A walking treadmill desk is a type of workstation exercise equipment that allows people to continue working while at the same walking on a treadmill. Instead of sitting down all day, it allows you to work out while at work, hence burning some calories and improve your mental and physical health.
Too much sitting is known to cause back problems, coronary heart diseases, type 2 diabetes and certain cardiovascular diseases. That is why it is recommended that you take time and walk around so as to reduce the harmful effects of sitting.
However, as you walk around, it may be impossible to continue working and that is why the under the desk treadmill is the best solution.
Do you want to purchase a standing desk treadmill? Below you can find the comparison and reviews of the best equipment available.
Best Desk Treadmills Comparison
Which is the best buy? If you haven't got a standing desk yet LifeSpan TR1200-DT5 is the best choice. If you have and can afford a better model, TR1200-DT3 is the best option.
|Model||Features||Reviews / Details / Price|
Confidence Power Plus
CHECK ON AMAZON
CHECK ON AMAZON
CHECK ON AMAZON
BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!
CHECK ON AMAZON
Rebel Desk Treadmill
CHECK ON AMAZON
1. Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill - The Cheapest
It has a folding design and smooth-gliding wheels which let you move it around quickly and store it anywhere. When it folds, you can store it under the bed and pull it out later. It has curved handrails at the top and front of the machine which lets you maintain balance and stay upright even when working out for long periods.
It has a LED display at the front, and you have full control of the machine, so you will monitor your progress. You can reduce speed if you want to walk or turn up the speed to run faster. The data displayed on the LED screen are time, distance, speed, and calories burned. Hence you will be able to get the best out of each workout and achieving your goals.
- Weighs 53 lbs lighter than most treadmills but stable enough.
- Powered by a 600W power motor which helps save on power bills. It provides speed from 0.6 to 6.2 mph.
- It measures 49X24x11 inches, hence it fits anywhere, even in small spaces and doesn’t take up much room. The running surface is 14x 39 inches.
- The weight capacity of the machine is 250 pounds.
- A space saver easy to fold away because it has a folding design and wheels.
- It comes with a removable top front frame. You are able to lay it in front of your desk and continue working as you exercise.
- It's light in weight hence allows moving anywhere quickly and efficiently.
- It comes ready to set up and run so it is easy to assemble and there are a few steps to follow. It has few buttons, so you will not get confused about which button to press to operate different functions.
- Cheap as it sells for under $200 on Amazon, which could be cheaper in other shops.
At times it does experience a few technical glitches such as pausing while you are working out, so it means that you will have to get off and restart the machine for you to continue. However, this should not be a problem because the glitches don’t happen all the time.
There is positive feedback from people who have bought this treadmill, on how it works and its overall quality. Confidence also gives a perfect workout compared to other non- motorized treadmills of the same price.
If you need to burn fat without the hassle of going to the gym, then this is the best treadmill to get to help you get into fitness and support you with light cardio workouts. It is said that if you exercise for an hour, you could burn up to 900 calories. The price is the best thing for a beginner or in case you are on a budget as this machine is a cheap treadmill for under the desk.
2. LifeSpan TR800 DT3 Under Desk Treadmill
The LifeSpan TR800-DT3 is a perfect for a sit to stand desk as it is two inches narrower than the TR1200-DT3. It gives you more space to switch from your working chair and walking workout. It has 6 impact absorbing compression shocks which ensure that you don’t hurt your joints. It isolates the footsteps as you walk hence no noise is produced. It is built with heavy duty steel which makes it a top brand.
This treadmill for desk has features that will give you the most out of it. It has the Intelli- Step which accurately detects each step that you take and doesn't count when the machine is running on its own. It also has the Intelli- Guard, which ensure shat he treadmill operates only when you are actively walking. It will automatically pause after 20 seconds if you step away from it. It offers customizable settings where you can do as per your liking, e.g. increase the speed from 2 mph to 4mph.
- The console isn’t heavy, but it bodes well and displays time, distance, steps taken and calories burned. It provides a USB port at the back of it to allow you charge your mobile phone.
- Bluetooth enabled where it wirelessly tracks and syncs your activity data by the use of free online LifeSpan Fitness Club and fitness app.
- Speed can go up to 4 mph
- Measures 66.5”L X 29”W X 9.25”H and weighs 120 pounds
- The maximum user weight is 300 pounds
- The walking belt is 2 ply and measures 18” by 52” which is narrow and short when compared with other office treadmills. The belt is marked to help to know when the belt is moving.
- The motor has a horsepower of 2 HP high torque continuous duties.
Most customers recommend LifeSpan TR800-DT3 if you want something simple for the home office.
- It comes ready to use so no assembly is needed.
- A good motor that runs for three straight hours. It will stop within 20 seconds after you step away.
- The motor is very silent that it will even let take your phone on speaker mode when you are still walking on it.
