Many of my buddies have asked me what is the best way to burn belly fat. Before telling them my secrets I always ask them what do they think. Typically, the answer is “We should do a lot of abdominal exercises!”
And when I say them it is almost the least important factor, they are skeptic. You are maybe skeptic now, too.
From this post, you will discover advice on how to burn belly fat, and you will understand why ab workouts are not as essential as they seem to be!
- 1 What are the causes of belly fat?
- 2 How to eat to burn stomach fat – Healthy eating Advice
- 3 What are the best exercises that burn belly fat
- 4 Best ab exercises to get rid of belly fat
- 5 Keep Your Mind Healthy and Determined
What are the causes of belly fat?
In order to learn how to lose stomach fat, you should understand how it is made.
Whenever, you take in more calories that your body needs, it stores it, and that is how that stubborn stomach fat comes. Of course, there are a few other factors but this is the main reason.
Other reasons can be:
- Slow metabolism that can be cured by proper exercising and consuming the right types of foods.
- Your genes must be mentioned as well. All of us have various body types, and if you are an endomorph, you come with a wider waist and your body more likely to store fat.
- You consume unhealthy foods. What you eat is also crucial even if you do not take in more calories than your body needs. Processed products with no nutritional value are one of the main reasons of visceral fat. Several studies have proved that.
- Lack of physical activity and exercising. Regular working out boosts your metabolism and helps to burn calories, not to mention the several other health benefits. If you sit too much and do not move enough, you will hardly lose weight in the long term even if you are on a balanced diet plan.
- Stress. Many studies have proved that stress enhances abdominal fat generation.
- Not doing the right amount and types of exercises to lose belly fat. If you have abs workouts and cannot see results, you should consider replacing some of the moves you do with more efficient ones and change the number of reps and sets. Also, you should do fat burning aerobic exercises and resistance training to increase your muscle mass.
Why is belly fat dangerous?
Visceral or abdominal fat is one of the reasons for many well-known health problems. The problem is that it goes deep into the abdominal cavity getting between the organs. It causes metabolic problems, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
Below all these factors are broken down with tips to lose belly fat.
How to eat to burn stomach fat – Healthy eating Advice
Abs are made in the kitchen!
Well, I’m sure you have heard this statement thousands of times, but I have to say who made it was a genius. It is possible to reduce belly fat without exercise just by eating the right things and the right time.
- Never skip breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day. After getting up, your body needs nutrients and energy to start the day. But you should have a wholesome breakfast with protein, beneficial carbs, vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, and we must not forget about the intake of enough fluids.
- Have fiber rich meals. It is a proven fact that dietary fiber supports weight loss. Soluble fiber rich foods make you satisfied faster and for a longer time. This way you consume less food which means fewer calorie intake. Best sources are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Consume foods which are low in calories. Unfortunately, most of the foods we consume, especially the ones you buy, are high in bad carbohydrates and trans fats, not to mention the chemicals they contain. You can prepare low-calorie meals by boiling veggies and lean meat, but there are thousands of recipes out there.
- Drink enough water. Water has a lot of health benefits, and dehydration is one of the main reasons for common diseases. Furthermore, when we are thirsty we usually confuse thirst with hunger. Therefore, we eat something which means extra calories. Alternatively, you can drink green tea or homemade fruit juice.
- Eat more than 3 times a day. Having a healthy snack between the main meals helps to increase metabolism which supports calorie burning.
- Have healthy fats. As you probably know, there are good and bad fatty acids. The good ones are the unsaturated ones that can be found in olive oil or fish oil. Good ones have a lot of health benefits besides weight loss. You should avoid foods which are high in trans fat which is responsible for many illnesses such as heart diseases and visceral fat.
- Eat whole grains. Instead of having refined consume whole grains that are rich in beneficial carbs, fiber as well minerals.
- Drink the right things. If you desire to get rid of belly fat, forget soda and other sugar sweetened beverages, even most of the alcohols. They are high in calories because of the refined sugar and have no nutritional value. They are just pure calories. However, a glass of dry wine is OK.
- Eat more high protein rich foods. Most of us consume too much carb and fat, but not enough protein. This nutrient is harder to be broken down than other nutrients. Consequently, your body needs more energy. The best sources of protein are lean meat, legumes and see food. List of high protein foods.
- Eat more soups. Soups fill your tummy faster and usually lower in calories.
