I decided to put together a comparison and review of the best power towers that come with pull up and dip station and fewer or more other functions. Besides, I will show you why it is one of the most valuable strength training equipment you should have at home.
Top Rated Home Pull Up Dip Station Comparison
1. FITNESS REALITY X CLASS MULTI FUNCTION TOWER
The Best / Has The Highest Capacity
2. WEIDER POWER TOWER
The Most Popular
3. STAMINA 1690
The Most Compact & Cheapest!
4. BOWFLEX BODY TOWER
Good For Beginners
5. XMARK XM-4434
Suitable for Tall People
6. BODY VISION PT600
Great Value for the Money
7. BODY CHAMP VKR1010
8. GOLD'S GYM XR 10.9
9. STAMINA OUTDOOR POWER TOWER
Outdoor Pull Up Bar Dip Station
10. SOOZIER FULL BODY FITNESS STATION
Multifunction Workout Equipment
11. XMARK DELUXE TOWER WITH HEAVY BAG STAND
For Strength & Cardio Training
Why do I recommend this equipment?
There is no question that bodyweight exercises such as pull-ups, dips, push-ups and others are traditional but proven methods to build a firm body. Just think about the army, soldiers are trained almost only with these moves to get functional power.
I’m a big fan of calisthenics, and I have been able to get excellent results just by these bodyweight moves. I used to pump iron, but I switched to bodyweight training since it is more enjoyable, safer and same results can be achieved. Just think about Frank Medrano, Hannibal and others training their bodies with these moves.
Following me, one of my friends decided to start bodyweight workouts at home. The only problem was that he lives in a small town where there is not a calisthenics playground yet, so he needed a pull up and dip station to be able to perform the necessary movements. Furthermore, his house is not so big. Hence, he needed a compact workout station.
I recommended him to buy a power tower home gym since it comes with both a dip and pull up station, and it does not need so much space.
After checking out a lot of reviews together, he finally bought his XMark pull up dip tower, and he cannot be happier with it. Now he can do all those proven bodyweight exercises at home such as chin ups, pull ups, dips, hanging, leg raises whenever he wants.
Power Tower Reviews
1. Fitness Reality X Class Multi Function Workout Tower - The Best / Has the Highest Weight Capacity
This gear has been designed for professionals for sure. Compared to the other products here it has the highest weight capacity of 400 lbs. This is beneficial for those who want to use extra weight while they work out. For example, I'm 230 lbs. This way I can put on extra 170 pounds for additional resistance for my pull-ups and dips. (Unfortunately, I'm not strong enough to do that yet.) The robustness of the frame can be seen. The steel tube frame is thicker than the other towers have here.
Another great feature of this multifunction exercise equipment is its adjustability. It comes with two handlebars that can be set in 7 mounting positions and that provide even more possibilities to exercise. For example, you can set them for lighter dips, progressive pull-ups or also use them for doing sit-ups.
Also, it comes with two types of pull up bars. The typical wider and a narrower one. Hence, you can do pull-ups and chin-ups in various angles to focus on one particular muscle group more.
- Thickly padded backrest and elbow rest for comfort.
- You can perform over 20 bodyweight exercises with it.
- Easy assembly
- Can be adjusted in several ways.
- Commercial grade pull up and dip station.
- Compared to the other equipment here the price is much higher, but the quality and capacity are better.
- The dip bars are a bit thick.
2. Weider Power Tower - Good Value for the Money
If you are a gym goer, I'm sure you have met some Weider gym equipment. Weider is a successful brand making high-quality items. For those who prefer bodyweight training, this pull up dip station can be an excellent choice. It is an affordable piece of equipment that is loved by buyers for its solid design. It does not wobble under an average user and comfortable to use because of its thickly padded arm and back rests.
Most of the customers say it is a good value for the money, but it has a few minor issues. Most of the problems come from the assembly. People find it hard to put it together because of missing parts, not correctly made holes and bolts and the not user-friendly instructions. But, skilled users have already shared practical tips for non-techies.
Weider can handle about 300 pounds safely. There are users who use it with weights, so they go ever slightly about that limit. But they do not complain about severe wobbling while they do pull ups and dips. Users recommend it for those who want to do P90X workouts.
Keep in mind, it is not a small dip and pull up station since it measures 84 inches height (213 cm). Hence, this pull up dip station is suitable for taller users. However, for this height the footprint should be a bit bigger for even better stability, I think.