- When you buy it there is a free membership to the LifeSpan Fitness Club.
- 60 days money back guarantee, lifetime frame warranty, 3 year motor warranty and 1 year labor and parts warranty.
The manual doesn’t give you instructions on maintenance, but it does have instruction on how to troubleshoot several issues. For maintenance, you could check the internet for the standard maintenance of treadmills.
This treadmill for standing desk is what you need for your office work out because it is quiet, reliable and convenient enough for light workouts. LifeSpan TR800 is budget friendly as it sells under $1000 which is worth for its quality. It lasts better than other brands of the same power.
3. LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill
TR1200-DT3 has a long-lasting construction and a refined, contemporary design that is perfect for your office. Its high-quality components suppress any mechanical noise and vibration. Hence, offering you a quiet operation as you work. You have a guarantee of easy fit and placement under your standing desk for workplace fitness. It owns a console that connects with the treadmill and is placed on the desktop.
It has technologies that are dedicated to covering your experience and productivity. The Onboard Intelli-Step technology will detect each footstep taken and keeps you aware of your daily step count. It also has a safety feature, the Intelli-Guard that ensures that it will only operate when you are actively walking and automatically pauses the belt when you step off.
- Measures 63”L X 28.5” W X 7.25” H and a walking surface which measures 20” by 50” with six impact absorbing compression shocks.
- Has a small portable console that measures 12.9 W X 2DX 3.25H inches and it sits discreetly on your desktop. The LED display shows walking time, steps taken, distance traveled, walking belt speed and calories burned. The console connects with Bluetooth to record data.
- There is a USB charging port at the back of the console to charge your mobile devices.
- The belt type is 2- ply and the size is 20” W X 50” L and marked to help you know when the belt is moving.
- The speed is 0.4-4 mph, but most users prefer the 2 mph, which is comfortable for them as they work.
- The motor is 2.25 HP high torque, continuous duties DC, so you will work out comfortably without experiencing breakdowns.
- Bluetooth enabled so as to support lifespan fitness app.
- Maximum weight support is 350 pounds.
People who have bought this walking desk treadmill, say that LifeSpan TR1200 a good machine for use at the office and has excellent benefits.
- With each desk treadmill, you get full membership club which is a one-stop shop for all health and activity information. It displays your progress towards your personal health goals.
- Six impact absorbing compression shocks which reduce the impact on the joints when your foot strikes the belt unlike when walking outside. Having a good suspension allows walking longer without feeling fatigued and hurting yourself.
- Lifetime frame warranty, three-year motor warranty, two-year parts warranty and one-year labor warranty.
- It has a 30-day money back guarantee
The machine cuts off within 20 seconds of non-use but this should not be seen as a problem, but as a safety measure for children and pets when they step on it.
If you want a treadmill under a desk for regular use and to enhance your productivity at work, then the T1200- DT3 is what you should get. It is affordable as it retails around $1000 which is quite fair for a machine that has excellent features.
4. LifeSpan Treadmill Desk
Durable and Long-lasting Construction
This walking treadmill is made of high quality, attractive steel and designed for quiet comfort, and with 6 impact, reducing compression shocks which let to walk gently without hurting your knees, hips, legs and back. It has an unattached frame that stands alone and ensures that any movement that is associated with the treadmill is not transferred to the desktop as you work. At the front, there are 2 transported wheels mounted for easy assembly and mobility.
Bluetooth Ready Consoles
TR1200-DT5 has a great innovation as it is manufactured with Onboard Intelli-Guard technology, which detects each footstep you take and keeps you aware of your daily step count. The technology also supports safe work environment as it ensures that it will only operate when you are actively walking.
The Bluetooth capabilities allow to track and view your walking progress on your phone, hence being motivated as you walk and work. All you need is to download the Active-Trac all for free to track your progress as data syncs automatically when you hover your iPhone or Android phone over the treadmill desk console to upload your data.
- Walking surface is 20 by 50 inches, and the 2 ply belt size is 20” W X 50” L and marked to help you know when the belt is moving.
- Soft armrests that are injected with foam help you avoid carpal tunnel while typing at the treadmill desk.
- It can handle a maximum weight of 350 pounds.
- It measures 74" L x 46.75" W x 36" H.
- The top speed is 4 mph, and the motor is 2.25 HP high torque continuous duties DC.
Customers who have used this treadmill, say TR1200-DT5 easy to use it while working and at the same time workout.
- You can adjust the height standing desk as per your ergonomic posting as the desk adjusts from 41 inches to 55 inches.
- A wide desktop, i.e. 38 by 29 inches, which provides a spacious working area and to put other office supplies.
- A quiet motor which makes it business call or office friendly. It can run up to six hours straight.
- The 2HP motor will automatically stop running after you become inactive.
- Six impact absorbing compression shocks which reduce the impact on the joints unlike walking outside.
