Power towers with a pull up dip station are the most useful equipment you can get if you’re planning to create your home gym.
You can perform the most beneficial bodyweight strength training exercises for the upper body with power towers.
You can build a big back and arms, broaden your shoulders, and perform abs workouts for six-packs. Power towers are compact and versatile machines that help you build muscle without going to the gym.
You can find several power towers online, but are they worth the money? Will it suit your weight, fitness level, budget, or available space?
Without further talk, here are the best power towers with pull-up dip stations available on the market today.
- 1 Top-Rated Power Towers with Pull-Up Dip Station Comparison
- 2 Best Power Tower for Home Review
- 2.1 1. Sportsroyals Power Tower Dip Station
- 2.2 2. BangTong&Li Power Tower Workout Station With a Pull Up Dip Station
- 2.3 3. Stamina Power Tower Sporting Station
- 2.4 4. Weider Power Tower
- 2.5 5. Gold’s Gym XR 10.9
- 2.6 6. Body Champ VKR1010
- 2.7 7. Body Champ Fitness Power Tower PT600
- 2.8 8. KiNGKANG Power Tower
- 2.9 9. Bowflex BodyTower
- 2.10 10. Fitness Reality X-Class Multi-Tower
- 3 Buying Guide for Beginners
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Conclusion
Top-Rated Power Towers with Pull-Up Dip Station Comparison
Holds up to 400 lbs. and can withstand long-term use.
Features ergonomically-designed workout station.
Allows your body to have various bodyweight exercises.
Provides a combination of comfort and practical utility.
Gets the most out of your push-up and dips workouts.
Takes exercise back to the basics but is great at effective training.
Offers a multi-tower for working the upper and lower body parts.
Features sturdy, heavy-duty steel frame construction for safety.
Allows up to 20+ various workouts and exercises.
Supports up to 400 lbs. of weight and features real comfort.
Best Power Tower for Home Review
1. Sportsroyals Power Tower Dip Station
Sportsroyals wins this round of the best power towers with a pull-up dip station for any home gym.
You will love this power tower with dip station because it encompasses a solid, 14-gauge heavy-square steel frame construction that is sturdy enough for any user.
Sportsroyal power tower has adjustable height and is 26.6 inches wide.
It features an H-shape base for more firmness that can withstand a maximum weight of 400 lbs.
Sportsroyals never fails to deliver users’ stability since it uses a long-base construction with 8-point extended steel to balance your body.
Additionally, Sportsroyal is an excellent choice among the best power towers with pull-up dip stations among competitors because of its ergonomic design.
Specifically, it implements a humanized design combined with PU pads that protect your elbows while working out.
Lastly, the armrest of this power tower dip station is inclined at about 10 degrees, keeping your elbows from slipping off the bars.
- Customers find this dip station sturdy and durable
- Excellent quality and resistant-scratch coat finish
- More safety and stability features
- Ergonomically-designed power tower with pull-up dip station
- Features padded and adjustable cushion
- Can help you with various workouts
- Easy to organize and assemble
- Padded arms are somewhat short for some users
- Has small metal shavings
2. BangTong&Li Power Tower Workout Station With a Pull Up Dip Station
BangTong&Li power tower with pull-up dip station can handle 330 lbs., making it a suitable workout station for heavier users.
Those who want to use extra weights for their workout will find this station useful.
Assembling this power tower is not as complicated as others. Customers love how the power tower can be set up quickly.
BangTong&Li power tower with pull-up dip station can handle 330 lbs. This makes it another suitable workout station for heavier users or those who want to use extra weights for their workouts.
Assembling this power tower is not as complicated as others. Customers love how easy it is to set up the BangTong&Li power tower.
BangTong&Li incorporates a thickly padded and cushioned back and armrest for added support and comfort. These features are well-placed to give you a more convenient workout.
Besides, the distance between the dip bars is also cozy to use.
BangTong&Li power tower caters to many users, even tall and heavier trainers. It does not wobble and has all the stations.
Lastly, this power tower comes with rubbered feet for floor protection.
- Made with sturdy and durable materials
- Features anti-skid screws for users’ safety
- Supports many types of exercises
- Contains adjustable levels, six heights to be exact
- Ergonomically-designed and manufactured
- Has a comfortable cushion pad and rotating safety back
- Lacks back support, as most users say
3. Stamina Power Tower Sporting Station
Do not be fooled by the Stamina power tower sporting station’s appearance because it performs better than it looks.
Although the Stamina power tower seems to be just a free-standing pull-up bar, it provides several functions that help you build body mass and muscles.
