A hot topic among those who want to lose weight is how to boost their metabolism. Yes, it is a fact that higher metabolism leads to faster weight loss, but it has several other wellness and health benefits.
There are various methods you can increase your metabolism naturally, for example by consuming particular foods or food groups, and exercising can also be a help. These are the factors you can control.
You can learn more about these tips within the following posts.
Although, the metabolic rate can also depend on the age, genetics, gender and the hormonal health. Factors that can be controlled.
What are the signs of slow metabolism?
I found a great infographic on draxe.com in which the most common symptoms are listed.
You can see that low metabolism has several symptoms.
- People usually feel tired and undermotivated to do any physical acclivities such as exercising. Their energy level is rather low.
- They also have hair, nail and skin problems.
- For them losing weight is difficult even if they control their daily food intake.
- They are also more likely to suffer from common illnesses such as flu and allergies. And for them, healing takes more time.
- They often feel cold, and their limbs are usually cold.
- People with slow metabolism rate usually have sleeping problems, and they suffer from mood disorders. For them, concentration is harder as well.
- And they have digestion problems.
And these are just a few examples.
But do not be afraid if you are in the group of these people. By changing your lifestyle, you can increase the metabolic rate of your body efficiently.
The most important step is to start a healthy diet that contains a lot of foods that naturally increase your metabolism. The second step is to move more, far more. Exercise at least 4 times a week, but the best is if you train 6 times for 30 minutes or more. It can be strength training, and cardio combination, but even walking is good.
Did you learn something new? Share with your friends.