Last Updated on
I can clearly remember when I started going to the gym at the age of 15. I was so excited and I thought building muscle is only about lifting weight. How stupid I was!
I wanted to have a bigger chest, arms and six pack abs like those guys had in the gym. Hence, I train each and every day for almost two hours. I had chest and arm workouts for three times a week thinking if I did more, I would get results faster.
I did not care about what I ate as well. I had the same foods that I had eaten before. High in low-quality carbs and low in protein. I have things that did not support my muscle building nor my fat loss.[easy-tweet tweet=”Sell yourself short on nutrition and you’re selling yourself short on maximizing your physique development.”]
And of course, after three months I was sick and tired of working out, and I was always thinking about giving the whole thing up. Fortunately, I’m not that kind of guy who likes to give up things, and I always try to find the solution to my problems.
So, I went to the library, since I did not have internet that time, and I borrowed a few books about bodybuilding. I read everything about the proper ways of working out, nutrition and everything that relates to fitness.
With that knowledge in my pocket and with the help of a guy from the gym, I set up my brand new workout routine and eating plan.
After four months, my body transformation was so efficient that everybody around me thought I had some pills or other illegal supplements.
Why am I telling you this story?
Because I do not want you to commit those mistakes, I did.
If you wish to get muscle-building results, you need to understand how your body works first. You need to focus on only those actions that bring results. Why would you spend your precious time with useless or even harmful things?
Within the following video, you can learn 10 important tips related to muscle building and fat loss. I wish someone had told me these guidelines when I started working out.
Let’s Recap the Points
- Train each body part once a week. If you want your muscles to grow, you should let them rest.
- Never neglect your lower body. Leg workout is critical. You do not want to look like Johnny Bravo, do you?
- Cardio is really good for you. Lots of people think that if they do cardio they burn their hardly-gained muscles. But doing cardiovascular training is crucial for burning body fat and to keep your lung and heart strong.
- Do not fall back only on supplements. Fitness and muscle building is a great business, and the manufacturers do their best to promote their products as if they were the only way to build muscles. (Not to mention those supplements that are harmful). Focus on what you eat first and then on supplements.
- Modify your workout routine regularly. If you do the same exercises, and you train the same muscle group on the same days, after some time your body get used it. And that leads to not so effective muscle stimulation. Therefore, alter your routine every 3-4 month.
- Be consistent! If you want to get results, you have to work for it. You will never reach your goals if you work out for two weeks and then not for another two.
- You do not need to go to the gym to have efficient workouts. There are tons of bodyweight exercises out there. But if you prefer weight training then you can buy strength training equipment cheaply for home.
- Do not disturb and interrupt your workout with stupid activities.
- Try various programs. What works for others may not be good for you. The most important thing is to enjoy your training. Will you be consistent if you must do a workout that you hate?
- Proper diet is vital. It is a fact that muscle building and fat loss is mainly about what you eat, 60% nutrition and 40% exercising. You will never see your body changing if you stuff it with foods with little nutritional value.
That is all guys! These are the most significant tips if you want to get lean muscles mass and great looking body. If you are a beginner, first you may find the who muscle building thing a bit complicated, but as you get familiar with it, you will get used to them.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask below and do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get helpful tips every week.
Did you find these tips useful? Then, share with your friends.