- Eat plenty of soluble fiber rich foods such as whole grains, fruits, veggies. They speed up your metabolism and satisfy you faster and longer.
- Don’t skip meals because your body switch to saving mode and slows the metabolism down.
- Don’t eat after dinner.
- Consume foods that are rich in calcium and Vitamin D such as low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Calcium increases the body temperature that leads to faster metabolism.
Recommended: Best 39 Foods That Burn Belly Fat
Finally, here is a list of foods that are especially beneficial to reduce excess belly fat.
Avoid Foods That Cause Belly Fat – The biggest enemies of fat loss
- Don’t drink much Alcohol
Most of the alcohol beverages hold a lot of calories in the way of refined carbs, particularly cocktails, beer, and short drinks. Switch to dry wine because it has the lowest calorie.
- Stop eating foods that are high in trans fat.
If you have most of your food from shops, I have bad foods for you. Those things are full of trans fat, which is the leading cause of belly fat and very unhealthy. Packaged foods and fast food are full of it.
- Avoid sugar-rich foods and sugary drinks.
Refined sugar is pure calorie with almost no nutritional value. And, packaged foods and fizzy drinks are full of it. If you have a big glass of soda, you take your daily recommended sugar intake.
What are the best exercises that burn belly fat
As I mentioned before the best way to burn tummy fat is to have a healthy diet and the second is exercising.
Firstly, I would like to ask you something.
Which burns more calories? 100 crunches or 4 miles walking?
Of course, walking burns more.
If would like to burn calories and with that fat you need to do cardio training (aerobic exercise). There are many efficient cardio workouts out there.
My favorite exercises for losing weight are walking, jogging and running. In the video below you can learn how many calories are burned with various activities.Recommended: List of good exercises to lose belly fat (HIIT)
Do resistance training (lift weights)
Lifting weight or doing bodyweight exercises, besides looking better, increase your muscle mass. The more muscle mass, you have the faster your metabolism is. Why? Because the muscle fibers require calories even if they do not work. I mean, for example when you rest. So, you burn calories even if you do nothing.
Best ab exercises to get rid of belly fat
From my experiences, most of the people still think that doing hundreds of crunches or sit ups work. Yes, maybe for those who already have lean midsection. But for most of not.
Your aim with abs exercises is to strengthen and tone your abdominal muscles; you can hardly burn fat with them (although there are a few moves which support that as well such as mountain climbers).
Here are some tips how to train your abs efficiently.
- Work your entire core. Your core is not just your rectus abdominis, but your lower back, internal and external obliques, and transversus abdominis. All of them must be trained. Thus you need to perform more types of exercises.
- Do core strength training in which you need to use your lower body such as different leg raises.
- Do compound movements, I mean those which do not only focus only on your abs but also you have to use more muscles. As a result, your body will burn more calories. Good ones are burpees, mountain climbers and standing core exercises.
- There is no need to train your abs every day as some fitness gurus recommend it. Those muscles need resting as well. Instead, focus more on your cardio workouts.
- Try more types of exercises with and without equipment and test which works you the best.
From the video below you can learn about 80 moves for abs.
Keep Your Mind Healthy and Determined
The final factors of losing body fat is about mental circumstances.
- Sleep enough! A recent study has revealed that even 30 minutes less sleeping can cause weight gain. The reason is that if we are tired and sleepy we want to compensate ourselves somehow and in most of the cases we eat something. In addition, lack of sleeping can cause many mental and physical problems. For example, your muscles cannot recover after working out.
- Avoid stress and depression. If we have mental problems, we want to get some happiness and eating is a great method for that. If you workout regularly it is an excellent way to get rid of this bad feeling, but yoga and meditation can also help. Increased stress hormone level has many negatives for health.
- Determination. If you wish to reduce the fat on your tummy and have a beautiful, ripped flat stomach, you have to work for it! Determine yourself that you will do your best to reach your goals, see yourself as if you have that great looking tummy. Never forget “Rome was not built in a day!” There a shortcuts like supplements but they will not work for long.
I hope these weight loss tips to burn belly fat will help you to reach your goals. It may seem to be overwhelming since there are many things you have to keep in mind. However, if you take these suggestions you will not only get rid of that stubborn stomach fat but also live a healthy lifestyle.
What do you think? What are the best natural ways for losing belly fat? Share your advice with us below.
Did you like this guide to how to lose belly fat naturally? Share with your friends.