Stamina is one of the best power towers in this round because of its compact design for easy storage, especially when your home has a small space.
Most trainers in an apartment have a Stamina power tower sporting station because it’s lightweight and convenient. Regardless, heavy trainers can use the power tower comfortably.
Nevertheless, the power tower includes push-up and dip handlebars for various workouts. It encompasses sturdy construction but is not as robust as other power towers in the competition.
The stamina power tower is an affordable piece of equipment you can add to your home gym. However, it does not come with a vertical knee raise station, but its sit-up bar makes up for it.
If you are searching for a cheap but good model and have an average weight, then the Stamina power tower fitness equipment is a good choice.
Users like it for its sturdy and heavy structure that is wobble-free. Its durable steel tubing makes it a perfect home gym equipment for years of use. A few customers found it hard to put together.
- Features stable and comfortable hand grips
- Compact design that can be easy to store and organize
- Comes with a 5-year frame warranty
- Has non-slip end caps that protect your floor space
- Customers find the assembly complicated
4. Weider Power Tower
Gym goers would be familiar with Weider, as it’s one of the most successful home gym manufacturers known for its premium pieces of equipment.
The Weider power tower with a pull-up dip station is an excellent choice for those who prefer bodyweight training. Users love its solid and sturdy construction that does not wobble, even when utilized by heavy trainers.
What’s more, you will find Weider’s thickly-padded arm and backrest convenient while working out.
Although Weider recommends a maximum weight of 300 lbs. when using the power tower, users state that they can go beyond the limit and still find it wobble-free and secure.
Moreover, trainers practically suggest that the Weider power tower is efficient for those who want to do P90X workouts.
Remember that the Weider power tower is not a small home gym equipment. To be exact, it measures 84 inches in height, which makes it an ideal power tower for taller people.
Weider customers praise its power tower for its price and worth. However, they find the equipment difficult to assemble. Users also reported missing parts due to shipping and delivery issues.
- Helps you perform different workouts and exercises
- Provides a combination of comfort and practical utility
- Features an innovative piece of home gym equipment
- Gives your upper body an excellent workout
- Customers find the platform difficult to setup
5. Gold’s Gym XR 10.9
Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 power tower comes in a good price range.
You will appreciate how it’s affordable but made with a premium-quality and solid construction platform for any home gym.
Average users may find Gold’s Gym power tower with a multi-grip pull-up dip station a great choice to supplement their workout activities and exercises.
The power tower features a D-frame base for extra stability, although the footprint should be a bit wider for better stability.
Further, Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 is another complete workout station with all your needed workout functions.
Compared to other products, Gold’s Gym power tower’s physical appearance is better, thanks to its aesthetic features. Users like it for its stability and easy assembly.
- Highlights padded, push-up hand grips
- Features ergonomic design, style, and quality
- Good pull-up dip station for any home gym
- Works similar to a professional-grade equipment
- Issues with delivery and shipping
6. Body Champ VKR1010
Body Champ is a bit more expensive, but the customers love it because it’s worth the buck.
Like Gold’s Gym, Body Champ VKR1010 features a heavy-duty steel D-shape frame. This form makes the power tower a stable and secure pull-up dip station.
Aside from the power tower’s multiple grip stations, taller trainers may find this equipment cozy to use
This item stands up to 83 inches, catering to any height.
Body Champ provides a warranty for all of its home gym equipment. Regardless, most users see that the manufacturer uses premium-quality and high-grade materials for the power tower’s construction.
Lastly, you will appreciate VKR1010’s thick, heavy-duty box-style cushions for more comfortable workouts.
- Accents versatile pull-up dip station
- Provides a platform to work your upper and lower body parts
- Helps you tone muscles
- Features a sturdy design, combined with an H-frame based for enhanced stability
- Perfect piece of equipment for home gym
- Lacks adjustable armrests
- A few customers complain about shipping problems
7. Body Champ Fitness Power Tower PT600
Another Body Champ-manufactured power tower that made it to this round is the PT600 model.
The power tower caters to tall trainers, as it measures 85.75 inches in height. It also highlights broad pull-up bars, dip bars, and elbow pads, contributing to a larger footprint.
It’s a good power tower, given the price. It includes a piece of multi-station equipment where you can build mass on your upper and lower body.
Specifically, you can perform workouts such as chin-ups, pull-ups, dips, and leg raise workouts.
Customers find this power tower comfortable, thanks to its padded back and arm cushions.
Meanwhile, Body Champ PT600 delivers in terms of safety. It uses slip-resistant foot grips to keep the station stable and firm, keeping you focused on building core muscles.