To sum up, Weider exercise tower is a great buy considering the price and the user experience. However, ask for help if you are bad at putting things together.
3. Stamina 1690 - The Cheapest and Most Compact
Well, Stamina 1690 seems to be just a free standing pull up bar, but this product provides more functions than that. It has a push-up and dip station as well. Its compact design makes it an excellent choice for those who does not have so much space. Many shoppers actually use it in their apartment.
Compared to other models here 1690 is much lighter, and with that, it is not as robust as the others. But this way, you can quickly move it around the house. Keep in mind that it can handle only 250 lbs, though.
Even if this is the cheapest pull up bar and dip station equipment here, it has been awarded a lot of positive customer reviews. People with healthy weight and height can use it comfortably, and it rocks just a little bit that does not disturb their workouts.
As you see, it does not come with a vertical knee raise station, but it has a sit up bar. However, because of the light weight of it, I do not recommended to use, since Stamina 1690 might fall on you. You can get rid of that by placing something on the base.
In case you are searching for an affordable model, and you have an average weight, then this power tower fitness equipment is maybe a good choice for you. 1690 is ightweight and has a small footprint, so it is perfect for small apartments. However, it does not come with a leg raise station for abs training.
4. BowFlex BodyTower - Perfect for Beginners
This product is optimal for those beginners who need some help to do the abdominal exercises such as leg lifts. It comes with sling straps. You can place your elbows on them helping you to perform the moves more correctly. You will not swing forward and backward.
Another great feature of Bowflex is that the dip station is adjustable with the help of the EZ-Adjust horizontal bars. This way, if you cannot do dips accurately yet by lowering the bars, you can place your leg on the floor. Hence, it will be easier to perform the exercise.
Also, it comes with a workout placard that helps beginners to get started.
The design of this dip pull up station is stable as well. People over 200 lbs use it without rocking. Some, of them, even use additional weights with it.
My problem is the height of the pull up bar. That is just 77 inches (195 cm), so for tall users, Bowflex is not the best option.
5. XMark XM-4434
Opposed to the other models here, this chin up and dip station can handle 350 lbs. Hence, XM-4434 is suitable for heavier users or for those who want to use extra weights for their workout. Also, its height is 82 inches (211 cm) which makes it a good option for taller people.
Moreover, the assembly is not as complicated. Shoppers can quickly put it together, although there are a few issues on missing parts.
The back and arm rest are thickly-padded and well-placed providing comfortable and supporting usage. Besides, the distance between the dip bars is also comfy to use.
6. Body Vision PT600
Well, PT600 pull up bar dip station comes at a good price, but for that price or a little bit more you'll get a much better product. There are some complaints about missing hardware, cheap design, rocking and low-quality welding. Simply, you get what you pay for.
On the other hand, the height is it rather good since it measures 85 inches (216 cm) tall. So, PT600 is perfect for tall guys like me.
It is a rather big item and with that average people find the pull up bars, dip bars and the elbow pads too broad.
To conclude, the price is not bad, but this item is not for small or medium tall people. Plus, there are problems.
Another pretty affordable product that has all the must have features. The pull up station has multiple grip positions, and the push-up bars are adjustable. It has a wider base for extra stability and thickly padded back and arm cushions. Though, there are problems with the quality.
7. Body Champ
Body Champ is a bit more expensive, but the customers love it. Thanks to the heavy-duty steel frame and the D-frame base making it a very steady pull up dip station. The height of the pull up bar is also OK since it is 83 inches (210 cm) and offers various grip positions.
The design and the used materials are so good that the manufacturer provides the warranty for even a light commercial setting.
Customers find it very comfortable thanks to the thick and heavy-duty box-style cushions. Plus, it looks rather well in a home gym.
8. Gold's Gym XR 10.9
This tower comes with a good price range, and the quality is pretty good as well. For an average user, this pull up dip station is a great choice for sure. It also has a D-frame base for extra stability, although the footprint should be a bit wider for even better stability.
9. Stamina Outdoor Fitness Tower - Best for Outdoor Workout
In case you want to workout outside in your graden this is the tower you need. This pull up dip station is specially designed for outdoor usage, so it comes with UV and rust protection. Heavier than the other models and it is extremely sturdy. You can quickly make your backyard a great place to workout.
- Measurements: 49" L x 50" W x 81" H
- 88 pounds
- Stainless hardware
- Maximum user weight rating 300 lbs
Which is the best pull up dip station?
