Spinach is a loved green in the Mediterranean area since the middle age. If we check the nutritional value of it, spinach contains the most minerals and vitamins compared to other vegetables. Hence, it should be in your diet.
You can buy fresh spinach leaves all time of the year, and there are many ways you can use it. It can be cooked or used for salads, but as you will see you can make ultra-nutritious juices as well.
In this article, you will learn the spinach juice benefits and how to use it to make perfect drinks.
How to buy spinach for juicing
When you shop for spinach, the leaves should be dark green, and the stem should not be yellowish. The leaves should be fresh and tender, and should not be damaged. Fresh spinach has the best state and highest nutritional value.
If you want to store it, do not wash it because it shortens its freshness. Just put the leaves in a plastic bag or box and put into the fridge. They are going to be fresh for a few days.
Before juicing spinach clean it thoroughly. Do not cut all the stems just a little, because they hold a lot of vitamins. Of course, do not use the yellowish and damaged leaves for your juice.
Now you know how to prepare spinach, and you can find many spinach juicing recipes below. But before, check out why it is so beneficial to consume this drink.
Did you know? Because of Popeye, the spinach consumption in the USA increases by 33%!
Benefits of Spinach Juice
Spinach can be called a superfood as it is extremely high in vitamins, minerals, and protein. It is especially high in vitamin A and C.
The benefit of juicing is that the vitamins do not go away as they do if you heat the leaves.
- It holds a lot of other antioxidants such as zinc, vitamin E, manganese, copper, and selenium. Vitamin B1 and B2 that are responsible for energy. Also, these components supports anti aging, for example, you will have healthy skin.
- Potassium and phosphor for the health of the bones.
- Omega-3 fatty acids that support your immune system.
- We should not forget its high dietary fiber content that supports your digestion system and even helps losing weight.
- As it was said before, it is an excellent source of protein that is required for the muscles.
- Spinach holds phytonutrient that can be found in fruits and veggies. These are beneficial chemicals that give the vivid colors of the plants and protect them from damaging effects of the environment.
- As spinach juice is high in antioxidants like vitamin E and C, it helps to reduce the amount of free radicals in your body. Hence, it is a natural cancer prevention.
- Its magnesium and potassium content regulates the blood pressure. So, it is a natural cure for high blood pressure or reduce the risk.
- It is high in vitamin A (in the form of beta carotene) and lutein, it helps to keep your eyes healthy.
- Because of its high nutritional value it is beneficial for pregnant women.
- Its high in various Vitamin B it reduces the risk of hair loss, and supports hair growth.
- High in folic acid that takes place in DNA synthesis and repair and blood cell generation.
- Rich in Vitamin K that is responsible for blood clotting.
- Having raw spinach juice is not only beneficial since it is rich in essential nutrients, but because it is low in calories. Hence, it is a perfect drink for weight loss.
Now you know the fresh spinach juice health benefits, so it is time to learn how to make delicious drinks at home. Check out the recipes below.
What's the daily recommended intake?
Well, you can have a glass everyday if you want but it is better to have other juices as well. You will get bored with it sooner or later. Healthy eating should not be one-sided.
Don't you have a good juicer yet for blending spinach juice? Get one here!
- 5 to 6 ounces baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 2 apples, halved and cored
- 2 medium carrots, scrubbed
- 2 celery sticks
- 1/2 large lemon
- One 2-inch piece ginger, peeled
- 6 medium size Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large bunch Spinach (approx. 2 cups, tightly packed), rinsed and chopped
- 1 Celery stalk, optional
- 1/2 Lemon or Lime
- 1½ cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 1/2 grapefruit, peeled, white pith removed
- 2 green apples, cut into eighths
- 1 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger
- 2 large stalks celery
- 2 cups chopped Spinach, tightly packed
- 1 Apple or Pear, cored and chopped
- 1 stalk of Celery
- Juice from 1/2 Lime or Lemon (or to taste), optional
- 3/4 cup Water
- 8 cups (250 g) spinach
- 2 lemons
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1 pear
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 5 cups chopped romaine
- 3 cups chopped pineapple
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, or to taste
- 1 banana
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, or to taste
- 3/4 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Spinach, 340g
- Kale, 200g
- Apple (golden delicious)
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 pear
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 1 lemon (peeled, keeping as much of the white part as possible)
- 1/2 large Mango
- 3 to 4 cups Spinach
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Apple
Green Juice Recipe - Spinach, Kale, Carrots & Banana
Did you like this guide? Share with your friends!
Last Updated on the July 7, 2020