A desk treadmill is a type of workstation exercise equipment that allows people to continue working while at the same walking on a treadmill. Instead of sitting down all day, it will enable you to work out while at work, hence burning some calories and improve your mental and physical health.
Too much sitting is known to cause back problems, coronary heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, and certain cardiovascular diseases. That is why it is recommended that you take time and walk around to reduce the harmful effects of sitting.
However, as you walk around, it may be impossible to continue working, and that is why under the desk treadmill is the best solution. Do you want to purchase a standing desk treadmill? Below you can find the comparison and reviews of the best office equipment available.
Top Desk Treadmills Reviews
1. Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill – The Cheapest
Price: Price not available
- For users up to 250lbs
- Runway size : 39.5" x 14"
- 600W power motor
- Affordable, easy to fold, lightweight
The Confidence desk treadmill has a folding design and smooth-gliding casters, which let you move it around quickly and store it anywhere. When it folds, you can store it under the bed and pull it out later. It has curved handrails at the top and front of the electric machine, which lets you maintain balance and stay upright even when working out for long periods.
But, the handrails are removable, so it is also an office treadmill that fits under the desk.
It has a LED display at the front, and you have full control of the machine so that you will monitor your progress. You can reduce speed if you want to walk or turn up the pace to run faster. The data displayed on the LED screen are time, distance, speed, and calories burned. Hence you will be able to get the best out of each workout and achieving your goals.
- It weighs 53 lbs, lighter than most models, but stable enough.
- Powered by a 600W electric motor, which helps save on bills. It provides speed options from 0.6 to 6.2 mph.
- The treadmill dimensions are 49X24x11 inches, hence it fits anywhere, even in small spaces, and doesn’t take up much room. The running surface is 14x 39 inches.
- The max user weight capacity of the machine is 250 pounds.
- A space saver easy to fold away because it has a folding design and wheels.
- This model comes with a removable top front support. You can lay it in front of your desk and continue working as you exercise.
- It’s light in weight hence allows moving anywhere quickly and efficiently.
- It comes ready to set up and run, so it is easy to assemble, and there are a few steps to follow. The touch screen has a few buttons, so you will not get confused about which button to press to operate different functions.
- It's a cheap treadmill desk.
At times it does experience a few technical glitches such as pausing while you are working out, so it means that you will have to get off and restart the treadmill for you to continue. However, this should not be a problem because the glitches don’t happen all the time.
If you need to burn fat and stay healthy while working, then this is the best walking treadmill to get to help you get into fitness and support you with light cardio workouts. It is said that if you train for an hour, you could burn up over 200 calories walking. The price point is the best thing for a beginner or in case you are on a budget as this electric machine is a cheap treadmill for under the desk.
2. LifeSpan TR800 DT3 Under Desk Treadmill Review
- Belt size: 18” W x 45" L
- Speed: 0.4 - 4.0 mph
- 250 user weight
- Motor: 2.0 HP
The TR800-DT3 lifespan under desk treadmill is perfect for a sit to stand desk as it is two inches narrower than the TR1200-DT3. It gives you more space to switch from your working chair and walking workout. It has shock absorption, which ensures that you don’t hurt your joints. It isolates the footsteps as you walk; hence no noise is produced. It is built with heavy-duty steel, which makes it a top brand.
This office treadmill for desk has features that will give you the most out of it. It has the Intelli-Step, which accurately detects each step that you take and doesn’t count when the treadmill is running on its own. It also has the Intelli-Guard, which ensures that the treadmill operates only when you are actively walking. It will automatically pause after 20 seconds if you step away from it. It offers customizable settings where you can do as per your liking, e.g., increase the speed from 2 mph to 4mph.
- The console isn’t large, but it bodes well and displays time, distance, steps are taken, and calories burned. It provides a USB port at the back of it to allow you to charge your smart device.
- Bluetooth enabled where it wirelessly tracks and syncs your activity data by the use of free online LifeSpan Fitness Club and fitness app.
- Speed can go up to 4 mph
- The treadmill base is 66.5″ L X 29″ W X 9.25″ H and weighs 120 pounds
- The max user weight is 250 pounds
- The belt width measures 18″ by 52,” which is narrow and short when compared with other office treadmills. The treadmill belt is marked to help to know when the belt is moving.
- The motor has a horsepower of 2 HP high torque continuous duties.