Yet, there are some complaints about missing hardware and cheap aesthetics.
- Most people are pleased with their purchase
- Phenomenal packaging; no damage
- Made with fool-proof and sturdy construction
- Contains a good set of assembly instruction
- Safety bolts are available
- Wobbles if the bolts aren’t properly fixed
- Issues with shipping and delivery
8. KiNGKANG Power Tower
When we say home gym, we aren’t particularly implying that we perform workouts inside alone.
With KiNGKANG’s versatile power tower, you can complete workouts outside your home, such as in a garden.
It is simply the best power tower for outdoor use since the manufacturer specifically designs the outdoors’ station.
KiNGKANG can withstand any weather conditions since it is made with UV and rust protection. You will also appreciate how it is extremely sturdy despite years of use.
Moreover, it features a padded back, cushioned armrests, and adjustable heights to keep your body working out. Users like it for its sturdy and solid structure that provides stable and wobble-free usage.
The leg raise station is comfortable because of the comfy pads and the support. Its durable steel tubing will make it perfect for years of use.
However, few customers found it hard to put together.
- Humanized design with back cushion and elbow pads
- Uses canvas instead of PU surface to make it non-slip and practical
- Made of Heavy-duty steel frame | U shaped frame base
- The product can be used outside
- Gets a little creaky after months of use
- Difficult to assemble
9. Bowflex BodyTower
Bowflex BodyTower is perfect for beginners who need assistance with ab workouts.
This item comes with sling straps, a great place for placing your elbows to ensure you perform workouts correctly.
The essence of this feature is that you will not swing forward and backward.
A great feature of Bowflex BodyTower is that the dip station is adjustable with EZ-Adjust horizontal bars.
If you cannot do dips accurately by lowering the bars, you can place your leg on the floor. Hence, it will be easier to perform the exercise.
Bowflex BodyTower also comes with a workout placard that helps beginners get started.
The design of this dip pull-up station is stable as well.
Users over 200 lbs. can use it without rocking, and some of them even use additional weights with it.
The power tower is 77 inches tall, which is not a great option for tall users.
Lastly, this item is made from a commercial-grade steel frame and highlights a non-absorbent foam-cushioned back pad for more comfy use.
- Features 7 levels of adjustments
- Allows you to have various workouts and exercises
- Includes handgrips and sling straps
- Highlights non-absorbent foam-cushioned back pad
- Has a stable, commercial-grade steel frame
- Issues with shipping
- Not for tall users
10. Fitness Reality X-Class Multi-Tower
Fitness Reality made it to this round of the best power towers with pull-up dip stations, specifically its X-Class multi-tower station.
Professional trainers and users find Fitness Reality power towers non-comparable to other brands. It encompasses one of the highest maximum weights in this round, 400 lbs.
This ideal power tower for any home gym is using it with extra weights while working out. In this way, you increase your resistance level, which is more efficient in pull-ups and dips.
Meanwhile, you can see Fitness Reality X-Class multi-tower robust frame construction. Besides, it contains a thicker steel-tube frame than other power towers mentioned in the list.
Another great feature of this multi-tower is its adjustability. It comes with two handlebars set in various mounting positions, providing endless opportunities to exercise.
Lastly, Fitness Reality comes with two types of pull-up bars: wide and narrow.
Hence, you can do pull-ups and chin-ups at different angles to keep your workout focused on a particular muscle group.
- Thickly-padded backrest and elbow rest for comfort.
- You can perform over 20 bodyweight exercises with it
- Easy to assemble
- You can adjust it in several ways
- Features commercial-grade pull-up and dip station
- High price
Buying Guide for Beginners
Why Buy a Power Tower with a Pull-Up Dip Station?
There is no question that bodyweight exercises (such as pull-ups, dips, push-ups, and so on) are traditional but proven workouts to build a firm body.
For example, army soldiers are trained almost only with these workouts to get functional and optimal body power.
Moreover, most users switch from calisthenics to bodyweight training since it is more enjoyable and safer. Regardless, both exercises help you achieve your fitness goals.
Newbies and professionals have several reasons why they buy a power tower. The most common are:
- Power towers help you save space, time, and effort
- Power towers are more affordable than a complete gym membership fee
- Power towers allow additional resistance levels by adding bands, rings, and weights
- Power towers are a perfect piece of equipment for newbies and advanced athletes
- Power towers are more convenient, safer, and easier to use
What are the benefits of a pull-up and dip station?
Power towers with pull-up dip stations offer plenty of advantages that your body can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Workout varieties. A free-standing pull-up station helps you perform different exercises, catering to your lower and upper body parts.