- When you buy this treadmill, you get 60 days to determine if you like it or you want to return it.
- Lifetime frame warranty, three-year motor warranty, two-year parts warranty and one-year labor warranty.
It is pricey as it sells above $1000 at the company website, but this is worth what you are getting. You will not need to replace this treadmill soon, and it will give you lots of health benefits.
This is a highly recommended under desk walking treadmill while working at home or office as it operates quietly, not disturbing other people around you. Due the durable constructing it will serve you for a long period so get one today.
5. Rebel Treadmill 1000 Desk Treadmill
Unique, small design
Rebel under desk exercise equipment is made of sleek stainless steel which doesn’t make the office look like a gym as it has a compact design which fits in small spaces. It helps you to minimize any interactions and increase productivity. The motor is quiet so that you won’t be disturbing your coworkers. The frame is built with metal and solid rubber material which makes it robust and durable.
Safe to use
You will not experience any sudden jerking or stopping because the treadmill starts and stop gradually. You may operate the machine for hours each day till you get tired. The comfortable walking surface helps you to concentrate on your work and stay focused on your walk.
- The speed range is from 0.5 to 2.0 mph, which is comfortable walking speed to work without sweating.
- 63” long by 24” wide and the belt type is 2 ply and measures 49.6” long by 18.1” wide.
- Has a powerful motor which is 1.5 horsepower DC continuous drive motor which runs smoothly and quietly.
- Small console measuring 8” by 3”. A control panel with a view button for speed, time and mileage.
- Maximum weight is 250lbs.
Customers say that working while walking on this treadmill has helped them reduce the negative effects that come with sitting the whole day. For people who have a busy schedule at work and can’t go to the gym, they say that it has helped them lose a good amount of calories hence cut down on their weight.
- Light in weight 88 lbs which enable to maneuver it whenever you don’t need to use it.
- It comes fully assembled, so you will just remove it from the package and slide it under a standing height desk.
- You could work out as long as you want as it has no maximum hours of usage per day.
- There is a 30-day full money back guarantee with easy and hassle free returns.
- A 20-year frame warranty, 2-year motor warranty, and 1-year parts, electronics and labor warranty.
- It comes with easy to understand setup instructions and unit controls which make the connection and plug in easy.
- Pocket-friendly as it currently retails at around $700
It doesn’t come with a working desk, so you need to get a standing desk to work with, but you can always use it with your own standing desk or get a Rebel Up 2000 Standing Desk. All you need is just 4 feet from the front of the desk to the back of the treadmill to be able to use it efficiently.
If you want a small under desk treadmill that will allow you to work, answer the phone easily or check things comfortably then the Rebel Treadmill 1000 is good for you. It is right for the office setting as you don’t get to sweat as you work. It offers a healthy alternative to sitting throughout the day.
Treadmill Desk Benefits
- The walking work station will reduce your anxiety levels and boost your mood because exercises help the brain release endorphins in the body which reduce your perception of pain and it triggers a positive feeling in your body. Exercises also increase your confidence levels by allowing to reach a certain fitness or health goal.
- As you exercise, you are burning calories, hence promoting a healthy body weight. You can lose weight by increasing the intensity levels, incline level or walking for a longer duration over a couple of weeks.
- As you also exercise, you are also reducing glucose levels in the blood so it will help reduce the risk of getting type 2 diabetes. It is also a good way for people with type 2 diabetes to manage the condition and avoid long-term complications.
- Your work performance increases, hence high productivity level when compared to people who are sitting a whole day. Studies show that the overall employee health, mental performance, time management and work quality improves when employees exercise.
- When you are working against gravity and stand upright helps in building and maintaining bone density.
How to Use It Correctly and Efficiently
The trick to using the treadmill desk knows when to use it and how to use it. Some of the basic things to consider are:
- Find the right pace for yourself and with time you should adjust the speed. Don’t walk at a pace that will leave you out of breath or doesn't allow you to work comfortably. A recommended starting pace is 1mile per hour.
- Use a safety clip which ensures that the under desk treadmill will automatically stop when you lose balance. Make sure that the walking desk station is at the right height, i.e. just below your elbow and keep the arm at 90 degrees while working as this is the most comfortable position.
- Time also matters because you shouldn't spend a whole day on the machine so start with 30 minutes a day and continue increasing your session accordingly. You should be able to work while working out without any issue or have fatigue.
When Buying a Treadmill Desk, Consider the Following:
- It should enables you to switch your positions throughout the day and still continue working. This should be easily adjustable when you are standing beside it or walking on it.
- Know how to control the consoles well and they should be located in a safe and accessible spot. The console will enable to stop the under desk treadmill immediately and safely in case you lose control.
- It should have sturdy and stable desk to handle your weight even when it is raised to its limit.
Other exercise equipment to use at your desk
Did you like these under desk treadmill reviews? Share with your friends!
Last update on 2019-04-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API