The DT3 treadmill manual doesn’t give you instructions on maintenance, but it does have instructions on how to troubleshoot several issues. For maintenance, you could check the internet for the standard maintenance of treadmills.
This office treadmill for standing desk is what you need for your office work out because it is quiet, reliable, and convenient enough for light workouts. LifeSpan TR800 is budget-friendly as it sells under $1000, which is worth for its quality. It lasts better than other brands of the same power.
3. LifeSpan TR1200-DT3 Standing Desk Treadmill Review
Price: Price not available
- Speed of 0.4 to 4 MPH
- Motor: 2.25 HP
- Max. User Weight: 350 lbs.
- Belt size: 20” W x 50" L
TR1200-DT3 has a durable construction and a refined, contemporary design that is perfect for your office. Its high-quality components suppress any mechanical noise and vibration. Hence, offering you a quiet operation as you work. You have a guarantee of secure fit and placement under your standing desk for workplace fitness. It owns a console that connects with the treadmill and is placed on the desktop.
The Lifespan TR1200-DT3 under desk treadmill has technologies that are dedicated to covering your experience and productivity. The Onboard Intelli-Step technology will detect each footstep taken and keeps you aware of your daily step count. It also has a safety feature, the Intelli-Guard, that ensures that it will only operate when you are actively walking and automatically pauses the walking belt when you step off.
- The treadmill base measures 63″ L X 28.5″ W X 7.25″ H and a wide walking area, which measures 20″ by 50″ with six impact-absorbing compression shocks.
- It has a small portable console that measures 12.9 W X 2DX 3.25H inches, and it sits discreetly on your deck. The LED display shows walking time, steps taken, distance traveled, walking belt speed, and calories burned. The console connects with Bluetooth to record data.
- There is a USB charging port at the back of the console to charge your mobile devices.
- The treadmill belt type is 2- ply, and the size is 20″ W X 50″ L and marked to help you know when the belt is moving.
- The speed is 0.4-4 mph, but most users prefer the 2 mph, which is comfortable for them.
- The motor is 2.25 HP high torque, continuous duties DC, so you will work out comfortably without experiencing breakdowns.
- Bluetooth enabled to support lifespan fitness app.
- The maximum weight support is 350 pounds.
The machine cuts off within 20 seconds of non-use, but this should not be seen as a problem, but as a safety measure for children and pets when they step on it.
If you want a treadmill under a desk for regular use and to enhance your productivity at work, then the T1200- DT3 is what you should get. It is affordable as it retails around $1000, which is quite fair for a treadmill that has excellent features. The best standing desk treadmill on the market today.
4. LifeSpan Treadmill Desk Review
Price: Price not available
- 2.25 HP electric motor
- User Weight: 350 lbs.
- Belt Size: 20" W x 50" L.
- Speed of 0.4 to 4 MPH
Durable and Long-lasting Construction
This walking office treadmill is made of high quality, attractive steel and designed for quiet comfort and with 6 impact reducing condensation shocks, which let to walk gently without hurting your knees, hips, legs, and back. It has an unattached structure that stands alone and ensures that any movement that is associated with the treadmill is not transferred to the desktop as you move. At the front, there are 2 transported wheels mounted for easy assembly and mobility.
Bluetooth Ready Consoles
TR1200-DT5 desk treadmill has a great innovation as it is manufactured with Onboard Intelli-Guard technology, which detects each footstep you take and keeps you aware of your daily step count. The technology also supports a safe work environment as it ensures that it will only operate when you are actively walking.
The Bluetooth capabilities allow you to track and view your walking progress on your phone, hence being motivated as you walk and work. All you need is to download the Active-Trac all for free to track your progress as data syncs automatically when you hover your iPhone or Android phone over the treadmill desk console to upload your data.
- The walking surface is 20 by 50 inches, and the 2 ply belt size is 20″ W X 50″ L and marked to help you know when the belt is moving.
- Soft armrests that are injected with foam help you avoid carpal tunnel while typing at the treadmill desk.
- It can handle a max user weight of 350 pounds.
- The treadmill base measures 74″ L x 46.75″ W x 36″ H.
- The top speed is 4 mph, and the motor is 2.25 HP high torque continuous duties DC.
- Equipped with shock absorbers.
The Lifespan desk treadmill is pricey as it sells above $1000 on the company website, but this is worth what you are getting. You will not need to replace this treadmill soon, and it will give you lots of health benefits.