- Engages your core. The dip station lets you perform workouts that effectively stimulate your triceps, shoulders, and chest muscle groups.
- Better chest muscle stimulation. Some models come with push-up bars that let you do wider or narrower push-ups, where you can go deeper. This type of workout leads to better chest muscle stimulation, and you can train your pecs from different angles.
- Comfortable workout. Some power towers come with a vertical knee raises station with a comfortable armrest and handlebars, which allows you to perform exercises more efficiently.
- Small footprint. Most power towers have a compact design that does not require much space. Even if you live in a rather small flat, you can still have a complete upper body workout routine.
- Burn calories effectively. Power towers let you perform bodyweight exercises that burn calories effectively. Thus, this piece of equipment adds an extra boost to your weight loss.
A power tower with a pull-up dip station is an incredibly useful piece of fitness exercise equipment you can add to your home gym for building muscles and strength. See more in our post on Best Wall Mounted Dip Station.
Related: Guide to Power Tower Exercises
Pull-Up Tower Pre-Purchase Considerations
The best power towers with pull-up dip stations that received top ratings from Amazon customers are provided above. Thus, quality is not a question.
However, here are additional tips you should keep in mind before purchasing a power tower workout station.
- Check the station’s dimension first to determine if it is too large for your home space.
- Check if the manufacturer issues a warranty for the power station’s parts.
- Consider the maximum weight limit; you may need an additional resistance level to target your fitness needs.
- Check the power tower’s base, construction, and frame. Do not sacrifice your safety for a cheap station that wobbles.
- For beginners: Find a power tower that provides additional assistance. A great fit would be Bowflex BodyTower, as it includes straps to help you perform workouts correctly.
- Finally, check the power station’s price. Regardless, do not settle for anything less. Above you will find the best power towers with a pull-up dip station worth a one-time investment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Do Pull-UPS on a Dip Station?
You can’t do regular pull-ups on a dip station because dips and pull-ups target different muscles, so they need different equipment.
Since dip stations are lower than pull-up bars, it’s impossible to do full pull-ups unless the dip station has a pull-up bar. However, you can do L-sit pull-ups if you have enough strength and the dip bars are low enough.
How Do You Make a Pull-up Dip Station?
To make a pull-up/dip station, you’ll need two 7’-long wooden planks or metal poles, a 30”-long steel pipe, and two 10”-long steel pipes.
Connect the wooden planks with the pull-up bar, insert them into the ground and secure them by pouring concrete at the base. Then, attach the dip bars to one pole at your desired height.
Are Pull-up Stations Worth It?
Most average to high-end pull-up stations are sturdy because they’re made of heavy-duty materials and high-gauge steel frames.
They also feature long and heavy bases offering great stability to allow you to perform exercises without wobbling or falling. They’re particularly suitable if you can’t have wall-mounted pull-up bars due to weak walls and door frames.
Are Dips Better Than Pull-ups?
Dips and pull-ups target different muscle groups, but both are essential to prepare your body for lifting weights.
In addition, if you want to shape your upper body, you need to have both of them in your workout routine.
Dips target your push muscles, including shoulders and triceps, while pull-ups work pull muscles, including back and biceps.
Can You Keep a Pull-up Station Outside?
You can keep a pull-up station outside, but you need to keep it from the sun and rain if it has foam padding.
In addition, moisture can damage the metal parts if they’re not rust-resistant. Pull-up stations are a great alternative to pull-up bars if you don’t have sturdy wall frames.
Will Dips Build Mass?
Dips are classic exercises that can grow the size of your chest, arms, and shoulder muscles. You can focus your dips on working your triceps, which make up a considerable part of your arm.
So, by building your triceps, you can boost mass in your arms. You can also grow your chest muscles by pushing your torso forward while performing dips.
Do Pull-ups Work Abs?
Although pull-ups aren’t specialized abs-building exercises, studies have shown that they work your abs by activating the Rectus Abdominis.
So, you can rely on pull-ups if you want to build your abdominal muscles and get six-packs. If you can move your legs up, you can activate your core and abs muscles even further.
There you have it; listed above are the best power towers with pull-up dip stations available in the market today. Although this may sound a lot, at least you have a good insight into the products that are worth the buck.
After all, purchasing a power tower for your home gym is a one-time investment, so make sure you invest in a premium quality product.
I hope I could help you make a purchase of a pull up dip station that suits your needs and if you have some questions, feel free to ask them below. I’m going to help you.
Did you find this guide to pull up dip stations useful? Share with your friends!
Last update on 2022-05-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API