Last Updated on
If you want to burn fat and improve your endurance HIIT cardio workouts are the best choice.
There are several benefits of doing high intensity interval training, especially if you want to get rid of body fat.
- Several studies have proved that this type of workout is the most efficient way to burn body fat. Most of the people who does high intensity cardio workouts regularly lose 2-3% body fat within some weeks. And if it is combined with proper diet the weight loss results are astonishing.
- Other studies have proved HIIT programs keep the fat burning processes 24 hours after finishing the training. The reason is that high interval workouts increase the metabolism of the body drastically. And this high metabolic state lasts for almost a day.
- A study has also proved that HIIT cardio exercises support fat loss better than other activities because it burns more fat cells to provide the energy for the body.
- Intensive exercising is also beneficial for lean muscle building since it raises the amount of hormones in the body that are responsible for muscle growth. It also builds strength and improves the condition.
- Finally, we must not forget about the cardiovascular benefits. It is great to develop your lung and heart.
How to get the most from your workout? Here is a quote from the book HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training Explained
What should already have been made clear is that for HIIT to work to its full potential, you really do have to give it everything you have during the high intensity periods of your HIIT workout. Giving it everything should obviously equate to 100% of your maximal heart rate!
― James Driver
What is a good HIIT workout routine?
It comes with high intensity cardio exercises that work the entire body at once. Hence, they are pretty hard to perform. This way your heart and breath will be high since all the muscles are working.
In order to get the most from the regimen do not recover totally between the sets. That means you should rest a bit to slow your breath and heart rate, but not entirely. Be as fast and possible but perform the movements correctly.
Here I have collected some HIIT workout examples that I have already tried and suitable for both men and women. You can also make your circuit based on the tips above. You can find bodyweight cardio programs and ones that need equipment in order to increase the resistance.
HIIT cardio workout plan examples
1. Fat burning high intensity workout
I would like to start with this video from fitnessblender.com. In this video the most efficient bodyweight exercises are combined such as burpees, squats, jumping jacks, etc. However, these moves are modified a bit for better results. This routine is about 25 minutes long.
2. 15 Min at home fat burner
A 15 minute intense routine from Brandon Carter improving the core and the explosiveness of your body. High jumping, planks, mountain climbers, push-ups and other efficient bodyweight exercises are added.
3. HIIT cardio running | Sprinting, jogging, walking combo
There is no question that these healthy activities are beneficial for developing the cardiovascular system and burning calories. By combining them, we can multiply their benefits.
4. Workouts for belly fat loss
Do you want to get rid of your belly fat? Then, these routines are for you as in these videos more abdominal exercises are involved. Both routines are longer, but you can do them at home since no equipment is needed.
5. Burn 1000 calories with HIIT and kickboxing
Are you searching for a real fat melting HIIT cardio program? Then, this one-hour one is for you. Yes, with the help of it you can burn approximately 1000 calories! It is the one I sometimes do these days between my weight training days. You can use equipment optionally to increase the resistance.
6. Tabata high-intensity cardio workout
My wife’s favorite program with the best compound exercises such as high knees, burpees, mountain climbers and squats. You can do it with or without a dumbbell if you are a beginner.
7. The living room fat blaster
Switch off the TV, turn on great music and start working out in your living room.
8. HIIT treadmill routine
Treadmill can be a useful equipment to do high-intensity workouts, here is an example.
9. Total body workout with light dumbbells
Using light weights for high-intensity interval training makes it even more efficient, However, spend enough time with warming up and stretching before starting to avoid injuries.
Here is another one.
10. HIIT workout at home for beginners
A quick 10 minute training for those who have not done similar workouts before. You can decide your own intensity.
Now it is your turn to pick one routine. If you want to lose weight, burn fat or just want to improve your general condition any of these regimens can be done. If you are a beginner pick a shorter one and gradually make longer training. Always spend time with warming up and stretching before and cooling down as well. I will add more intense HIIT cardio workout routines here that I tried.
Did you like these cardio HIIT workouts? Share with your friends!