Don’t you have time going to the gym or even a piece of equipment at home such as pull up bar to strengthen your back? No problem! You will learn some practical bodyweight exercises that you can do on the floor so that you can have a complete back workout.
You are maybe skeptical now if it is enough, but if you do the following training with rather high reps, you will surely feel the burn in your back muscles.
Check out the video
Bodyweight back exercises without equipment
- Shoulder twist: Try to twist your upper body and pull your elbows (shoulder blades) as backward as possible. It works your lower back because you have to lift yourself up from the floor. But, also your lats and obliques because you have twist your body to the sides.
- Kneeling shoulder twist: Because of kneeling, we can focus more on the upper back. But, since you are in an almost plank position, it also works your abs.
- Back extension with a towel: With the help of the cloth, we can drive the motion in a more controlled way. Try to pull your hands as backward as you can so that your lats work more. If you want to add more resistance to your training, you can use rubber bands instead.
- Superman: Without a doubt, the best no equipment lower back exercise. To enjoy the maximum benefits lift your legs and upper body as hight possible for a lengthier range of motion. Try to keep your legs and arms straight.
- Walking reverse plank: This static exercise strengthens your rare shoulders, triceps, core, and upper back. It is vital to keep your back as straight as possible.
- Walking plank: Mainly works your midsection but since you have to hold your weight it works your upper back, shoulders, and chest.
- Dog to cobra: An excellent compound exercise that works all most all the muscles of the body. It is not easy, and you have to go as deep as possible. Your back is activated both in the pulling and pushing phase.
Related: Best back exercises for lats at home
About the home back workout
The number of reps is rather high 15-20, so at the end of a set, you will surely feel the burn in your muscles. Obviously, if you are a beginner have fewer repetitions. The number of sets depends on your fitness level, but I suggest to do 2-3 rounds. 2-3 times a week will do.
Note: If you are searching for a back fat workout, then this plan may help. However, for burning fat, you need to follow a healthy diet and do cardio training instead so that to get a calorie deficit.
I hope you like this no equipment home back workout, try it. You will see it is much harder than it seems. It is particularly great for beginners. Or someone who wants to start bodyweight training and he needs progressive exercises to build strength.