If you want to be fit and healthy then proper nutrition is not the only thing you need to keep in mind. Do not forget about regular exercising! Dieting and regular physical activity should go hand in hand if you want to live a real healthy life.
If you have already started a diet, but you do not exercise, the next step is to begin it. At first start exercising at least three times a week, and your trainings should last for about 20-30 minutes. Then, gradually increase the intensity and the length to 40-50 minutes. Finally, have workouts 4-5 times a week.
The program can be anything you like doing. The aim is to move and increase your heart rate. It can be anything such as aerobic, running, cycling, walking, etc. If you have not done any exercising before you can try some in order to find the one or ones which suit you the best.
For beginners it is not easy to start, I know, but after some weeks you will be get used to it. Just keep going on and never give up! You are going to get the results!
I do not love to work out, but if I stick to exercising every day and put the right things in my mouth, then my diabetes just stays in check.
– Halle Berry
In order to motivate you, below I collected the short and long term benefits of working out.
- Regular exercise is a the best prevention against many heart diseases and diabetes.
- Your metabolism will be faster, and that supports weight loss. If you follow a healthy diet and train frequently, you will lose those pounds faster than you think.
- Studies have confirmed that it improves the immune system. I feel this on myself. I used to suffer a lot from common cold and flu, but I have not been ill for a year now even if I have workouts in cold outside.
- There are many mental benefits of exercise. It helps to boost your memory and to handle stress. For me, the treatment for stress is punching my heavy bag for half an hour.
- You will sleep better. Another benefit that I enjoy. I used to suffer from light insomnia, but these days I sleep deeply and I get up freshly in the mornings with full of energy.
- You are going to have toned, and more muscle mass. On top of that, the more muscle mass you have, the more calories you will burn during the activities which leads to weight loss. I agree with those who say it is almost impossible to build great looking body just by following a diet.
- You will burn more body fat. Aerobic exercise is the best way to get rid of the body fat which is responsible for many conditions.
- You will have more energy throughout the day.
- A study has also proved that regular exercising has a positive impact on the libido of both men and women. I think, this is because of the healthier blood flow, more energy and the more balanced hormone system.
- It helps to keep your bones strong, lowering the risk of Osteoporosis and keeps your joints healthy.
Some more health benefits of exercise.
Combine Weight Training and Cardio Workouts
The best is if you combine weight training with cardio since this way you can enjoy the benefits of both.
Cardio workouts help to improve your cardiovascular system, burn calories and improve your endurance.
Learn what are the benefits of aerobic exercise from the following video.
Weight training will build and tone your muscles, improve your strength and endurance. And as I said before help to burn calories even if you sleep.
Learn what are the benefits of physical activity with weights or bodyweight from the following video.
Finally, avoid over-training and work all parts of your body. Have enough rest between the routines. If you have not done any type of exercising, consult with your doctor first.
There is no question that there are so many benefits of daily exercise. It is your turn now! Try some sort of sports and pick the one you enjoy the most.
Don’t forget to share with your friends and fans.