If you are willing to pay a little bit more, then Fitness Reality X Class High Capacity Multi Function Power Tower gym can be the best choice. It is a gym quality product.
Even heavier and pro users find it sturdy, even if it should be bolted together. Compared to other pull up towers, it is heavier and comes with wider and longer basement, for better stability.>>> Read what users think about it here.
If we see the price, the best model you can get for your money is Stamina 1690 Power Tower. When this post was written, it was for sale, under $100! Although, it is the cheapest the customer reviews are pretty positive.
The average users think it is well-built and stable. They can do the pull ups, chin ups and dip without the feeling of dangerous wobbling. Users also like it as it does not take so much space, and many of them use it in their small flats. I think, because of its light weight, 1690 is portable as well.
Are there any cons? Since it is lighter, heavier or more advanced users feel that it wobbles too much, and few customers complain about the bent of the pull up bar.>>> Check out the customer review here
Why Buy a Pull and Dip Station?
It seems to be a simple product, but a pull up dip station is incredibly versatile that allows doing a complete upper body workout routine at home.
- With the help of the free standing pull up station, you can do chin ups and pull ups that are proven to be the best moves for the back as well as for the arms and shoulders. Also, you can do different hanging leg raises that does magic to abs.
- The dip station lets you perform the dip move that stimulates the triceps, shoulder and chest muscles efficiently.
- Some models come with push up section as well that allows you to do wider or narrower push ups, addition you can go down deeper. This leads to better chest muscle stimulation, and you can train pecs from different angles.
- Some towers also come with a vertical knee raise station with comfortable armrest and handlebars to perform the exercise more efficiently. This feature is especially beneficial for beginners.
- There are models that can be used as a squat rack. However, they are suitable only for light weights.
- It does not require so much space. Even if you live in a rather small flat, you can have a complete upper body workout. But you must check the dimensions if you have a low ceiling.
- You can buy a free standing dip station exercise equipment and a free standing pull up station separately but why you would pay more? You will be able to make the same moves with a pull up dip machine, and it does not need so much space.
- Did you know that bodyweight exercises help to burn more calories than the ones you do for a particular muscle group with weights? The reason is that during these movements more muscles work together, and that obviously requires more energy. Therefore, with these exercises, you will be able to add an extra boost to your weight loss.
- A station is suitable for various types of workouts such as calisthenics, Crossfit, etc.
To sum up, a pull up dip station is going to be an incredibly useful piece of fitness equipment of your home gym to build muscle and strength.
Related: Guide to power tower exercises
In comparison chart above I collected the best models available today that are loved by users and with that highly-rated based on customer reviews. Hence, the quality is not a question.
However, here are some tips you should keep in mind before purchasing a workout station.
- Check the dimensions to know if you have enough space to store and use it.
- Check the warranty and the shipping info. Anyway, free shipping is almost always available.
- See the maximum amount of weight it can handle. The products above are suitable for an average men or women.
- Stable basement is critical. Who wants to work out on pull up bar with dip station that wobbles. It is not only dangerous but also will not let you focus on your training. The cheaper models are a bit lighter which is a sign that not so much “material’ has been used. I believe the heavier, the better, although that equipment is a bit more pricey.
- If you are a beginner, buy one that comes with features that help you to perform the exercises correctly. For example, Bowflex Bodytower comes with straps and with vertical knee raise station. Or you can buy an assisted pull up machine for home.
- Finally, we should not forget the prices. As you see, most of the models are between $100-200, but the user experience between the cheaper and more expensive items are big. If you can afford, buy a bit more expensive one. It is a one-time investment, but you will enjoy it for long years. (On top of that as you can see above on Amazon, you can find great deals.)
- If you are lack of space you can buy a wall-mounted dip station with vertical knee raise.
- If you are a total beginner and you cannot make pull up sand dips correctly yet, it is maybe a be a better if you buy a home pull up station with assist. Or you can use rubber bands as help.
I tried to do my best to pick the most reliable models here, so no matter which you buy, you will surely have well-performing fitness gear power tower. For a one time investment, you will have proven equipment that provides everything you need to build a great looking upper body without going anywhere.
I hope I could help you to make a purchase that suits your needs and if you have some questions, feel free to ask below. I’m going to help you.
Did you find this guide to pull up dip stations useful? Share with your friends.
Last update on 2019-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API