamin E.
- It also holds a lot of magnesium that is essential for the proper function of the nervous system, and it supports muscle contraction. If you feel tired and sleepy, you may have magnesium deficiency. Consuming almonds regularly may help. Having enough magnesium is especially vital if you workout frequently and live a hectic life.
- It also contains a lot of calcium which is required for your bones and health of the teeth, but also takes place in other body processes.
- The large quantity of fiber is another reason it is so healthy. Fiber supports your digestive and cardiovascular system, and it is even good against cancer. Besides, fiber-rich foods help to feel yourself satisfied for a longer time. This way you consume less food, and that can lead to weight loss.
- Potassium is another mineral that we have to mention. It regulates the fluid balance and blood pressure and required for the proper nervous system functioning.
- Finally, it contains a pretty lot of iron that is needed for blood generation.
Watch the video below to learn more about the health benefits of almonds.
As you see almonds are one for the healthiest foods, and frequent consumption is suggested.
You can also buy almond oil that contains the same nutrients. This type of oil is not for frying, but it is better for making salads. In the shops, you can also buy almond butter as well which is a great peanut butter alternative.
I have this magic nut raw because I like the taste of it, but it can be used in several ways. Here is a list of the best healthy almond recipes.
Non-GMO. All supreme size, high in protein, calcium and zinc
Did you like this post? Share with your friends.