This is a highly recommended under desk walking treadmill while working at home or office as it operates quietly, not disturbing other people around you. Due to the durable construction, it will serve you for a long period, so get one today.
5. Rebel Treadmill 1000 Desk Treadmill Review
Price: Price not available
- Speed range of 0.5 to 2.0 mph
- 1.5HP continuous duty motor
- Belt: 49.6″ 18.1″
- User weight: 250 lb
Unique, small design
Rebel under desk fitness equipment is made of sleek stainless steel, which doesn’t make the office look like a gym as it has a compact design that fits in small spaces. It helps you to minimize any interactions and increase productivity. The motor is quiet so that you won’t be disturbing your coworkers. The frame is built with metal and solid rubber material, which makes it robust and durable.
Safe to use
You will not experience any sudden jerking or stopping because the treadmill starts and stop gradually. You may operate the machine for hours each day until you get tired. The comfortable walking area helps you to concentrate on your job and stay focused on your walk.
- The speed range is from 0.5 to 2.0 mph, which is comfortable walking pace to work without sweating.
- The treadmill base is 63″ long by 24″ wide, and the belt type is 2 ply and measures 49.6″ long by 18.1″ wide.
- Rebel 1000 has a powerful motor, which is a 1.5 horsepower DC continuous drive motor, which runs smoothly and quietly.
- Small console measuring 8″ by 3″. A control panel with a view button for speed, time, step counter and mileage.
- Maximum user weight is 250lbs.
It doesn’t come with a working desk, so you need to get a standing desk, but you can always use it with your standing desk or get a Rebel Up 2000 Standing Desk. All you need is just 4 feet from the front of the desk to the back of the treadmill to be able to use it efficiently.
If you want a small under desk treadmill that will allow you to work, answer the phone easily, or check things comfortably, then the Rebel Treadmill 1000 is good for you. It is right for the office setting as you don’t get to sweat as you work. It offers a healthy alternative to sitting throughout the day.
What are the best treadmills for home under $1000?
Check out our detailed guide about the best buy running treadmills for home use.
What are the benefits of treadmill desks
Balance Board! - The best alternative
If you have don’t have enough space at your office for treadmills, you can consider purchasing a balance board instead. The balance board gives an environment that forces your core to be activated while you stand on it. That improves your posture and lowers the risk of back pain. Of course, because you are in a static state, it won’t burn as many calories.
How to Use It Correctly and Efficiently
The trick to using the treadmill desk knows when to use it and how to use it. Some of the essential things to consider are:
- Find the right pace for yourself, and with time, you should adjust the walking pace. Don’t walk at a pace that will leave you out of breath or don’t allow you to exercise comfortably. A recommended starting pace is 1 mile per hour.
- Use a safety clip (pause function) that ensures that the under desk treadmill will automatically stop when you lose balance. Make sure that the walking desk station is at the right height, i.e., just below your elbow, and keep the arm at 90 degrees while working as this is the most comfortable position.
- Time also matters because you shouldn’t spend a whole day on the device, so start with 30 minutes a day and continue increasing your session accordingly. You should be able to work while exercising without any issue or have fatigue.
When buying a treadmill for the office, Consider the Following:
Important features to look for when buying a treadmill
Check out our ultimate treadmill buying guide from which you can get the knowledge you need for a treadmill purchase.
Can you run on a desk treadmill?
The desk treadmills mentioned above are made for walking or jogging. The speed limit is too slow for running. Although, you may jog with the help of them.
Will I lose weight if I walk on the treadmill?
With walking, you can burn about 150-250 calories per hour, depending on the intensity, age, weight, etc. That means if you use your desk treadmill for 3 hours a day, you burn at least 500 calories. So, yes, you can lose weight, but what’s more important you’re going to be much healthier than sitting all day long.
Which is the most compact treadmill for home office work?
The Bodycarft Spacewalker is a very compact product made for small apartments. It has a workstation and can be folded into a table.
Why isn’t a regular treadmill good for walking?
Treadmills for running are equipped with more powerful motors that are made for running. If we always use these treadmills only for walking, it may damage the engine because of the imperfect torque. Plus, they usually have a large touchscreen without a space for office work stuff.
Is it recommended to walk every day on the desk treadmill?
As with everything in life, if you do something too much, we’ll get bored quickly. So, I say it’s better to walk just 2-3 hours a day. That way, you can get your 10000 steps per day, which is recommended for a healthy physique and weight loss.
Last update on 2021-03-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API