There is no question that bananas are among the most popular fruits in the world. Fortunately, since there are several health benefits of bananas.
In my opinion, it is the most delicious fruits even if we eat it raw, but we can use it to make several other healthy foods and drinks. It is my favorite snack, and whenever I have a feeling I must eat something good now, I have one.
Why are bananas should be in your diet?
First, check the nutritional benefits of bananas below to learn what sorts of components it is rich in.
As you see from the banana nutrition facts above, it is high in potassium which is a powerful mineral to control the blood pressure.
It is also high in dietary fiber which is one of the most useful nutrient for the digestive system. Fiber helps us to feel ourselves satisfied longer and this prevent us for having something else. This way consuming bananas for weight loss works.
However, the amount calories in one banana is about 100, so if you eat too many you can easily take in more calories than you want.
It has ultra high level of vitamin B-6. This vitamin is important for the digestive, cardiovascular, immune, muscle and nervous system. As you see by consuming only one, you can take in the 20% of your daily vitamin B6 dose.
Finally, it is low in fats and sugar, it contains a good amount of magnesium and other beneficial vitamins and minerals.
Why are bananas good for you?
- Since it is high in potassium, it is a natural cure for high blood pressure.
- A recent study has proved that eating one banana per a day reduce the possibility of asthma by 34%.
- Because of its high vitamin and fiber content it lowers the risk of cancer, especially colon cancer.
- As it was mentioned before it is high in vitamin B-6 which is great for the cardiovascular system. It also contains fiber, potassium. All of them are powerful nutrients to prevent various heart diseases.
- It holds an amino acid called tryptophan which is beneficial for the brain functioning. It assists to increase your memory and get rid of the bad mood. It is a natural cure against depression.
- Rich in pectin that supports digestion.
- Eating bananas can also help to increase the number of the useful bacteria in your stomach. It is a sort of prebiotic.
- A good source of antioxidants. It means it gives protection against free radicals.
- It controls your blood sugar.
More benefits of eating bananas daily in the video.
How to eat it
You can enjoy the banana health benefits the best if you eat them as they are, but there are thousands of meals and drinks out there. Personally, I’m a great fan of smoothies and other shakes.
It is obvious that the banana is among the most powerful superfoods. Consume one or two daily and you make a huge step forward healthy eating.
Related: Find more superfoods here
It is so good that even rabbits eat it instead of carrots. 🙂
Did you like this post? Share with your friends.